Home

Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:53 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Thanks for putting the work into this. However, I will have to move to harder sliders. I started a cupcake team builder team and played Michigan State in my first game and beat them 21-12. I should have gotten blown out. I am the D-Coordinator so I only call defensive plays.
Just curious if they held you to 21 points which is pretty damn good by the way how come you didn't just modify the CPU offense to be more effective?

It seems like from all the feedback it's apparent the defensive sliders are pretty solid with the BASE SETTINGS posted and I didn't have to INFLATE anything which is good.

So my question is if you guys are seeing a issue with the CPU offense moving the ball why not just modify the CPU offensive settings to get them headed in the right direction to make it more challenging?

With this set everything is basically scaled back on offense right now so it should be really simple to beef up the CPU Offensive attack just by increasing some of their sliders (QBA, RBA or WR Catch).

I will eventually post adjustments to the sliders but I've learned over the years it is best to be patient rather than make constant change with sliders after only a few games.

IMO a wider variety of games should be played before any household changes are made especially with this being Coach Mode.

That is why I haven't updated the FRONT PAGE in over a week.....

Well I didn't mean to rant but wanted to point out it doesn't hurt to make individual adjustments to the BASE SET especially if only the CPU offense needs tweaked at the moment.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-25-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #74
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Wow, that's no good. I am the OC so i don't even know about the defensive sliders. I am sure primetime will get it straight.
I feel as though the super sim aspect is off with the game. My defense, i am the OC, was able to stop Notre Dame, #9 at the time, for the first half but then broke down the second half when momentum changed and my offense couldn't move the ball. NDs defense shut down my run game and forced me to pass which resulted in ints and sacks. I was unable to find rhythm and the box score shows. I lost 37-7 at home, which is good but if i could have done more on offense then it would have been a shoot out at the end. I don't know if sliders effect super sim or not but something is off because Notre Dame should have been running wild on this defense.

FSU #3 in nation was the next game, we lost 31-17. I was able to move the ball more but some key turnovers killed many promising drives and our defense gave up.

Up next, our final game vs Navy #14 in the nation...son of a.

Last edited by thedudescrew; 07-25-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Nope the Sliders have no IMPACT on Super SIM at all....

That is strictly the game engine simulating results on the teams ratings and such.

Also, I think it was mentioned a few pages back the blocking sliders are both set at 50/50 for run and pass and Human Run defense is at 0.

Those are the only changes I've anticipated so far in the last week of testing.....I'm still looking at WR Catch slider at 65 for the CPU

Will post all updates by the end of this week wanted to get in more games before settling down.

Didn't get a chance to check out the screen plays but with the Alumni rosters I'm using it wasn't an issue much but again I set all teams to run heavy so very few passing with those teams at the moment.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-25-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #76
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

In other words, user vs. cpu in dynasty is a wasted effort?

I've never really tried or gotten into coach mode.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #77
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
In other words, user vs. cpu in dynasty is a wasted effort?

I've never really tried or gotten into coach mode.
I like coach mode but it works better when you are the head coach. As an OC the cpu sims the defense and they seem to do better then they should. Even as the DC the cpu simmed offense does well, for the most part, giving you a shot at winning the game.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

(UPDATED 07/26/14)

****Settings Based on the following two edited rosters******
Playmakers Alumni Classic Rosters
Buffeye rosters (cparrish)

Gameplay Strategy: Optional
Big Hits-Conservative
Strip The Ball-Aggressive
No Huddle Offense: Conservative or Normal for All Teams

(My preference is Conservative)

Gameplay Options:
Offense: Varsity
Defense: Varsity
Quarter Length: 9 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 0
HFA: Off

Penalties:
Offsides: 100
False Start: 100
Holding: 100
Facemask: 60
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PR Int: 50
Clipping: 60
Intentional Grounding: 50
Roughing The Passer: 50
Roughing The Kicker: 100

AI OFFENSIVE SETTINGS.................(Both Human & CPU the same unless stated otherwise)
QBA-10.........................................(Human Slider can be set from 0-10/CPU Slider can be set from 10-35)
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 65
RB Ability: 65
Run Blocking: 50

AI DEFENSIVE SETTINGS
Pass Coverage: 35
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 0/35.........................(This Slider can be set from 0-10 for Human Defense)
Tackling: 40

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 0
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 50

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-27-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #79
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Playmaker, here is the one thing that has been bugging me about these sliders. The screen plays in coach mode seem busted. As soon as the QB gets the ball he chucks it out of bounds about 90 percent of the time. Sometimes he will drop back and throw the screen but most times it's thrown it of bounds as soon as he touches the ball. I thought it was the QB but even when i use a different qb it happens. What are your thoughts on this? Can you think of any reason this would happen? Is this a common thing with coach mode?
Thanks
It is tied to the intentional grounding penalty. Raise to 90 and you will see them run screens way more effective. Sounds stupid and totally unrelated I know, but hey it works. Just another one of those screwy EA things that you find out by accident.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is tied to the intentional grounding penalty. Raise to 90 and you will see them run screens way more effective. Sounds stupid and totally unrelated I know, but hey it works. Just another one of those screwy EA things that you find out by accident.
Good information.....

I have Int Grounding set to Default 50 right now....I will test it out at 90 tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »