Home

Home Field Advantage - Bugged? Broken? WHAT?

This is a discussion on Home Field Advantage - Bugged? Broken? WHAT? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Home Field Advantage - Bugged? Broken? WHAT?

Okay, I feel like this is a problem that might either be real or might be my imagination...

HFA set to on, I keep seeing USERS down by a lot then in 2nd half, CPU never scores and user wins easy by coming back.

In my league, a user played VT as GT, VT scored 31 first half points, 3 the rest of the game.

Keep seeing this fashion in a lot of games.

Decided to test this offline with HFA OFF, I have seen the CPU play as good in 2nd half as they did in the 1st when they were on, if they got cold or messed up, they did struggle.

With HFA ON it just seems it is automatic they will suck the rest of the game after halftime.

Anyone else see this? Or play with HFA off and never see the CPU lay down like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Home Field Advantage - Bugged? Broken? WHAT?

Keep testing, glad to hear a difference is noticed. Ill test this out tonight as well.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Hope to hear someone else agree haha. The leagues are too much in favor of it so I cannot test on a major scale but let me know guys if you figure it out!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Hope to hear someone else agree haha. The leagues are too much in favor of it so I cannot test on a major scale but let me know guys if you figure it out!
I'm a believer bleed
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Just wanted to report back, played some live games today - although some I just "watched" the CPU (using Auto-pass, use it for CAPs games, don't worry long story) - but I did notice that I was seeing a lot more blow outs by significantly better teams. CPU did not let off the gas pedal and played just as well, if not better, in the second half.

Granted, sample size is just 3 games - but there is potential that this point is valid with HFA being off. At this point, the best assumption would be that it is reversed - while the actual cosmetics (squiggly lines, vibrating controller, etc) are not reversed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

I put a thread on the main ncaa Paige about this. I feel like the games are SO MUCH closer and realistic with HFA off.. With it on, there's always one team just horrible and then it magically gets going. Only to still get crushed in the end. It's annoying and I think It is broken, or half way functioning. Definitely something I hope ea looks into.. I'm not liking it ATM..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Figured I'd chime in to say I had been seeing the same thing with HFA ON.

I finally got fed up with seeing the same formulaic 2nd half over and over again and switched HFA to OFF 10-15 games ago.

I've seen and played much better games since then. Blowouts where the dead stay buried, back and forth air shows that go a full 4 quarters, and stand offs that never seem to make it into either teams red zone. Like was said above...the CPU doesn't let off the accelerator.

Just better football from start to finish.

Personally didn't try and test much with regards to HFA, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few of the Coach Skills played a roll in all of this as well. That entire Coach Skill system desperately needs an option to be switched off altogether...if only for the sake of removing a whole bunch of variables to slider testing.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

I went it to detail on this is the "Is Defense Broken" thread...

Bottom line:

Could not beat a semi realistic game of football out of this until I hit the "eureka moment" and turned it off...

Since then?

Decent approximation of EA Football...

HFA doesn't seem to favor either side, it just sets of a "randomizer" full of WTF gameplay...

Since Dynasty affords us the ability to either have a "Road Warrior" HC (or achieve that after a season or so), which supposedly negates it, what point does it serve?

MAYBE if HFA had a slider attached to it (like the equally "controversial" Clutch in earlier versions of NBA2k series), we'd be able to figure out EXACTLY what it does and influence it's impact accordingly...

Expecting something this nebulous to work properly after 15 years and 2 gens worth of piled on code, in addition to what they borked this year with the Option "Boost" and Spilt Level Play?

To much to expect, IMHO...

I vote OFF!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »