Home

Will someone please try these...FAST!

This is a discussion on Will someone please try these...FAST! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Will someone please try these...FAST!

Evening,

Over the course of the last few years with NCAA and Madden and the whole penalty sliders effects game play nonsense, I have come around to the idea that the closer to default the better chance for a wide variety of results.

I have tried many sliders here and many in the Madden forum and what I have found is that I am getting the best results with the majority of the sliders set to 50 and the penalties adjusted from there. There are even a few sets posted that are close to what I have with one major difference, game speed.

I have never even considered the FAST game speed to be an option because of the awful animations it often produces, but after two years of the new "physics" engine, every game speed produces comical, outrageous, and down right ridiculous animations.

So, I tried the FAST game speed with all of the sliders at 50 USER QBA 5/CPU QBA 20) and Offense and defense set to HEISMAN. The FAST game speed has a significant effect on pocket time and overall pursuit from a defensive perspective. I also noticed a major difference when playing 5 star teams and 3 star teams. I even used Auburn at Alabama and was only able to get 3 first downs in the first half and trailed 21-3. As USC against Alabama in the first half? 2 first downs, 4 INTs, and losing 34-0. Beat Florida State with OSU 33-32 after trailing heading into the 4th 23-7.

So I am very happy...so far. Here are the settings....

OFF/DEF-Heisman/Heisman
9 Minutes...or whatever gets 130-140 plays
Threshold-0
GAME SPEED-FAST....THIS IS THE KEY!!!
ALL SLIDERS-50 except QBA. USER-5 CPU-20

PENALTIES (Thanks Matt10 and the Community!!!)
Offsides/Holding/False Start-99
Facemask-54
OPI/DPI-65
KR/PR Interference-50
Clipping-50
Intentional Grounding-80
Roughing the Passer-50

As with any set, you have to try at least 4-6 full games or at least a full half with different match ups. If you're not used to the FAST game play speed, no worries, I despised it for years, but by the end of the first game, you'll get used to it and some of the animations look better on this speed anyway. On Normal and slow I could pick apart any defense with pretty much any QBA, on FAST, you have to use slide protection, read the D, and even hot route backs and TE's to pass protect. On defense, especially against good running teams gap protection is a must as is making the right call. Against Bama I would adjust to cover the receivers as McCarron rarely takes off. Pinch the line, spread the LBs, bring a safety for help, show blitz. In other words, use the strategies the game provides. The run is hard to stop, but not impossible. Yeldon hit the 100 yard mark with 4 minutes left in the first quarter against Auburn until I adjusted. He had 12 yards the rest of the first half, but I was beaten by McCarron for two TDs. One was a 50yd bomb to White. It's a challenge...and that's a good thing.

2 house rules.....I use Ask Coach and usually run one of the three plays and to make kicking more exciting and freaking nerve racking I SIM and WATCH ALL USER FGs.

Certainly not a "slider guru" but with all of the slider-itis and slider hell going on, I figured I post my thoughts and what's working....GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will someone please try these...FAST!

I would love to give these a play. Perhaps next week after I'm done with finals I'll be able to. I'll post a box score when I do.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Will someone please try these...FAST!

What is your opinion of using these settings for a Coach game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »