Home

What should I have Penalties set at?

This is a discussion on What should I have Penalties set at? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 5
What should I have Penalties set at?

I'm trying to get some fumbles, so I've read that Facemask needs to be low. Currently I have it set at 1 and have gotten 1 fumble per game.

Cannot seem to get a Holding call, no matter what I set it at. The same goes for Defensive Pass Interference.

Setting Roughing the Passer or Clipping at 55 or higher will give me penalties.

I do see a False Start every once in a while. Haven't seen an Offsides or Roughing the Kicker call.

So what are your recommendations for Penalty Sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What should I have Penalties set at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
I'm trying to get some fumbles, so I've read that Facemask needs to be low. Currently I have it set at 1 and have gotten 1 fumble per game.

Cannot seem to get a Holding call, no matter what I set it at. The same goes for Defensive Pass Interference.

Setting Roughing the Passer or Clipping at 55 or higher will give me penalties.

I do see a False Start every once in a while. Haven't seen an Offsides or Roughing the Kicker call.

So what are your recommendations for Penalty Sliders?
It all depends on your slider set. The penalties effect gameplay more than the actual penalty being called. Ive found with whatever slider set I use the os community penalty sliders work best.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Unfortunately with this game there isnt any way to get realistic penalties called. Not sure why EA made the penalty sliders effect gameplay but they did, which is the dumbest thing they have ever done and they have done some pretty stupid things over the years.

I have found no matter where you set OPI/DPI your not going to see any called. In all the games I have played I think Ive seen 1 DPI call.

I have found lowering the team your playing as well as your own RB and Receivers carry down will get you fumbles, but thats such a pain to do.

I have also found playing on Heisman makes the AI do some stupid things like always trying to kick long FG's and rarely going for it. The setting below Heisman seems to be the best to get the AI to make smart decisions. Just got to find the right sliders to makes the AI a challenge is all. Im not even that good, but I have to really adjust sliders to make the game hard, so if Im playing a good team I wont be able to win very often, or in some cases ever. I like a challenge and I like to win as much as anyone but in my Dynasty if Im a 1 star school I should get clobbered by SEC or Big 10 teams, so you really have to work on sliders to make that happen.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-22-2014, 06:46 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 5

I am starting to see some fumbles now. Also getting the occasional false start and twice (in ten or so games) an offsides call. Still no holding or PI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »