Home

Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

This is a discussion on Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 AM   #385
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I do a combination of both, I guess. I use Ask Coach and one of the three plays 9/10 times fits what I would like to do if I were calling it myself entirely.

Awesome dropping of knowledge on the CPU's automatic selection of the square play. I wish I had known this years ago. I would've called my offense that way, when not selecting one of the three. I've said before, that's one of the parts of the game that I miss the most - Ask Coach highlighting a single play. I would've just assumed the same logic on offense, had I ever noticed that about defense.

The reason I bring it up, is because for the past few games I’ve been “blindly” calling my own defense. I don’t use Ask Coach, I’ve been selecting based on down distance and what personnel the cpu is lining up with. And I’m noticing that the CPU is really taking advantage of it in the run game in particular.

I’m starting to sense that using Ask Coach indeed hampers the CPU’s ability to play a good well balanced offense because we are essentially selecting the most combative play to counter the CPU’s offensive play by using the Ask Coach option. Even if I don’t pick that play in particular, if I know the Square button is a zone D, I’ll instinctively pick a zone D to my liking because I know it will have better success than a Man D selection.

Sorry for being long winded. But yeah, basically my theory is no more Ask Coach. Never look at it and see how well your defense holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #386
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0

RE: ask Coach v pick your own play on D

I’ve done both and can’t really notice a difference on Defence.

On Offence, if you are picking your own plays, you can use money plays on critical situations, so that’s why I like the 1 of 3 options. If there is a critical play with the game on the line, I will pick my own. This is a “game management” decision and not a “play-calling” decision.

The issue I have in Ask Coach is when the opposition goes Hurry Up where I pick any D. The problem is if you are going against an option team, blitzing them will usually shut it down.

How do you guys handle an opposing team going no huddle in Coach mode?

Last edited by Trojan32; 01-24-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #387
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
RE: ask Coach v pick your own play on D

I’ve done both and can’t really notice a difference on Defence.

On Offence, if you are picking your own plays, you can use money plays on critical situations, so that’s why I like the 1 of 3 options. If there is a critical play with the game on the line, I will pick my own. This is a “game management” decision and not a “play-calling” decision.

The issue I have in Ask Coach is when the opposition goes Hurry Up where I pick any D. The problem is if you are going against an option team, blitzing them will usually shut it down.

How do you guys handle an opposing team going no huddle in Coach mode?

I’ve edited all coaches so there is no hurry up-tempo offense in my dynasty because I personally don’t like the way the game plays like that. And I won’t run hurry up because the cpu gets stuck calling the same defensive play which makes it easy to burn them once you realize what they’re calling.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #388
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
I’ve edited all coaches so there is no hurry up-tempo offense in my dynasty because I personally don’t like the way the game plays like that. And I won’t run hurry up because the cpu gets stuck calling the same defensive play which makes it easy to burn them once you realize what they’re calling.

Do you set the no-huddle to Normal or Conservative?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #389
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
Do you set the no-huddle to Normal or Conservative?

Conservative.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #390
MVP

OVR: 13

Regarding defensive playcalling, I usually do it by a matchup that makes the most sense. IE if I see 3 recievers and a TE, I'll usually call a zone, or if just 2 WRs, usually a man with emphasis on the run. But it's usually one of the plays from the first box of Ask Coach.

One thing I've wondered though, is if your defensive call actually influences the offense. I once made a pure 3-4 Cover 3 playbook with nothing but Cover 3 zone plays, and when I played that way, 8 out of 10 times, the CPU QB would audible or hot route at the line and ALWAYS pass. Like, games would come out with only about 10 or so rush attempts and 40+ pass attempts, regardless of game situation, and these would come against teams whose coaches were set to run 60% of the time
Old 02-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #391
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

I'm hell bent on getting an AA set to work. Still working on it. I know I'm repeating myself, but I've tried countless times to get default or very near default to work, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Am now just working on a set of any kind to get AA to work realistically. If and when I come up something, I'll post it. If anyone else wants to join in on this, please do and share your thoughts. Though, I'm not interested in a Fatigue OFF set. But, to each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #392
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Regarding defensive playcalling, I usually do it by a matchup that makes the most sense. IE if I see 3 recievers and a TE, I'll usually call a zone, or if just 2 WRs, usually a man with emphasis on the run. But it's usually one of the plays from the first box of Ask Coach.

One thing I've wondered though, is if your defensive call actually influences the offense. I once made a pure 3-4 Cover 3 playbook with nothing but Cover 3 zone plays, and when I played that way, 8 out of 10 times, the CPU QB would audible or hot route at the line and ALWAYS pass. Like, games would come out with only about 10 or so rush attempts and 40+ pass attempts, regardless of game situation, and these would come against teams whose coaches were set to run 60% of the time

Damn that’s interesting about the cover 3 test you did will look into it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »