Home

ncaa 14 heisman sliders

This is a discussion on ncaa 14 heisman sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #57
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ncaa 14 heisman sliders

Well this was hands down the best set I have tried so far. Explosive offenses played like it. Poor defenses were exposed. Teams played to their ratings.

Buffalo (user) @ Michigan St 7-70.
IU (user) @ Hawaii 57-38.
Baylor @ Ole Miss (user) 34-36.

I can only comment on my game (Baylor at Miss) as I haven't spoken to the others yet, although I love the scores and margins of victory. Baylor's feared offensive attack was a treat to watch. Never before have I seen an offense come to life like I did tonight. Baylor passed for 407 while adding 111 on the ground. That 407 includes completions to 11(!) different receivers. A spread offense that actually played like one, imagine that! Even with the high yardage, they only completed 68% so it's not like it was robo qb completing every pass.

Baylor's RB and QB both averaged over 5 on the ground while I rushed for just under 4 ypc. They actually held my offense in check most of the game; I only passed for 253. The difference in the game came in the fourth quarter when they threw a pick six with a 2 point lead. This was an intense game that went back and forth, and I feel the power of my home crowd was what brought home the W. Even though HFA is turned off I still feel there is a small, realistic edge gained playing at home.

This was using the 12/15 set, I have not tried the 12/18 changes yet. I noticed the threshold was changed from 4 to 36. Can you comment on what you saw that led to this change? Thoroughly enjoyed the 12/15 set, may just roll with that one for the time being.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #58
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
Well this was hands down the best set I have tried so far. Explosive offenses played like it. Poor defenses were exposed. Teams played to their ratings.

Buffalo (user) @ Michigan St 7-70.
IU (user) @ Hawaii 57-38.
Baylor @ Ole Miss (user) 34-36.

I can only comment on my game (Baylor at Miss) as I haven't spoken to the others yet, although I love the scores and margins of victory. Baylor's feared offensive attack was a treat to watch. Never before have I seen an offense come to life like I did tonight. Baylor passed for 407 while adding 111 on the ground. That 407 includes completions to 11(!) different receivers. A spread offense that actually played like one, imagine that! Even with the high yardage, they only completed 68% so it's not like it was robo qb completing every pass.

Baylor's RB and QB both averaged over 5 on the ground while I rushed for just under 4 ypc. They actually held my offense in check most of the game; I only passed for 253. The difference in the game came in the fourth quarter when they threw a pick six with a 2 point lead. This was an intense game that went back and forth, and I feel the power of my home crowd was what brought home the W. Even though HFA is turned off I still feel there is a small, realistic edge gained playing at home.

This was using the 12/15 set, I have not tried the 12/18 changes yet. I noticed the threshold was changed from 4 to 36. Can you comment on what you saw that led to this change? Thoroughly enjoyed the 12/15 set, may just roll with that one for the time being.
That is great to hear....as far as threshold in all honesty I dont really know. I felt the slower players were just a little bit too slow. Out of all the testing I have done games are won and lost by superior athletes making plays. I feel 4 was great but the dline was just a bit to slow. I played a game where I was just trying to let big plays happen and really paid attention to the seperation between players. A 88 speed rb just pulled away to fast from a 81 speed safety. I believe in a straight line in the open field it was over 2 yards in a 17 yard span. Realistically it should have been around 2 yards over roughly 40. Idk really I love both of them whatever works for you. I can say with it at 36 its almost like a booster for every attribute things just play out a bit cleaner and line play is improved. I am glad you enjoyed them talk to your guys and see what they think and we can come together to enhance the set. Did you make the coaching adjustments? I am using buffeyes roster which really doesn't matter however the aggression sliders really make a difference. Im in the process of redoing them for personal preference based more off how teams play. For example at 50/50 I haven't been seeing what others have take Alabama and put hc and coordinators aggression to 75/25 and play them. I did this with Auburn and managed less than 325 yards 6 games in a row. They rarely blitzed and played read and react instead of blitzing every other play. I do have to say whatever they are set on in the roster this set should play nicely. Hope to hear more about your games! Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by jp18; 12-18-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #59
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

Now that you mentioned the speed of the d line, it did seem like it was a bit easy for the QB to roll out and escape the pocket. The cpu adjusted pretty well so it wasn't something could really be exploited but I agree with you that the D line and the defense in general seems a step slow. I actually never adjusted the coaching settings. The rosters I started the dynasty with are from an early community roster build. I felt with everything moved to one setting, the games felt too vanilla. I like that aggressive teams play more aggressively and I never felt the cpu blitzing or anything else was too extreme or easily exploitable. In real life teams that blitz too much usually get burned a couple times per game so I was fine with that.

I think I'd rather them bring more pressure and allow a couple big plays per game than just drop back and give me all day to read the defense. There is a fine line but I like the variety that is offered when leaving the coaching settings alone. Perhaps I could be convinced otherwise but it seems to play fine to me. Regarding today's update, you have a larger sample size, and your observations that led to the changes are ones that resonate with me. So with that said, I think I am going to go ahead and update to the latest sliders. Can I ask how many games you have played with this latest build?
Old 12-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #60
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
Now that you mentioned the speed of the d line, it did seem like it was a bit easy for the QB to roll out and escape the pocket. The cpu adjusted pretty well so it wasn't something could really be exploited but I agree with you that the D line and the defense in general seems a step slow. I actually never adjusted the coaching settings. The rosters I started the dynasty with are from an early community roster build. I felt with everything moved to one setting, the games felt too vanilla. I like that aggressive teams play more aggressively and I never felt the cpu blitzing or anything else was too extreme or easily exploitable. In real life teams that blitz too much usually get burned a couple times per game so I was fine with that.

I think I'd rather them bring more pressure and allow a couple big plays per game than just drop back and give me all day to read the defense. There is a fine line but I like the variety that is offered when leaving the coaching settings alone. Perhaps I could be convinced otherwise but it seems to play fine to me. Regarding today's update, you have a larger sample size, and your observations that led to the changes are ones that resonate with me. So with that said, I think I am going to go ahead and update to the latest sliders. Can I ask how many games you have played with this latest build?
O about 9 I should have probably just made a regular post with changes for gamers that wanted to try it. I agree with your assessment of threshold that is precisely my feeling. Just a tweak to tighten it up. I would say with the coaching sliders if you are having fun roll with it. My formula for testing is to play a game with weak vs average, weak vs good, weak vs very good, weak vs elite and vice versa. I will also play several games with the same matchup to make sure im not missing something. If I do tweak something I always exit out and start the game over. I feel the tweaks in game just dont read, I very well could be wrong but I always like to make sure. I would have to look at the games I played but I remember off the top of my head being Auburn against Alabama 3 times I lost 40-7 in one, momentum in this one was huge once I lost it Bama never let me even sniff the endzone. The second game I won 34-31 on a last second fg. The third one I lost 38-31 momentum was big in all 3 games. I also played as Ohio st first against Michigan. It was 21-21 at half I was osu. I brought a blitz early 3rd quarter and hit Gardner as he threw Bell ended up with a pick 6 and momentum took over ended up winning 44-21. I then played Minnesota in the big 10 championship won 24-17 in a brutal defensive game. I will post more stats on them tomorrow to give you more of an idea.....forgot about Virginia (user) at Miami 21-34 this was another good game.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #61
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

Any chance you saved the previous version? Maybe it is just our sample size but the cpu offense was smothered by these changes.

Buffalo (user) @ WVU 43-3
Ariz St @ IU (user) 14-52
Ole Miss (user) @ Florida St 15-6

I don't know if it was the penalty sliders or what because there was wasn't much change with the gameplay sliders. FSU (99/99/99) did not make it into the red zone all game. Buffalo also held West Virginia without a touchdown. Arizona State was only able to put up 14 against a bad IU defense. My impression is that it wasn't better plays by the user but rather poor decision making by the cpu ai. Cpu QB's didn't seem decisive enough and often waited for the pressure to arrive before making a move. I'd like to go back to the 4 threshold set and make it final. Google's cache updated about 6 hours after your last edit so hopefully you or another member still has the 4 threshold set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #62
Pro

Discard this

Last edited by rbartlett81; 12-21-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #63
Pro

Discard this

Last edited by rbartlett81; 12-21-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #64
Pro

***important***

We have tried numerous thresholds numerous penalty settings it has nothing to do with the sliders it has all to do with the coaching sliders its almost done I'll keep you posted we have ract our brains for a very good reason here so please be patient it'll be ready
The sliders are perfect the coaching sliders are not. They are pretty much the deciding factor between any game the reason why you are getting no offense from the computer it's because of the coaching sliders trust me we have both tested this to be true finished product will be done in a couple days

Last edited by rbartlett81; 12-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »