Home

Slim's ALL-AMERICAN strong defense sliders

This is a discussion on Slim's ALL-AMERICAN strong defense sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Slim's ALL-AMERICAN strong defense sliders

I for one got tired of the cpu not being able to play defense. I've tested all sorts of slider combinations and finally found one that makes the cpu defense make me fight for yards.

Version 1

All American including user vs user skill
8 minute quarters
Normal game speed
25 speed threshold
HFA - on

PENALTIES

All default except
OPI/DPI - 0
RTK - 30
IG- 25

User/CPU

QBA - 5/10
PBK - 5/75
WRC - 25/75
RBA - 5/95
RBK - 5/95
PCV - 5/95
INT - 5/95
RDF - 5/95
TLK - 25/60

FGP - 50/50
FGA - 25/40
PP- 50/50
PA- 25/100

All constructive feedback is welcome. I do think these will give you a challenge on offense and defense, while providing a realistic game.

Last edited by Slim4824; 08-10-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've read some interesting stuff on the roughing the kicker slider affecting pursuit and tackling. Did you test the penalty sliders other than those 3? Did you notice anything odd?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
I've read some interesting stuff on the roughing the kicker slider affecting pursuit and tackling. Did you test the penalty sliders other than those 3? Did you notice anything odd?

Yes I updated the penalty sliders in the OP. Skipped over that one. It definitely makes running the ball a bit harder. Also have not noted a single DB glitch yet.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Gonna play a few games as Arizona St in a bit. Give you some feedback after I play some.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Re: Slim's ALL-AMERICAN strong defense sliders

sounds good. I went this route with the sliders with the 5 instead of 0 and 95 instead of 100 because for some reason the total extremes seam to negatively affect the slider.

Last edited by Slim4824; 08-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been back on OS. Played two games late last night, and saw some good things. Warm up against FCS. They played ok on D. I was able to move the ball fairly well but threw a pick. My fault and I paid. I was able to stop them on D, but like every game I play the QB is automatic. He went something like 11-13 for 110yds in the first half. I liked that the CPU D-line got pressure, it just all seem to come from the interior DTs. No edge rush. I won easily. Pulled away in the second half. Passed efficiently, though I did throw another int. Stayed balanced and ended up winning by 21+.

My problem as the defense is the same as always. Zone coverage really means strafe near him, let him catch it, then step up and tackle. If I run man, the DB takes three steps sometimes after the break in the route and the WR is so open its ridiculous. I don't think any set of sliders can fix the incredible lack of user D, I think its a patch situation.

Second game:

Wisconsin.....

They ran the ball down my throat, and while I was extremely frustrated, its not like it couldn't happen. They're a smashmouth type team. And AZ St isn't exactly Alabama in terms of Lineman and physicality, though it felt like I was helpless at times. Blitzing all the LBs and playing as the safety I still was getting gashed. They stuck to their game plan and it worked. I lost by two scores after 2 more Ints really sealed the loss.

The pass coverage is nice by the CPU. I could pass and run, but I had to be decisive in throws and play smart. QB missed some open throws but I was able to get good control using the lead passing. I liked everything about being on offense. Nothing was given to me, but I wasn't playing the 85 bears.

Same as the first game, all the pass rush was either overloads by LB, or mostly, by the DTs. Seems like its been that way for a while now in EA sports games though, so I don't know if there is anything to do to change that.

All in all a great base. I would play with User Pass Blocking a bit and either tone down CPU run blocking or up User Run D. I was getting blown off the line on run plays. But that was Wisconsin, and I haven't played anybody else yet. So I recommend a grain of salt with it. Lol.

/End wall

Last edited by GritSnSpeed; 08-11-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been back on OS. Played two games late last night, and saw some good things. Warm up against FCS. They played ok on D. I was able to move the ball fairly well but threw a pick. My fault and I paid. I was able to stop them on D, but like every game I play the QB is automatic. He went something like 11-13 for 110yds in the first half. I liked that the CPU D-line got pressure, it just all seem to come from the interior DTs. No edge rush. I won easily. Pulled away in the second half. Passed efficiently, though I did throw another int. Stayed balanced and ended up winning by 21+.

My problem as the defense is the same as always. Zone coverage really means strafe near him, let him catch it, then step up and tackle. If I run man, the DB takes three steps sometimes after the break in the route and the WR is so open its ridiculous. I don't think any set of sliders can fix the incredible lack of user D, I think its a patch situation.

Second game:

Wisconsin.....

They ran the ball down my throat, and while I was extremely frustrated, its not like it couldn't happen. They're a smashmouth type team. And AZ St isn't exactly Alabama in terms of Lineman and physicality, though it felt like I was helpless at times. Blitzing all the LBs and playing as the safety I still was getting gashed. They stuck to their game plan and it worked. I lost by two scores after 2 more Ints really sealed the loss.

The pass coverage is nice by the CPU. I could pass and run, but I had to be decisive in throws and play smart. QB missed some open throws but I was able to get good control using the lead passing. I liked everything about being on offense. Nothing was given to me, but I wasn't playing the 85 bears.

Same as the first game, all the pass rush was either overloads by LB, or mostly, by the DTs. Seems like its been that way for a while now in EA sports games though, so I don't know if there is anything to do to change that.

All in all a great base. I would play with User Pass Blocking a bit and either tone down CPU run blocking or up User Run D. I was getting blown off the line on run plays. But that was Wisconsin, and I haven't played anybody else yet. So I recommend a grain of salt with it. Lol.

/End wall

Taken your findings and have been tweaking to make the cpu pass rush more realistic as well as toning down the cpu run game a bit. Will have version 2.0 out by tonight.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Slim's ALL-AMERICAN strong defense sliders

I've been running these for offense while running OS Community sliders on defense.

Amazing results. Loving the game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »