Home

Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

This is a discussion on Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:41 PM   #433
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

Just updating that I still intend on releasing a new AA slider set. Since my last post, I’ve had a few “mini break throughs” that have the game playing really well, actually. I’m pretty excited about it. I’m 3 games into a new dynasty with this set, and I’m 0-3 with San Jose State. and all the losses have felt really legit. Not slider induced, and the animations are looking really smooth. I’m off work the next two days, so I’ll be powering through some games to get a sample size.

L at South Carolina 38-26 (down 21-20 at the half)
L at Arizona 26-23 in OT ( I was leading 17-6 at halftime)
L vs Tulsa 52-10 (down 31-0 at the half)
..next I travel to #6 Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by BlackRain37; 02-28-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 0

How’d your testing over the weekend go?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #435
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenBBnguyen
How’d your testing over the weekend go?

Well, unfortunately, not as well as I had hoped. Still too many sacks for my liking and and the CPU run game needs a boost. Made a few edits that I'm trying tonight to help get those results. It's really hard to get this game to yield realistic results with subpar teams. I'll try this last round of testing, and if doesn't work out, then I'll just post what I have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #436
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
Well, unfortunately, not as well as I had hoped. Still too many sacks for my liking and and the CPU run game needs a boost. Made a few edits that I'm trying tonight to help get those results. It's really hard to get this game to yield realistic results with subpar teams. I'll try this last round of testing, and if doesn't work out, then I'll just post what I have.
Man I really wish I wouldve known that you were doing this because Ive been looking for people to help me test sliders, especially on All American, but Im glad that someone else out there has been working on them. I figured there would have to be some combination out there that worked, like setting the main menu at Heisman and dynasty at AA, or some other variation, but Im starting to lose hope because I havent found a good fit. I tried following JoshC's slider recommendations by leaving everything at default on AA, which made the gameplay feel great, although it was way too easy. The biggest problem for me on AA is getting the CPU offense to be aggresive, mostly the QB. I just cant seem to get into Heisman because it doesnt feel like college to me, especially since there arent enough big plays for me when set to that difficulty.

At first I tried changing just the Human/CPU settings and leaving the penalty sliders at default but wasnt getting the results I was looking for so I decided to adjust the penalty sliders which has seemed to help. Its just a shame that underneath this fun/awesome game that we can do so much with now with the editor, is a world of mess since the penalty sliders dont actually correlate to what they mean. I played some of the older versions and turned up the holding slider, and what do you know? They actually started calling more holding penalties!! Anyway, if youd like to collaborate sometime and try to find some good sliders, let me know!

Last edited by VTHokie525; 03-09-2019 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:04 AM   #437
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Man I really wish I wouldve known that you were doing this because Ive been looking for people to help me test sliders, especially on All American, but Im glad that someone else out there has been working on them. I figured there would have to be some combination out there that worked, like setting the main menu at Heisman and dynasty at AA, or some other variation, but Im starting to lose hope because I havent found a good fit. I tried following JoshC's slider recommendations by leaving everything at default on AA, which made the gameplay feel great, although it was way too easy. The biggest problem for me on AA is getting the CPU offense to be aggresive, mostly the QB. I just cant seem to get into Heisman because it doesnt feel like college to me, especially since there arent enough big plays for me when set to that difficulty.

At first I tried changing just the Human/CPU settings and leaving the penalty sliders at default but wasnt getting the results I was looking for so I decided to adjust the penalty sliders which has seemed to help. Its just a shame that underneath this fun/awesome game that we can do so much with now with the editor, is a world of mess since the penalty sliders dont actually correlate to what they mean. I played some of the older versions and turned up the holding slider, and what do you know? They actually started calling more holding penalties!! Anyway, if youd like to collaborate sometime and try to find some good sliders, let me know!

I feel ya. I've been at this for years, now. Way too much to type out as far as my frustrations and points of view. Here's the jist of a couple things...

- I want to start out as an OC at a weak school and work my way up to eventually be a HC at a blue blood program. The sliders I've developed over time seem like they'll work great when playing as an elite program against other elite programs or close to it. But, when starting out as a 1 star program, I shouldn't be top ten in the country in rushing, rush D, and sacks. No way, no how. And I don't want to manipulate the sliders to the point where I'm playing against sliders and not against ratings.

- I wish I could lower Pass Acc to 5, but then it turns into sack city as the QB will scramble right into the D-Line and the Right Tackle will just let the LDE swim right by. So you have to keep it at 50....but of course then you have crap rated QBs completing 68% of their passes. Granted, with the correct sliders, you can keep their passing yards low if you set the sliders so the defense isn't so aggressive on the back end, so even when they have high comp %'s, it won't be from countless huge plays. So, that's something to work with. However, that all being said, I'm toying with some things on the penalty sliders to help with pass protection. So there's still a slim chance that Pass Acc 5 isn't dead just yet.

- I try my best to keep every slider as close to default as possible, as the game truly does play smoother. I only deviate +/- 5 or 10 when possible. The only slider I lower a lot is Int (30). Tackling I keep bouncing between either a setting of 25 or 50, cant decide yet. But that correlates strongly with KRI and RTK on where I set those (sometimes 30/40 for tighter defense play....or 45/55 to open things up). This is truly a puzzle.

- One philosophy i've adopted is "resetting" the fatigue at halftime. It really helps keep the CPU offense (and defense for that matter) aggressive all game long. Instead of the CPU scoring 3 points or so in the 2nd half, they actually battle. And you still get substitutions. I won't go the Fatigue OFF method. Not realistic.

- I won't relegate going back to Heisman on either menu. It warps the gameplay too much. I've tried it countless times, but in the end, AA, if you can get it to work, is the only way to go.

Last edited by BlackRain37; 03-09-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #438
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37

I shouldn't be top ten in the country in rushing, rush D, and sacks. No way, no how. And I don't want to manipulate the sliders to the point where I'm playing against sliders and not against ratings.

I won't go the Fatigue OFF method. Not realistic.
Well, there's your problem lol. You're always going to have dominant defenses with fatigue on, there's simply no way around that. It's been proven time and time again that fatigue just wrecks this game, even with the on/off halftime reset. So, it's either you choose functional gameplay, or broken gameplay so you can have a few random players sub in here and there for 2 or 3 plays a game.

Wish you luck in finishing this set, but if it's fatigue ON only, I'll probably just try and make my own at this point.

Really makes you wonder how different this game could have been if they had an actual fatigue slider instead of just flat on/off.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 03-09-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #439
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Hmmm, can’t say I agree completely. Whenever I reset fatigue at halftime, I’ve had a variety of games where I give up 35 points in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-11-2019, 11:30 PM   #440
Pro

Yeah, I know how the sliders can get very frustrating regarding the amount of sacks on the CPU QB. Ill have to test some games with the fatigue on/off or resetting at halftime. After thinking about what you said in the first part of your post about beating good teams with lower tier teams...do you think someone could possibly use different AA slider sets depending on the caliber of team they're using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »