Home

Sliders/Theories, etc - approach it with evidence thread

This is a discussion on Sliders/Theories, etc - approach it with evidence thread within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #57
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sliders/Theories, etc - approach it with evidence thread

I really don't see why this thread even exists. All it seems to be is a DB glitch thread. It seems just like Matt10's normal slider thread discussion. No one is fixing the "DB Glitch". Either you can't stand it and it ruins the game or it doesn't bother you. I am in the it doesn't bother me that much camp. So how is this thread going to help anything? Even an opinion gets the "must prove with video evidence" comment. Until EA provides a patch it's just something that will have to be worked around. That's why I'm just playing the game and having a good time.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I really don't see why this thread even exists. All it seems to be is a DB glitch thread. It seems just like Matt10's normal slider thread discussion. No one is fixing the "DB Glitch". Either you can't stand it and it ruins the game or it doesn't bother you. I am in the it doesn't bother me that much camp. So how is this thread going to help anything? Even an opinion gets the "must prove with video evidence" comment. Until EA provides a patch it's just something that will have to be worked around. That's why I'm just playing the game and having a good time.
Because the post above yours says they like the idea of this. It's not a DB glitch thread - it turned into it because Heisman was being suggested. So I played it live - and we proved that it is there. Now it's time to move on to the next one. It was also proven that Jarrod's sliders are quite fun, but the level impacts it with the DB glitch unfortunately.

Why do I always have to explain myself? People are having such different games, to the point they are disagreeing on theories - well this is the place to see that others are having different experiences and also a place to test out said theories. What's the harm in that?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Up next: It was going to be comeback route - but time to explore PCV and INT.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #60
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Because the post above yours says they like the idea of this. It's not a DB glitch thread - it turned into it because Heisman was being suggested. So I played it live - and we proved that it is there. Now it's time to move on to the next one. It was also proven that Jarrod's sliders are quite fun, but the level impacts it with the DB glitch unfortunately.

Why do I always have to explain myself? People are having such different games, to the point they are disagreeing on theories - well this is the place to see that others are having different experiences and also a place to test out said theories. What's the harm in that?
I see you point. I even agree about the glitch problem. I just don't think there is a fix that will come with this thread. There seems to be a lot of things going on in you thread that have to do with fixing this. I use AA and Heisman and I see it at times of coarse but, I do similar as Jarod does and try and make the Pass rush get to me fast enough that I can't take advantage of the glitch very much. I actually run right out of bounds if I catch a pass because of it happening. I guess I'll just join in the discussion when we get off the db glitch stuff.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #61
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

for the people who say they are so good they have to play on heisman, do you call your own plays or do you choose one of the "coach" plays. im of the belief that the cpu picks one of the "coach" plays and if the human doesn't then the human would have an extreme advantage and maybe that is why this thread turned into a varsity vs heisman discussion, instead of what matt10 intended it to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #62
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Up next: It was going to be comeback route - but time to explore PCV and INT.
Keep up the good work! A great percentage of this board uses your sliders. You are obviously doing something right. I completely relate to your passion for college football. I'll get Madden because I love football, but NCAA is where my heart will always be! I was one of the biggest advocates of 100 thresh on 13. So we have similar ideologies.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Thanks, guys. I know my passion is pretty strong - and it's odd because I'm a soccer player at heart - but I've put in a lot of time with this game. I want to use up as much of the potential possible, so we as a community can see it together. So many threads with theories, with no proof - it's just all over the place.

So I'm open to suggestions on what to test next.

Right now we are testing PCV - seeing what it does. Since DB glitch occurs on AA and Heisman, I'm testing on varsity - but default and will work our way up from there.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I see you point. I even agree about the glitch problem. I just don't think there is a fix that will come with this thread. There seems to be a lot of things going on in you thread that have to do with fixing this. I use AA and Heisman and I see it at times of coarse but, I do similar as Jarod does and try and make the Pass rush get to me fast enough that I can't take advantage of the glitch very much. I actually run right out of bounds if I catch a pass because of it happening. I guess I'll just join in the discussion when we get off the db glitch stuff.
Yeah I'm not denying the glitch either. I was just stating that having the INTs and pass coverage high along with the USER pass blocking low tones it down to the point that you risk throwing a bunch of INTs if you try to exploit it all game which forces gamers to mix up there playcalling. Thats why you don't hear no complaints about it with my sliders. But it does happen sometimes. Matt proved that.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-03-2013 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »