Home

Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D?

This is a discussion on Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html

I am not promising you fumbles, but if you set your strip to aggressive you have a better chance.
I am having trouble finding the strip setting. Can someone tell me where this is located?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I use Skundy's sliders and sliders have nothing to do with defensive rankings

Its all about taking away your opponents strengths first and foremost then start attacking their weakness

I'm in Year 1 of my Michigan Dynasty 7-1(4-0 in the Big10)

My defensive Ranks
4th in Total points allowed(14.1)
6th in total yards per game(272.3)
22nd in passing yards allowed(160.8)
7th in rushing yards allowed(111.5)

Before EVERY game I look at the other teams players stats and then I determine who I need to focus on then once their out the picture I can start focusing on everything else

Like my next game is against is against Nebraska and my main focus will be stopping their run game

Nebraska
10th in Rushing yards per game(257.3)

Michigan
7th in Rushing yards allowed(111.5)

My Main Focus will be stopping:
Imani Cross(978 yards rushing/5 yards a carry/11TD) and Taylor Martinez(643 yards rushing/5.6 yards a carry/10TD)

IMO sliders have like a 4% impact on where you get ranked defensively

If you take the time to look at the other teams players and stats and make the proper adjustments then you should be good

As for fumbles its a win/lose situation

I've only forced 6 fumbles this season not worried about it because I'm second in the Nation in INT's with (18) so I'm causing turnovers either way

I might be the only one that uses practice mode but it helps me out at times like with Nebraska being my next game I'm to do alot of running/spread option plays on offense and Blitz plays to the outside on defense I just love using strategies ... it helps

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
These are the two things that I just can't seem to "deal with" when I look at an otherwise very enjoyable NCAA Football video game this year.

I would think that lowering RB ability might cause more fumbles, but...

4 years into my dynasty and whether I'm in the MAC or the Big Ten I have a top 5 ranked run D every year. And that's on 10-minute quarters. My pass D averages around 100-110th in the nation and honestly I don't think i'm that good at rush D and that bad at pass D, in either playcalling or on the sticks.

So it occurs to me that maybe just editing all the coaches' sliders to encourage more runs would create less pass attempts and more rush attempts, and then maybe I'd see more fumbles? I'd rather not do that, but if that's the answer then I guess I will, but I also don't want to have to do that for every new coach in dynasty.

I'm definitely not going to lower a bunch of CAR ratings for offensive players (and partly because there would be a lot of this with the WR recruits when they come in with 90s for CAR rating)
also being one of the top run defenses in the Nation is good thing no matter the conference

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #12
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
With sliders, the only way I ever get the ai to put up decent rushing numbers is if I boost their stats until they average 8+ yds/att which is a bit ridiculous. The ai just doesnt like running the football which is quite frustrating as it makes defense so predictable.

The only way I've found to fix this is to edit the coach I'm about to play to make them favor the run quite a bit more. After the game, I just set them back to where they were before so the sim results dont get more messed up than normal.
I'm having the same issues, though I haven't gone in to edit the opposing coaches at all.

I'm using UMass, these sliders, and 7 minute quarters.

Even if my opponent has some early success with the run, they'll often abandon it very quickly, and if they don't have early success they're definitely not going to keep rushing it. Looking at my current season (2014), the only team that's stuck with the run was BC and their RB was averaging 6.5 YPC (totaled 130 for the game). Penn State had 10 total rushes, including QB sacks - realistically they had 6 rushes versus 40 pass plays. A few other teams had RB with YPC around 4.5 and only ran it maybe 10 times.

I know playing 7 minute quarters is going to keep my defense slightly overrated, but it's a bit ridiculous how little the CPU even tries to run the ball.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #13
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I use Skundy's sliders and sliders have nothing to do with defensive rankings

Its all about taking away your opponents strengths first and foremost then start attacking their weakness

I'm in Year 1 of my Michigan Dynasty 7-1(4-0 in the Big10)

My defensive Ranks
4th in Total points allowed(14.1)
6th in total yards per game(272.3)
22nd in passing yards allowed(160.8)
7th in rushing yards allowed(111.5)

Before EVERY game I look at the other teams players stats and then I determine who I need to focus on then once their out the picture I can start focusing on everything else

Like my next game is against is against Nebraska and my main focus will be stopping their run game

Nebraska
10th in Rushing yards per game(257.3)

Michigan
7th in Rushing yards allowed(111.5)

My Main Focus will be stopping:
Imani Cross(978 yards rushing/5 yards a carry/11TD) and Taylor Martinez(643 yards rushing/5.6 yards a carry/10TD)

IMO sliders have like a 4% impact on where you get ranked defensively

If you take the time to look at the other teams players and stats and make the proper adjustments then you should be good

As for fumbles its a win/lose situation

I've only forced 6 fumbles this season not worried about it because I'm second in the Nation in INT's with (18) so I'm causing turnovers either way

I might be the only one that uses practice mode but it helps me out at times like with Nebraska being my next game I'm to do alot of running/spread option plays on offense and Blitz plays to the outside on defense I just love using strategies ... it helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
also being one of the top run defenses in the Nation is good thing no matter the conference
You're misunderstanding the problem here.

It's not a good thing to have the top run D when you're using a middling team, it's not realistic. We're not looking for tips on how to get a better D, just playing on a lower difficulty will do that. We're actually looking to adjust it so the run D numbers are more realistic, without throwing everything else out of whack.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
You're misunderstanding the problem here.

It's not a good thing to have the top run D when you're using a middling team, it's not realistic. We're not looking for tips on how to get a better D, just playing on a lower difficulty will do that. We're actually looking to adjust it so the run D numbers are more realistic, without throwing everything else out of whack.
Ok my bad I must have read the op wrong .... That's my fault

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I just finished year 3. I finished #2 in rush defense, 120 yds a game. I feel much better about that than say giving up less than 60 rushing yds a game which is what you would see on default. The first 2 years I was in the 20's for rush d. I focused on beefing up my DT's and LB's and I attribute my recent success in stopping the run to that.

Along with my offense being better and being able to go on longer, more sustainable drives that give me an early lead so that the computer abandons the run and plays catch up with the pass.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 09-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

I wonder if there is some sort of formula that the CPU uses looking at the TOP battle and time remaining or something like that?

I also have a TOP-style offense that is mostly smash-mouth (when I'm doing it right) and looks to put together looong 10-, 12-, 15-play drives if I don't pop off a big play. Plus I use a lot of motion and hot routes, so even without using the "conservative tempo" it's not at all uncommon for me to have more than double my opponent's TOP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »