Home

Bailey4mvp's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Bailey4mvp's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Bailey4mvp's Heisman Sliders

Using these sliders i just had an amazing game as Oregon (me) vs Tennessee in which i lost 23-20 but didn't feel cheated at all.

Here are the stats.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Interesting!

With the exception of an "increment of five" here and there in the slider section and a handful here and there in the penalty section, this is alomst EXACTLY what I've been running with...

(So far) I'm getting great results, so I imagine you are as well...

I also incorporate "Adjustments" to both the HUM and CPU teams (L1 in the playcall screen) which have added to my experience:

I find:

Setting O Blocking to "Aggressive" varies the animations / interaction AND has resulted in about 1-2 hold calls per game...

Setting "Clock" to AGG fro USER leads to more HB rotation (fatigue increases) and CON for CPU makes them give you enough time to call a D play when they go "no huddle"...

I keep the other two at default / balanced for both

On D:

I set tackles to CON for both, reduces the WWE "big hits" and makes for better "wrap" tackle animations...

I then set "Strip Ball" to AGG for both...balances animations with the previous adjustment AND leads to more of the RARE fumbles in this year's game...

I set Zone to "Balance" and check the CPU's every quarter to reset if they go AGG (minimizes "DB Glitch" frequency)...

I set "option" to AGG for HUM, because the QB is overpowered with relation to the HB / FB on the option, so it minimizes "big gains" by QB keepers...CPU stays BALANCED...

I then set "Coverage / Scramble" to CON for HUM, because the focus on coverage (versus containment) leads to reduced CPU QB comp % AND coverage sacks...

With one controller (offline versus CPU) it takes a couple minutes to set up before kickoff and then a minute to check CPU's coverage (reset it to BAL when AI flips it to AGG) every half or quarter (or just at the start /user preference)...

These adjustments put a nice "crowning touch" on my sliders...may do the same for you!

I have been doing this with the Human options. How do you set the CPU options? Or are you playing with 2 controllers?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstrdr57
I have been doing this with the Human options. How do you set the CPU options? Or are you playing with 2 controllers?
I use two, so I can also assign them a custom D Book with the majority of the 6-8 man blitzes removed (too easy to exploit)...

You can do it with one though...

You have to:

Pause

Change sides

Go past the "changes will take place after the next play"

Back into the game / It will still show YOUR playcall screen, so:

You "Sim" but hit "exit" before you actually sim and BOOM:

You're in the other teams playcall screen where you can make adjustments and the repat the process to back out and end up where you started...

Kind of hard to explain, but once you get the hang, takes seconds...

Or: Use Two!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

You can do it with one though...

Or: Use Two!

Thanks. I will give this a try over the weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »