Home

Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

This is a discussion on Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-18-2020, 11:39 PM   #465
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscorp
The main issue I have with these in the sheer number of sacks and TFLs. Itís ridiculous how many my 90+ O-line gives up every game.

Yes, the posted set is much out of date by now. I've been testing new settings non stop (cuz I have LOTS of time lately), but still have nothing worthy of posting. I even tried the Fatigue Off method, and while it offers a challenge, you still need major slider tweaking to make it reasonable. So, for now and unfortunately, nothing new to report. All I can say, is that if there is a new set, it will be All-American based, and QB ACC at 50. Those are two settings I won't budge from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 03:39 AM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wanted to say going off your last post about your next set being on All-American I tested your current one on All-American and while I've only played a half it's the best I've used! I'm Oklahoma State (a team I beat with a 68 overall teambuilder on near default sliders by 10 the week prior) against UTSA. I have a good 9-10 point overall advantage and it shows. I jumped out to a 14-0 lead but to my surprise, their QB killed me on the ground and they scored and picked me off on my next drive in the end zone. I thought momentum was swinging but then BOOM a pick-6 where the DB jumped the route followed by a forced fumble on a scramble that led to a TD pass. The best part is even though I've been able to go deep a lot my WR's have about a 6-8 point advantage over their Corners so it makes sense. 49-7 but felt really realistic.

Just my 2 cents and kudos for the set. Also turning off auto-strafe is a big plus for angles and tackle animations
Old 09-24-2020, 11:23 PM   #467
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG42
Just wanted to say going off your last post about your next set being on All-American I tested your current one on All-American and while I've only played a half it's the best I've used! I'm Oklahoma State (a team I beat with a 68 overall teambuilder on near default sliders by 10 the week prior) against UTSA. I have a good 9-10 point overall advantage and it shows. I jumped out to a 14-0 lead but to my surprise, their QB killed me on the ground and they scored and picked me off on my next drive in the end zone. I thought momentum was swinging but then BOOM a pick-6 where the DB jumped the route followed by a forced fumble on a scramble that led to a TD pass. The best part is even though I've been able to go deep a lot my WR's have about a 6-8 point advantage over their Corners so it makes sense. 49-7 but felt really realistic.

Just my 2 cents and kudos for the set. Also turning off auto-strafe is a big plus for angles and tackle animations

Appreciate that you enjoyed the set. I've taken the last 6 months off from NCAA which is the longest Ive ever been away from the game. Before that I think it was a week lol .....Recently started playing again and I've been going with JoshC's theory on everything at 50 and coach progression at Normal. Hopefully I'll wrap up season 1 soon....currently sitting at 4-2 with my San Jose State team. So far, I'm liking the outcomes. But as usual, I can't give a full review until I'm multiple seasons in.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #468
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
Appreciate that you enjoyed the set. I've taken the last 6 months off from NCAA which is the longest Ive ever been away from the game. Before that I think it was a week lol .....Recently started playing again and I've been going with JoshC's theory on everything at 50 and coach progression at Normal. Hopefully I'll wrap up season 1 soon....currently sitting at 4-2 with my San Jose State team. So far, I'm liking the outcomes. But as usual, I can't give a full review until I'm multiple seasons in.
Just seeing this. I have been rocking with JoshCís all-American default with auto-strafe off for a couple of seasons and really enjoyed it. Itís not perfect but it plays honest and Iíve experienced very little cheese with it
Old 10-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #469
Rookie

Looking for a little advice on these sliders. I'm really struggling on finding a passing game and I'm not sure if it's the game, or me as a coach, or just expecting too much from my players. However, I'm playing as FIU and I can't complete more than 40% of my passes. My QB is a 94 OVR with 95 AWR 87 THP and 90 THA. My top 2 receivers have route running of 90 and 83 respectively while being a 91 and 87 OVR. However, this QB is just missing people TERRIBLY and making really bad throw aways. It's not like my opponents are anything to right home about either (we only scored 13 against an FCS school). Am I expecting too much or if this is user error, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #470
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfan
Looking for a little advice on these sliders. I'm really struggling on finding a passing game and I'm not sure if it's the game, or me as a coach, or just expecting too much from my players. However, I'm playing as FIU and I can't complete more than 40% of my passes. My QB is a 94 OVR with 95 AWR 87 THP and 90 THA. My top 2 receivers have route running of 90 and 83 respectively while being a 91 and 87 OVR. However, this QB is just missing people TERRIBLY and making really bad throw aways. It's not like my opponents are anything to right home about either (we only scored 13 against an FCS school). Am I expecting too much or if this is user error, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
On Heisman with QBA at 5 you have to treat your QB like a baby for about the first quarter, either as a human or in coach mode. This means run them a bit with read options, throw some screen passes, maybe a couple of shallow crosses. Don't go straight into the offense you actually want to run. Your goal is to get their momentum meter to yellow. Then you can start working in your normal passing game.

Once you get to the late 2nd quarter or second half, you can usually do whatever you want regardless of the color of their momentum meter.

Alternatively, you can bump QBA up to 10, but be aware that it will probably get way too easy pretty quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »