Home

Charter04's NCAA Football 14 for the 2014 season Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's NCAA Football 14 for the 2014 season Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #17
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's NCAA Football 14 for the 2014 season Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Also these are not final. I'm still wanting to work on the cpu QB accuracy, CPU pass block and user coverage.

I'll post the coach mode set soon. I didn't like just using the user defense for both sides and cpu offense for both side. Sliders don't do the same thing for both sides.
I like your penalty settings where they are as far as letting the ratings really matter I took cpu pass blk up to a 100 and didnt notice much of a difference higher rated defensive lineman still put good pressure on the qb. I struggle with cpu accuracy to high they throw for 90% to low and they stink although I like the 10 It makes me feel like the defensive sliders for the computer need raised to compensate for more possessions. User coverage is decent but for me im not getting any reaction by the db they never seem to be looking for the ball grant it im not playing with studs.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #18
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I like your penalty settings where they are as far as letting the ratings really matter I took cpu pass blk up to a 100 and didnt notice much of a difference higher rated defensive lineman still put good pressure on the qb. I struggle with cpu accuracy to high they throw for 90% to low and they stink although I like the 10 It makes me feel like the defensive sliders for the computer need raised to compensate for more possessions. User coverage is decent but for me im not getting any reaction by the db they never seem to be looking for the ball grant it im not playing with studs.

Sounds good. That's why I like starting at 0. It gives plenty of room to adjust.

I've been playing games with many different teams to try and get elite to play elite.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #19
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Charter, looking forward to your findings. I gave up trying to get Madden to work right on coach mode...it's frustrating with the human qb not running on his own in Madden. I tried Matt10's sliders yesterday as is the way it is set on the OP. I was UTSA vs Miami and though I lost by 2 td's, I was still able to score fairly easily. I will test whatever you find.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #20
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Sounds good. That's why I like starting at 0. It gives plenty of room to adjust.

I've been playing games with many different teams to try and get elite to play elite.
Ok so im trying something a little different kind of the way you do the ratings sliders. I took the rosters of two teams and rerated every player playing against normal teams first. One team at all 99 and subbing in backups with lower ratings at the particular slider I am trying to nail down. For instance the best wrs in college football have a drop rate of roughly 4% of catchable balls. I set all starters catching at 99 raised slider to 100 no drops downed it to 95 had 2 drops with it there 1 in each half. I am starting to wonder if the slider is a percentage for what happens in game based off the rating of the player. Obviously i would have to test a ton more on it what are your thoughts? Or is doing it that way just a waste of time.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

For starters, I only play Coach Mode. I'm just the opposite on the cam. I love the Coach Mode one.

Concerning scramblers taking off too much. Tinkering with these rosters, I think BCV is more than ball carrier vision when it comes to QBs. I think it effects their overall field vision. I've started giving the really, really good Pocket Passing QBs high BCV. I'm talking in the 90s. I also experimented with RB ability at 100.

I really like the offensive awareness with RBA at 100 but the games were a bit too wide open for my tastes and I could never find the right balance. You are much better at these sliders than me. You can probably find the right balance. As you know, the right balance in this game is akin to finding the Holy Grail.

Another note, like on Madden, I think Coach Mode is far superior on Varsity.

I've been working on year specific teams and have done 96 Florida, 92 Alabama, and 2004 Auburn. I'm about to do something I did a while back with the QBs. I'm going to give them their real life completion percentage as their accuracy rating.

I played a few Coach Mode games with the Community sliders and they are really good in coach mode. The QBs are a tad bit too accurate. Instead of fooling with the Accuracy slider,the completion percentage as Accuracy may fix this.

It's worked before for me. People are just turned off by the lower rating for QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
For starters, I only play Coach Mode. I'm just the opposite on the cam. I love the Coach Mode one.

Concerning scramblers taking off too much. Tinkering with these rosters, I think BCV is more than ball carrier vision when it comes to QBs. I think it effects their overall field vision. I've started giving the really, really good Pocket Passing QBs high BCV. I'm talking in the 90s. I also experimented with RB ability at 100.

I really like the offensive awareness with RBA at 100 but the games were a bit too wide open for my tastes and I could never find the right balance. You are much better at these sliders than me. You can probably find the right balance. As you know, the right balance in this game is akin to finding the Holy Grail.

Another note, like on Madden, I think Coach Mode is far superior on Varsity.

I've been working on year specific teams and have done 96 Florida, 92 Alabama, and 2004 Auburn. I'm about to do something I did a while back with the QBs. I'm going to give them their real life completion percentage as their accuracy rating.

I played a few Coach Mode games with the Community sliders and they are really good in coach mode. The QBs are a tad bit too accurate. Instead of fooling with the Accuracy slider,the completion percentage as Accuracy may fix this.

It's worked before for me. People are just turned off by the lower rating for QBs.

Yea I am adjusting roster to make most QB's balance or pocket. The guys that are scramblers take off way too much. Some times when receivers are wide open.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yea I am adjusting roster to make most QB's balance or pocket. The guys that are scramblers take off way too much. Some times when receivers are wide open.
Edit: nevermind im an idiot...so these are basically hands off on defense and you play fully on offense?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #24
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
Edit: nevermind im an idiot...so these are basically hands off on defense and you play fully on offense?

Yes but, I'm working on a purely coach mode set right now. Both sets will be geared toward a coach mode type game though. The one I'm adjusting now is fully coach mode where you don't user control anyone. I'll post them when I'm done on this threads OP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »