Home

Difficulty effecting player attributes

This is a discussion on Difficulty effecting player attributes within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Difficulty effecting player attributes

Thought this might be a more appropriate forum for this Q.

Sorry couldn't get this answered before...

So when I play on Heisman, the computer automatically reduces my players ratings, say speed, and automatically raises the CPU players ratings, including speed?

Does this explain the lack of breakaways on Heisman?

If true, I'm not playing Heisman because that is so unrealistic. Basically I'm wanting someone knowledgable to explain to me what difficulty settings actually do. Specifically I'm wondering about the speed thing. . . Just because I want a tough challenge doesn't mean I want an unrealistic one. I still want my 94 speed receiver to outrun the 90 speed DB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Difficulty effecting player attributes

The speed is the same no matter what the difficulty
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Rookie

fugene's Arena

OVR: 2

Would that have more to do with speed threshold? I've only payed 3 games, so can't comment on my experience in NCAA. However, your claim doesn't seem far fetched to me. I am more into the EA NHL series and when you play on higher difficulties there is a significant difference in the foot speed of the CPU and human skaters. It doesn't matter who is in the foot race; the CPU will always win the race to the puck. It was so bad that if there was a lose puck race I would switch away from the closest guy so that my team would actually have a chance to recover the puck.

Some may see this point as completely irrelevant, but I'm sure that there is some significance to the similarities in complaints.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
The speed is the same no matter what the difficulty
This.

The only thing that determines "relative speed" is threshold...

What's yours set at?

0 is the greatest discrepancy between fast and slow players and 100 is the smallest...

The "sweet spot" is debatable, but this year I agree that it's in the 55-60 range (truest to attribute)...

If you're seeing 90 DBs match speed with a 94 DB, you're probably set higher than that "sweet spot"...

Other factors:

Relationship between DPI /OPI penalties can affect speed because of the press at the LOS

Or:

The CTH slider affects more than just the ability to secure the catch...also affects route running, which can be mis interpreted as speed...too far below default 50 can influence that...

Hard to say for sure, but these are the first places I'd look...
Old 07-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This.

The only thing that determines "relative speed" is threshold...

What's yours set at?

0 is the greatest discrepancy between fast and slow players and 100 is the smallest...

The "sweet spot" is debatable, but this year I agree that it's in the 55-60 range (truest to attribute)...

If you're seeing 90 DBs match speed with a 94 DB, you're probably set higher than that "sweet spot"...

Other factors:

Relationship between DPI /OPI penalties can affect speed because of the press at the LOS

Or:

The CTH slider affects more than just the ability to secure the catch...also affects route running, which can be mis interpreted as speed...too far below default 50 can influence that...

Hard to say for sure, but these are the first places I'd look...

Thanks for responding. However, if difficulty doesn't effect player attributes, what does it effect? Game AI like sliders do?

My speed threshold is 25 btw. I bring this up because on Varsity and even all-american I will see longer gains, usually one 70 yard score a game. On Heisman everyone gets caught from behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Wait I just remembered something. I was testing some sliders in an exhibition game, and I kept changing the difficulty level and hitting "check matchups." On Varsity, all green arrows (meaning my players matched up favorably). On Heisman, nearly all red arrows or yellow lines (meaning my players did not match up favorably).

Doesn't this prove that difficulty levels effect player attributes?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

It affects everything else. Reaction time, pursuit angles, coverage ability, pass and run blocking ability. More than those things listed though. It doesn't bring down your teams abilities as much as it impoves the cpu's
Old 07-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
Wait I just remembered something. I was testing some sliders in an exhibition game, and I kept changing the difficulty level and hitting "check matchups." On Varsity, all green arrows (meaning my players matched up favorably). On Heisman, nearly all red arrows or yellow lines (meaning my players did not match up favorably).

Doesn't this prove that difficulty levels effect player attributes?

Really? That's interesting. So in theory I could edit Some Wideouts and Cornerbacks To Have Even Ratings... Go to Heisman and see how much of an increase there is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »