Home

I Will Say It First: This Game is PROGRAMMED to be Played on Default...

This is a discussion on I Will Say It First: This Game is PROGRAMMED to be Played on Default... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I Will Say It First: This Game is PROGRAMMED to be Played on Default...

I doubt it. If I play on default sliders my QB will go 20/20 and the CPU QB will go 20/20

Also not to be "that guy" but if ur going to be posting stats of every game and writing a summary/story it probably belongs in the "how is your dynasty thread going". Couple of great guys post weekly games of their dynasty so it's a good thread.

Last edited by canesfins; 08-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

And not to nitpick, but changing threshold isn't default.

But I understand your desire. I think AA default (with threshold at 50) plays ok, except for the QB accuracies and the CPU running game gets stuffed too often.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

OVR: 1

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

What rosters are you using mate? Jake Heaps is QB1 for University of Kansas, not Kansas State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I doubt it. If I play on default sliders my QB will go 20/20 and the CPU QB will go 20/20

Also not to be "that guy" but if ur going to be posting stats of every game and writing a summary/story it probably belongs in the "how is your dynasty thread going". Couple of great guys post weekly games of their dynasty so it's a good thread.
As I stated earlier in my post. This forum is for simulation based play for the sole purpose of evaluating stats through a full year of All American simulation gameplay.

Also, everyone plays the game differently. If you do not play simulation style I don't expect for you to generate the same results. Thanks for your comments. Go NOLES!

Additionally, this is no different than what other sliders guys do when they post the stats of their games from the result of slider tweaks. "Just saying"

Last edited by The_Gaming_Disciple; 08-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallace17
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

What rosters are you using mate? Jake Heaps is QB1 for University of Kansas, not Kansas State.
That is a mistake on my part, I posted the wrong name by accident. If you look at the stats I posted you will see the back up player is on the roster.

The roster I am using is k-weezy-8.

Once again, the name Jake Heaps was placed in error on my part. I was looking at the wrong roster when I had to figure out who was knocked out of the game against KSU. I searched for it after I played the game and posted my stats. It is an error on my part.

Last edited by The_Gaming_Disciple; 08-21-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
And not to nitpick, but changing threshold isn't default.

But I understand your desire. I think AA default (with threshold at 50) plays ok, except for the QB accuracies and the CPU running game gets stuffed too often.
Threshold, seriously?

No comment...
Old 08-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think that it's great to have custom sliders to give people the ability to play the game *they* want it to be played.

That said, I agree with you in that the game is very likely tested and tweaked for default sliders. A sizable majority of people playing NCAA don't touch the sliders. So playing on anything other than default can easily (although not necessarily) introduce new bugs and quirks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
I will be the first to just come out and say that this game by EA is programmed to function effectively on default slider settings.

It is well known that tweaking sliders and playing on Heisman difficulty introduces bugs/glitches into the game.
It's great if you can play on AA without touching anything, but a majority of us on this message board would blow out every team we play if we used that approach.

The fact is, many of us choose to deal with the issues the game brings about when you adjust settings and sliders so that we can have a challenge. And from the looks of your first 3 games, you aren't getting much of a challenge yet either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »