Home

Impossible to get CPU to throw downfield consistenty

This is a discussion on Impossible to get CPU to throw downfield consistenty within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: Impossible to get CPU to throw downfield consistenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
I initially (thought) I saw a change at 0 threshold too, but as I played more, the overall average yards/completion continued to drop.

Again, it's not so much that I'm not seeing the CPU throw downfield AT ALL, it's more that I'm not seeing them throw downfield at the rate of real college football, to the tune of 12.2 yards/completion. In the game, the average is around 10-11 yards/completion for the better QBs, and around 9-10 for the overall average. That may not sound like a huge difference, but as I illustrated earlier in the thread, it's a pretty significant difference over the course of a season.

If you can, I would recommend keeping track of the CPU's passing stats to see what I'm talking about. If you can get the average around 12, tell me what settings you're using and I'll stop everything I'm doing and use them.
I think (knock on wood) I have it close. Will post in a new thread after testing is finished.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
MVP

zocrates for your testing, try the Threshold at 1 (not 0) and see what it looks like after a few games.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
zocrates for your testing, try the Threshold at 1 (not 0) and see what it looks like after a few games.
Agreed, zero threshold is literally NO threshold, so separation is derived strictly from roster ratings, making the game too tight and games too easy, no matter how you adjust the sliders.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Tried that, too. I actually think I'm seeing the same results on 50 as I did on 1.

Are you getting the 12.2 average for yards/completion, or are you just saying that you are seeing passes downfield?
Old 09-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Tried that, too. I actually think I'm seeing the same results on 50 as I did on 1.

Are you getting the 12.2 average for yards/completion, or are you just saying that you are seeing passes downfield?
Both. I'm getting close to the number you are looking for. What is hurting the stat isn't the downfield throws, its the screen game (so inconsistent with many plays resulting in negative yards).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I initially (thought) I saw a change at 0 threshold too, but as I played more, the overall average yards/completion continued to drop.

Again, it's not so much that I'm not seeing the CPU throw downfield AT ALL, it's more that I'm not seeing them throw downfield at the rate of real college football, to the tune of 12.2 yards/completion. In the game, the average is around 10-11 yards/completion for the better QBs, and around 9-10 for the overall average. That may not sound like a huge difference, but as I illustrated earlier in the thread, it's a pretty significant difference over the course of a season.

If you can, I would recommend keeping track of the CPU's passing stats to see what I'm talking about. If you can get the average around 12, tell me what settings you're using and I'll stop everything I'm doing and use them.
I think as much as anything, the CPU throws too many dink-and-dunk passes which are only completed for 1-5 yards (or even negative yards).
Old 09-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Both. I'm getting close to the number you are looking for. What is hurting the stat isn't the downfield throws, its the screen game (so inconsistent with many plays resulting in negative yards).
What numbers are you getting as far as yards/completion over the course of about 10 games?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
What numbers are you getting as far as yards/completion over the course of about 10 games?
Between 11 and 12. Depends on the teams.

This is CPU vs CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »