Home

As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

This is a discussion on As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #249
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

I recently switched to the sliders in the OP from playmakers and there is a noticeable and immediate uptick in the number of HB screen passes. I have a theory that it's due to the high RBA slider in these sliders.

I'm not really interested in testing it out, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #250
MVP

OVR: 9

I've been using the OP sliders for a couple of seasons now and there's just not enough points scored. As an OC I am constantly under job security issues because, while there's a good amount of yards, there's just not enough points.

Constantly among the worst in the nation at scoring, while among the best in scoring defense.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 0

I went from using these sliders as cup vs cpu to now coach mode only and am still getting realistic stats in my Kent St. Dynasty so far I'm. 3-2 and my spread option is 3rd in rushing at 244 ypg and I'm only avg 24 pts/per.
Both offenses are avg about 59-65 plays but besides playing the power 5 teams...like I played #4 LSU and they racked up 505 yds on me the total offenses avg around 350- 450 depending on team and score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #252
Banned

These sliders and settings are very realistic for cpu vs cpu..the best out there💪💪💪
Old 10-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #253
Just started!

With the cpu vs cpu stats from these games you’re showing, were any of them when you were watching the games, or did the games get simulated real fast. I was just wondering if both ways produce good realistic results. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2019, 01:33 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been using these sliders for a few months now. I have it on coach mode, I don't use custom playbooks, and I try to play realistically when it comes to my playcalling. My only changes where that I dropped RB ability and runblocking, both by five.

I love it! Some might find it too easy, but I like to give myself credit for my playcalls. I use Oregon's playbook on offense. On defense, I used 3-3-5 for the first three years, then when I got a Power Five team, I went to 4-3.

I started at Georgia State. First year at this level, I gave them an east schedule. I could barely pass, so I was a running and option team. I won the conference, then lost my bowl game. I got offered jobs, ended up taking Hawaii.

That QB could actually pass, so I ran my offense differently. Somehow, I not only won the conference, but I made it to the National Championship. My HB also won the Heisman, due to his TD numbers. I always pounded him in inside the ten, so he had close to thirty. I lost the National Championship on a Hail Mary as time expired...

Next season, didn't like my offers, and stayed. I lost to Boise State, but still won the conference, and ended up winning my bowl game.

Current season, I took the job at LSU (they had a losing season) and I am currently undefeated and in the SEC Championship game.

My only gripe is the simulated rushing. The Heisman voting starts with QB's, then ends up all HB's. Florida's current RB is going to end up just shy of 3,000 yards after the bowl game. That is crazy. I have no idea how to fix that, though. Aside from that, great job!
Old 08-14-2021, 06:04 AM   #255
Rookie

These are by far the best sliders I have used. Good teams play well. Bad teams play bad. I have also noticed that these work amazing with the sim engine, if you just advance through weeks.

I do CPU vs CPU games for 3 of my regular season games and then for the Playoff/Bowl Games. Most of the games I do CPU vs CPU score around 40-50 points, but the scores are always different in every game. I have had 26-0, 23-6, 30-15, 27-26, 18-16, 45-6, etc. I create my own spreads and over/unders on games too, so the fact that the scores differentiate so much is such a thrill to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 04:27 PM   #256
Rookie

It's been a while! But I fixed my red circle of death on the Xbox a few months ago and have been messing around with sliders on and off since then and *may* have stumbled on a "less is more" approach to getting the game to finally play correctly.

As much as I got decent results with the settings that have been on the OP for the past several years, I never liked the fact that tackling was so terrible and it was almost guaranteed that it would take 3 to 4 attempts just to get anyone down. So, I went back to the default settings and realized everything on default, but on All-American, the results weren't too far off where they should be. So I made slight tweaks until I finally landed on these:

Gameplay Options:
Offense: All-American
Defense: All-American
Quarter length: 8 minutes
Speed Threshold: 50

AI (Both CPU and HUM)
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Blocking: 55
WR Catching: 45
RB Ability: 55
Run Blocking: 55
Pass Coverage: 50
Interceptions: 35
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 25
FG Power: 55
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 45
Punt Accuracy: 75
Kickoff Power: 50

I've run a handful of games that have looked great so far, but part of me is expecting to see the same thing I have so many times where stuff gets out of wack at some point. I'll post a few box scores as they come, starting with a great one from the default Gators.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »