Home

Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Playmakers NCAA 14 Varsity Level Coach Mode Sliders

FYI, Oregon isn't done but you have it as a completed team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
FYI, Oregon isn't done but you have it as a completed team.
Yeah I keep forgetting they were the last team done on NCAA 11 and the guy who converted the rosters had an earlier version of the file didn't include Oregon.

So I need to go back recreate them for NCAA 14 from scratch...

They were a fun to use in NCAA 11 because I had Dan Fouts as their starting QB throwing to Ahmad Rashad aka Bobby Moore

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #27
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Second game i switched to your new sliders and i couldn't move the ball. I went back to the original 65 rba. Next game went better. I can't stand running the option and not being able to run.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:43 AM   #28
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Second game i switched to your new sliders and i couldn't move the ball. I went back to the original 65 rba. Next game went better. I can't stand running the option and not being able to run.
I did end up losing to Georgia State 31-24 on their last drive if the game with a couple seconds left they threw a bomb and connected. Doh! My second game was 17-7 over Rutgers in a defensive battle.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I did end up losing to Georgia State 31-24 on their last drive if the game with a couple seconds left they threw a bomb and connected. Doh! My second game was 17-7 over Rutgers in a defensive battle.
It's actually a good thing that the games have started to add a little more defense.

It just means for this level the sliders are on the right track....

It will be much easier to tweak now in order to open up the offenses so that it doesn't turn into the NFL....

RBA at 65 is good but I believe I can get the running games to work with the Run Block Slider + Run Defense slider being adjusted on both sides.

The lower i can get the settings the better off I think the game will play eventually.

Even at 35 Run D the CPU still fly's to the ball....i tested it at 0 Run Defense and then i noticed a huge difference in their reaction to the running game.

It actually looked more realistic because players were taking false steps and getting caught out of position if that happened.

Misdirection plays looked really good.....So i will spend time this weekend looking to try and balance out Run Blocking/Run Defense to have more running lanes open up on both sides.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-18-2014, 05:04 AM   #30
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's actually a good thing that the games have started to add a little more defense.

It just means for this level the sliders are on the right track....

It will be much easier to tweak now in order to open up the offenses so that it doesn't turn into the NFL....

RBA at 65 is good but I believe I can get the running games to work with the Run Block Slider + Run Defense slider being adjusted on both sides.

The lower i can get the settings the better off I think the game will play eventually.

Even at 35 Run D the CPU still fly's to the ball....i tested it at 0 Run Defense and then i noticed a huge difference in their reaction to the running game.

It actually looked more realistic because players were taking false steps and getting caught out of position if that happened.

Misdirection plays looked really good.....So i will spend time this weekend looking to try and balance out Run Blocking/Run Defense to have more running lanes open up on both sides.
Sounds good man. Don't get me wrong i know Army is not going to dominate in year one but i want the games interesting right now. I don't want to waste my time getting blown out because my defense is on the field most of the game.

I just had a game against LA Tech that was 30-14 with the mins remaining. My QB figured out how to throw the ball and actually made it interesting. We lost the game 30-27 but we almost made the miracle comeback.

One thing I noticed with the sliders is the qb at times will get the ball and just chuck it to the sidelines without even dropping back...i find that strange. Everything else is fine...granted i still yell at the tv when my running backs or qb runs into the lineman. My favorite was last game my qb tried to run between my lg and the defender he was tied up with. Wtf! This isn't Madden, you can't run through ppl!

Anyways good job on the sliders so far.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #31
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

How do I get it where I don't have to kick fgs, kickoffs, and punts?? Playing first game with these. I'm Michigan hosting Notre Dame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #32
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
How do I get it where I don't have to kick fgs, kickoffs, and punts?? Playing first game with these. I'm Michigan hosting Notre Dame

In the team selection screen right before the came starts you pick coach instead of normal control

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »