Home

Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders

This is a discussion on Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHISENH2016
My thinking was that the sliders are like helpers. Anything above zero would actually be an increase in ability, so the game then would not play based on ratings, but more based on what your sliders are. So, I thought putting them to zero would base everything on player ability and nothing on sliders
So your saying 0 is actually playing to there rating?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
Pro

What level are you playing on?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
There has always been versions of hybrid 0 sliders created in both Madden and NCAA football over the years.

I've never really felt comfortable myself with all sliders at 0 because lots of weird things start to happen with gameplay.

But I agree with the OP that there are some sliders that can hold up pretty good even with a 0 setting...

I haven't personally played the game outside of coach in quite some time but I think in my initial set of sliders for Human vs CPU gameplay I had Pass Block, Run Block, FG Accuarcy and Punt Power all set to 0 with the option of using Human QBA at 0

In years past I would also use RBA in Madden at 0 because really when you think about it your controlling the RB's ability on the field anyway.

So it's very possible that with sound settings on the sliders for a base you can get effective gameplay with 0 based sliders but i think it has to be more of hybrid set as opposed to all 0 sliders.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #12
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
That's what it seems like to me so far. It may not put their play solely on their ratings but it does seem to me that it's very close. I think for most of the sliders when you put them above zero it boosts that ability.

And to answer your other question I have both offense and defense on varsity, because i think that on varsity the game doesn't boost the ability of either team, but keeps them the way they should be.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #13
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There has always been versions of hybrid 0 sliders created in both Madden and NCAA football over the years.

I've never really felt comfortable myself with all sliders at 0 because lots of weird things start to happen with gameplay.

But I agree with the OP that there are some sliders that can hold up pretty good even with a 0 setting...

I haven't personally played the game outside of coach in quite some time but I think in my initial set of sliders for Human vs CPU gameplay I had Pass Block, Run Block, FG Accuarcy and Punt Power all set to 0 with the option of using Human QBA at 0

In years past I would also use RBA in Madden at 0 because really when you think about it your controlling the RB's ability on the field anyway.

So it's very possible that with sound settings on the sliders for a base you can get effective gameplay with 0 based sliders but i think it has to be more of hybrid set as opposed to all 0 sliders.
I have actually seen some really neat animations. The only bad things I have seen as far as gameplay are a lot of dropped passes, and missed FG's which is why I altered those sliders
Old 08-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHISENH2016
That's what it seems like to me so far. It may not put their play solely on their ratings but it does seem to me that it's very close. I think for most of the sliders when you put them above zero it boosts that ability.

And to answer your other question I have both offense and defense on varsity, because i think that on varsity the game doesn't boost the ability of either team, but keeps them the way they should be.
Cool, thanks for sharing. I am still trying to figure this game out after a year. I wish EA would help us out and explain this stuff better.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1969
it would sure be nice if ea would finally explain how the sliders worked and everything they control.
Wouldn't it? I mean I think the slider guys here on OS have gotten it down pretty good, but I don't think penalty sliders should affect gameplay aspects such as QB decision making, and one gameplay slider shouldn't affect a different gameplay slider. It would be much easier if everything was clear-cut and increasing or decreasing a slider did exactly what it's supposed to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Good stuff, I appreciate your feedback. I know you got a good set on varsity. Do you think varsity plays more toward the ratings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »