Home

Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

This is a discussion on Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2015, 05:06 AM   #73
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

Quote:
Originally Posted by novian.cobb
I just finished the tail end of my season with these sliders. So far every thing looks good and most of the games have been pretty difficult. I was 2-2(11-3 overall) since I put the sliders in.
the only thing that I seem to notice is a lack of penalties. in every one of those games I usually did not see a single penalty a few games there was one or two but that is about it.
I am a little timid about tweaking something for fear it would throw off the feel of the set.

I was wondering has anyone else noticed this?
Glad you're enjoying them *thumbs up* I really love this set. The game finally feels as real and unpredictable as possible ....as for the penalties, that's always been a problem the last few years. The penalty sliders wont remedy that because they dictate gameplay for the most part. Tweaking the penalty sliders at all will greatly effect how gameplay is now.

I'm finally resuming my season. Too much work lately! lol For the rest of my season, I'll be keeping an eye on if 12 min quarters is going to work out. With 11 min I was getting 125-135 plays. The lone 12 min qtr game I played was against #6 BYU (I lost 35-32 in the last minute!)...totaled 157 plays which seems about right, but i'll have to see how it compares with the other teams simmed stats, otherwise I'll end up having the worst ranked D and best ranked O. We'll keep you posted on this

Last edited by BlackRain37; 11-22-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

how do you view total plays for the game?

do you just add total pass with total runs or is their a particular stat that is shown.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #75
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
how do you view total plays for the game?

do you just add total pass with total runs or is their a particular stat that is shown.
Yea, on the team stats after the game, total rush attempts and pass attempts

That BYU game, they were a fast tempo team...157 plays between them and me. Then I played Air Force, normal tempo, 137 plays. Sim stats are showing the rest of the games being between 127-140 plays. Gonna keep testing 12 min see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 05:09 AM   #76
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

So 12 min quarters won't work. I'm constantly getting 140+ plays a game, while sim stats are all between 127-139. 11 min quarters will now be set.

I think from this point on the settings on the Main Page are Finalized.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #77
Rookie

hey quick question.

In my dynasty I have made edits to the players injury ratings to get more realistic injury numbers when playing. I was wondering if I simulate the games will my teams have a crazy number of injuries due to the injury rating edits? Or does the sim engine use something else to gauge injury frequency?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #78
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
hey quick question.

In my dynasty I have made edits to the players injury ratings to get more realistic injury numbers when playing. I was wondering if I simulate the games will my teams have a crazy number of injuries due to the injury rating edits? Or does the sim engine use something else to gauge injury frequency?
Not too sure. I know at one time I was messing with my players injury ratings and it effected the players in game ability as a whole it seemed. Running Backs would be sluggish, especially, so I aborted the idea.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 13

Been using these for a few games in my Eastern Michigan dynasty and so far so good (although I am 4-0 right now and that seems a little eh). Rushing seemed a bit easy for both sides though, so I raised Rush D to 15 for both teams. I'll see how it works out. Also cut quarters down to 10, as I was getting around 160 plays a game even using conservative tempo teams.

Also, has there ever been any difference in using pure coach mode vs auto pass? I'd prefer to use auto-pass if I could, but there's never really been a clear answer I've seen.

Quote:
hey quick question.

I've been using these edits and so far haven't had any problems. Feels nice to have injuries and actually have to manage your depth well, lol.

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
OL: (-70)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)

Last edited by Von Dozier; 12-03-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #80
Rookie

I've been using these edits and so far haven't had any problems. Feels nice to have injuries and actually have to manage your depth well, lol.

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
OL: (-70)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)[/quote]

Yeah I use these same edits, and I have been getting wrecked at corner injury wise. Currently 2 corners are out for the season 1DE and 1LB. It definitely is a nice change of pace, franticly mixing and matching a bunch of underclassmen to try and seal as many holes as possible. Frustrating but refreshing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »