Home

Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay

This is a discussion on Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay

Credit to oraeon for even planting this seed in my head with his coaching slider thread.

OP EDIT 9/1

Rosters can be found and downloaded under Psn Chedapalooza988 and explained

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oster-base.htm

OP EDIT 8/24/13
final coaching sliders

OFF AGG- 85/15 ( or as far right as slider Will move)

DEF AGG-15/85 (or as far left as slider will move)

DEF RUN/ PASS ( edit to get closest to 50/50 balance without crossing 50 of the default setting)
Example: default is 44/56 one click right will bring you to 49/51- that is your closest without crossing 50 of default setting

Do the above for all HC OC AND DC PRIOR TO STARTING YOUR DYNASTY. As well as your own HC OC AND DC
I will edit this post again with my ps3 GT once I do these edits with the final OS pre season /week 1 roster

An optional (my personal) slider set is somewhere on page 12 post #113

I'd like to elaborate tho on my findings from last night.

Offense
Coaching aggression will control:

the amount of deep balls CPU throws/attempts (more aggressive=more deep balls)

The way ball carriers attack the hole, ball security (fighting for yards versus covering and going down)

Aggressiveness of wr to go up and catch the ball / avoid first tackle

Types of plays called- more conservative = more screens and draws, short crossers, etc.

All in all I like default out of box for offense. Feel free to tweak these as you would like, but making a team below 30 aggression will GREATLY hinder the offenses success (slider would read 70/30) I don't recommend going below that or ABOVE 55/45

Defense- this is the biggy with this years pass comp %

It stems from the defense blitzing so much with defiant aggression settings. More blitzers = less pass defenders= higher overall comp%.

By lowering the aggression of defenses to 30 and lower (do not go above 70/30) you reduced blitzes, and keep more men in coverage for the CPU.
*u must lower you defenses aggression to 70/30 or lower* why? Bc if u keep it stock, you will over power their running game. They will be forced to throw the ball all day and then you will get the "my rush defense is 1st in nation and pass defense is last"

By lowering your defensive aggression, you lower your AI defender team mates aggressiveness to attack the ball carrier, u also get more men in coverage - now both qb's will see a realistic comp%.
I've had two games at49% using this. Trying everything I could, but the d was always in position.

Lowering d aggression will also cause LESS STRIPS AND INT'S. adjust int slider accordingly, however, for fumbles- I EMPLORE you all to quickly switch to your CPU opponent and set their strip to aggressive. It will remain this way the whole game. Do it for your team as well. You WILL see fumbles. Teams with 70/30 will strip more, teams with 85/15 much less. It's been working great.

The biggest thing that you should take away from this is that players actions are controlled by the aggression sliders. I've found these sliders to be invaluable in making my GAMEPLAY sliders do what I want. This have helped me achieve accurate completion % and rushing yardage for BOTH teams. My defense no longer leads the nation in rushing and is dead last in passing. I am seeing all types of games, hell I lost to duke on a missed fg in a rivalry game as NC state bc they were able to shut down my running game. Then I narrowly beat UNC. Then got blown out by Boston college bc I couldn't stop their offense. It's been awesome to work with these and I really hope y'all try it out. Post any questions at all.

I will add on if I need to but I think I nailed the important points here... Lmk how it works out for u!
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 09-02-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay

I'd imagine these also affect the sim engine, which is pretty off...

Is there a way to come up with settings for all the team's offences that would not just provide in game realistic run / pass splits (with a varied attack) that also make the sim stat engine run more realistically?

I'm using a version of OS Roster / Oreaon that has low total passing yards for the CPU QBs / most QBs under 50% comp / etc.

I'm away from the console for a week, so I can't identify what else was off in that stat engine, but the QB stuff was the really obvious example...

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'd imagine these also affect the sim engine, which is pretty off...

Is there a way to come up with settings for all the team's offences that would not just provide in game realistic run / pass splits (with a varied attack) that also make the sim stat engine run more realistically?

I'm using a version of OS Roster / Oreaon that has low total passing yards for the CPU QBs / most QBs under 50% comp / etc.

I'm away from the console for a week, so I can't identify what else was off in that stat engine, but the QB stuff was the really obvious example...

Thanks!

Yea I noticed that too. I believe the coaching edits for aggression that oraeon did are too extreme, by only a couple points, yet still are yielding the results you mention.

I did more games in dynasty last night n have concluded that defensive aggression cannot go below 20. I plan on editing all the teams that are 85/15, or like 83/17 to make them over 20, just by one click does it.

I am debating if I then want to raise all teams at 20 to 25, 25 to 30. I don't think I want any teams 65/35, so I will for organizations sake call it:

Conservative 80/20
Average- 75/25
Aggressive- 60/30

This should help distinguish teams from aggressive to conservative, allow for inceeases of sim qb% completions as well.

As for offense, I think aggression can't go below 35 (65/35) anything more than that and teams do not play with that killer instinct.

Conservative- 65/35
Average -60/40
Aggressive- 55/45

These settings mixed and matched against different defensive settings, mixed an matched against the run pass sliders will make for great variety in terms of matchups
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Do you plan on making a list for teams offensive and defensive aggression?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
I don't know how to use excel or anything like that so I wasn't planning on it. It's pretty simple tho. Any team that is already at an acceptable range just leave them there.

You will come across teams that 'out of range'. It they are HIGH out of range, make they the aggressive setting in range. If they are low, make them the conservative setting. That goes for offense and defense. Aim to make all 3 coaches the same or as close as possible.

Same goes for run/pass- see oraeons thread for run/pass ratios
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Thank you for the suggestion. I've got the game playing pretty well for my tastes, but it has been bothering me that FSU's defense 111th in the country in passing defense. Whether I play or I sim, we can't stop the pass for anything. Will definitely test this out later.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Thank you for the suggestion. I've got the game playing pretty well for my tastes, but it has been bothering me that FSU's defense 111th in the country in passing defense. Whether I play or I sim, we can't stop the pass for anything. Will definitely test this out later.
Cool, before u switch it up, would u mind posting their current settings? I don't have the default rosters anymore so Im just curious.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
I see why u would need a liSt if u are still using default rosters or OS rosters.

You can download oraeons rosters and tweak given the settings I listed. I would offer my roster but I haven't done this yet for ALL teams. Just teams I play against. I am waiting to do all the edits until a patch comes out and the finla OS rosters are released so I can start my real dynasty.
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »