Home

Old 09-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pass Defense!!!!

I have spent quite a bit of time doing tweaks and what not to my sliders trying to make my USER pass defense stronger and to weaken my USER rush defense, I managed to fix the rush defense but I'm having a hard time with the pass defense. I've been reading on here and some folks said the Defensive/Offensive Pass Interference penalty can help with this so I lowered it and all it did was make the CPU pass defense stronger (Which is a good thing but still not what I was trying to do.) I'm running a dynasty with Georgia State in the 2nd year and yes I understand that my defense is suppose to suck lol, but when I play FCS teams that are pretty close to my team rating their WR's, RB's, TE's are WIDE OPEN on every play!!!! I'm so sick of stuffing the run on 1st and 2nd down and I might as well drop my controller on 3rd down because they are going to convert with a wide open pass EVERYTIME. My db's should atleast somewhat cover. I can call a dime when they only have 3 WR's on the field with man OR zone coverage and it still doesn't matter. I've gotten to the point where I'm losing my patience to keep testing and tweaking so I would really appreciate any suggestions on what could maybe fix or atleast help with this problem??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Pass Defense!!!!

raise OPI/DPI to 75+ and run press coverage. You'll be shutting down qbs in no time.

Additionally, having a solid pass rush is the SINGLE MOST EFFECTIVE way to keep the ai qb below 55-50%
Old 09-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblerooski
raise OPI/DPI to 75+ and run press coverage. You'll be shutting down qbs in no time.

Additionally, having a solid pass rush is the SINGLE MOST EFFECTIVE way to keep the ai qb below 55-50%
yea, I used to think lowering DPI was the way to go as the CBs seemed to maybe be a bit more aggressive, but I was never sure if it was just me wanting to believe it. I can say for a fact, that at low OPI makes the WRs blow past press coverage super quick every time, often resulting in huge pass plays. At higher OPI/DPI settings, you get a nice battle for the first few yards between CB/WR if running press coverage that seems much more reasonable

I've found momentum to be a big factor. I normally blitz a lot early in the game to get my line/lbs 'hot' and rattle their qb. At first they tend to have higher completion percentage, but just keep at it. Then the qb starts getting errant throws and I just run press man coverage, sometimes blitzing a LB or two. The qb normally panics and makes a bad throw thats an incompletion, deflected or picked off. But my #1 priority is always getting stud pass rushers at both DE spots in my dynasty as they seem to make all the difference

fyi, I run these settings (for passing at least)
User/CPU
QBA: 5/5
PBlock: 40/50 //I had lower PBlock for user, but then play action passes always got blown up, so...
WRC: 35/40 //if you hit them as they are trying to catch, better chance of knocking it out
PCov: 75/75 //affects look back of DBs mostly
Int: 35/40 //dont go lower than 30-35, will get loose/poor coverage

OPI: 75
DPI: 75
Int Grounding: 95 //keep this high, at least at 90, or you will get too many sacks. Grounding isnt called anyways, but higher settings make the QBs try throwing out of sacks more often so you dont end up with 14+

Note that you probably are still going to get burned as a scrub team, but higher rated defenses will be very very stout

Last edited by aerovt; 09-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

pur1ty's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm working on a slider set right now, based originally off of Matt'10s. Using his standard sliders, the user pass D was great, it would allow for short passes pretty regularly but it was basically like a run game. I actually felt it was too strong at times. If you're looking for a stronger user pass D I'd point you in the direction of Matt10's sliders.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Thank you all for your suggestions! Will definitely plug in those pass interference numbers and give that a shot, and I actually saw Matt's slider after I posted this and I'm using it as a base with a few tweaks and it is slowing down the pass attack of the CPU. I guess I'm just an old school guy, I'd much rather play a low scoring defensive game than a high scoring slug fest. The defensive games are what gets me biting my nails the whole game!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »