Home

CPU vs. CPU long passes

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU long passes within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs. CPU long passes

It looks like after the patch, they overcompensated for the out of control passing game of the original version of the game. Now, I can't get even the best QBs to average 10+ yards per completion. Everything is a 3-5 yard pass with the occasional 15 yard pass and the once-per-game 30+ yard pass. Even against the worst pass defenses, the computer always dumps the ball off under the coverage.

Is there anything anyone knows of that can force the computer to throw down field more consistently? I have the pass coverage slider (which I don't even think works) set at 20 right now and pass blocking at 60.

This is also affecting the number of touchdowns QBs have. The best QBs are ending up with 15-20 TDs since they aren't throwing downfield.

Last edited by zocrates; 10-04-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU vs. CPU long passes

Anybody?

I'm having a little success by lowering the tackle slider down to about 10, but the good QBs are only averaging 12-13 yards per completion, when they should be consistently around 14-15.

For some reason, the computer just doesn't want to god for the home run often enough, even if you mess with the offensive aggressiveness.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

In my experience it is the CPU's playbook. I have created a variety of playbooks and most recently I created an air raid playbook and noticed the QB throwing on deep plays. I think the teams will play toward the playbook tendency. What I have done in the past is loaded a CPU playbook then switched the controller to my side once the games starts. If you have your own playbook you can use two controllers then once the game starts set the CPU controller to the middle then turn the controller off. Give it a shot, it may work.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback.

I hope there's another way other than changing everybody's playbook to Air Raid to get the computer to start throwing downfield more often.

I noticed before the patch that CPU QBs would do this a lot more where they almost threw downfield at will on the other extreme. It was also like this in previous versions of the game, too. Now, they waay overcompensated by making everything a dump.

I've tried messing with RBA (which I think also affects receivers after the catch) as well as the tackling slider, and while receivers are breaking more tackles, it doesn't translate to the amount of yards they would get IRL unless you take the tackling down to zero, which starts to affect other things too much.

I'm surprised none of the slider gurus on here have any solutions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »