Home

Elgato HD vs. HD60 for PS3

This is a discussion on Elgato HD vs. HD60 for PS3 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Elgato HD vs. HD60 for PS3

Recently, recording my dynasty games has intrigued me. I did some surface level research, but I wanted to hear from people who have used an Elgato to record NCAA Football 14.
  • Is there a difference between the HD and HD60? The HD60 captures in 1080p 60 FPS but does this game even run at 60FPS? Not to mention the game defaults to 720p which tells me it isn't comfortable running at that resolution.
  • Since the PS3 has the stupid HDCP yadda yadda would the HD60 even be an option since there is no component output? I ask because I know HDCP strippers are a thing.
  • Is the price worth it? Currently, on Amazon, the HD is $139 and the HD60 is $180. I would need some sort of an HDMI splitter for the second option if doing that is even legal.
Sometimes I wish I had an Xbox 360, especially when it comes to this game. I bet the game plays smoother and you don't have to worry about using a component cable to record. Also suggest any other HD recording alternatives, I just knew that Elgato was the best bang for the buck.

Edit: Darn I posted this in the wrong section. I meant for it to go on the NCAA Football main page, not the Sliders.

Last edited by Godspeed; 10-10-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: wrong section
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »