Home

Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

This is a discussion on Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #9
Rookie

DarkOzzy1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

About to try these out
Old 02-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0

I played 3 games last night with these sliders:

On Varsity:
Kentucky (me) @ Ohio State
After I was winning 21-3 after the 1st quarter I quit.

On All-American:
I ended up winning 24-17 on a last ditch Hail Mary. It was a fun game. However, Ohio State failed to score on offense except for a busted play in which JT Barrett did the read option for 95 yards. Other than that, my defense dominated the game. The other TD was a 99 yard pick six on a bad decision by me.

Ohio State @ Tennessee (me)
I won 30-7. The game was close at halftime, 13-0. Ohio State came out in the 2nd half and made it interesting for about 2 minutes when they closed the gap 13-7. I went on to score 2 TDs on the next 3 drives to blow the game open 30-7. I also took a knee on the OSU 10 yard line to end the game.

My thoughts:
The game plays well, however, it's just too easy for me. There are some good animations that I haven't seen in a while, but unless I make a lot of mistakes, the game's outcome is never in question.
Using the original sliders posted on this thread, Varsity is too easy. I shut down E. Elliott to 14 carries for 20 yards on varsity. However, on All-American, Elliott looked like an All-American. He had approx. 17 carries for 130ish yards before leaving the game with an injury at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

How to fix the sliders:
I'm not sure exactly but the HUM running ability needs to be toned down a little somehow. I don't mean putting the RB Ability any lower. I think it's stupid that the RB Ability slider for HUM only makes the RB start off slower. That's so stupid. It ruins the fun if you recruit a speed back. (I raised the RBA to 35 on my last game cause I was sick of that setting). Somehow, someway, if we can boost the CPU offense as well, this can be a fantastic slider. I'm thinking I may put the HUM D on Heisman and see what that does (but I imagine it'll lead to getting carved up by DB glitch esp with sliders so low on pass coverage). I believe the reason I was able to out score OSU so easily was due to the fact that they never really challenged me on defense. They would get decent yardage, about 275-325 per game, but no points.

All things considered, pretty decent set. I think with some tweaking, I'll be rolling with this next fall for my 2015/2016 dynasty.

SIDE NOTE: I have no idea if this has to do with the sliders or not, but Ohio State in the 1st half of the UT game, would not attempt a FG to save their lives. I was only leading 6-0 in the 2nd quarter and they elected to not kick a FG either time they were in range. One time, it was 4th & 6 from the 22! They were only down 2 FG's and didn't attempt either. I felt once was justified at 4th & 1 from the 34. But on the other situation?! Really?!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10

On Varsity:

On All-American:
I ended up winning 24-17 on a last ditch Hail Mary. It was a fun game. However, Ohio State failed to score on offense except for a busted play in which JT Barrett did the read option for 95 yards. Other than that, my defense dominated the game. The other TD was a 99 yard pick six on a bad decision by me.

I won 30-7. The game was close at halftime, 13-0. Ohio State came out in the 2nd half and made it interesting for about 2 minutes when they closed the gap 13-7. I went on to score 2 TDs on the next 3 drives to blow the game open 30-7. I also took a knee on the OSU 10 yard line to end the game.

My thoughts:
The game plays well, however, it's just too easy for me. There are some good animations that I haven't seen in a while, but unless I make a lot of mistakes, the game's outcome is never in question.
Using the original sliders posted on this thread, Varsity is too easy. I shut down E. Elliott to 14 carries for 20 yards on varsity. However, on All-American, Elliott looked like an All-American. He had approx. 17 carries for 130ish yards before leaving the game with an injury at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

How to fix the sliders:
I'm not sure exactly but the HUM running ability needs to be toned down a little somehow. I don't mean putting the RB Ability any lower. I think it's stupid that the RB Ability slider for HUM only makes the RB start off slower. That's so stupid. It ruins the fun if you recruit a speed back. (I raised the RBA to 35 on my last game cause I was sick of that setting). Somehow, someway, if we can boost the CPU offense as well, this can be a fantastic slider. I'm thinking I may put the HUM D on Heisman and see what that does (but I imagine it'll lead to getting carved up by DB glitch esp with sliders so low on pass coverage). I believe the reason I was able to out score OSU so easily was due to the fact that they never really challenged me on defense. They would get decent yardage, about 275-325 per game, but no points.

All things considered, pretty decent set. I think with some tweaking, I'll be rolling with this next fall for my 2015/2016 dynasty.

SIDE NOTE: I have no idea if this has to do with the sliders or not, but Ohio State in the 1st half of the UT game, would not attempt a FG to save their lives. I was only leading 6-0 in the 2nd quarter and they elected to not kick a FG either time they were in range. One time, it was 4th & 6 from the 22! They were only down 2 FG's and didn't attempt either. I felt once was justified at 4th & 1 from the 34. But on the other situation?! Really?!

Real quick did you use the updated ones? If so then That's kinda the way I was leaning on these sliders more of a mistake free type game approach which I get is a little unrealistic because in honesty (and especially in college football) no one plays mistake free ball but to be fair sometimes it is like that (ex. Seahawks Super Bowl fudge up) but I do see what your talking about where the offense lacks I guess diversity is the word and I think that's because it's on varsity but what I realized is on varsity the QB makes riskier decisions and force some throws a little more but to kind of compensate for that lack of unique play I basically recreated all of those generic offensive playbooks the game put in (spread,pro run,etc..) and got rid of those bland plays put some more refined plays and created a few more universal playbooks (spread read option type and a Air Raid type) and assign different playbooks according to how I think the teams offenses run. But what you said about the CPU going for it instead of taking the FG is because it was set on varsity. The CPU tends to go for it more on 4th downs (ex being more risky on varsity) which is why I think the CPU QB play more risky and try to fit things more because of the difficulty set on varsity it makes the cup more aggressive I think but I can see where it's bothersome when the guy who rushed for 250 yards in the national championship is shut down to under a 100 every other game when he should be constantly getting a 100+ but that is because of the skill level being on varsity but I have been messing with the RB ability and and the false start, offsides, and holding sliders to test some things but I'm afraid it's gonna throw some other things off. Such a lengthy and hair pulling processes but a very rewarding one. But thanks for the feedback and please keep it comin and if you find anything interesting please let me know!!

Last edited by Flocka412burr; 02-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10

On Varsity:

On All-American:

My thoughts:

How to fix the sliders:

One more thing were these games played in dynasty mode or play now?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #13
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Play Now mode with my own semi-updated 14/15-15/16 rosters

The CPU went for it more on All-American than Varsity, FYI
Old 02-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #14
Rookie

Ohh ok I'll try out AA but this slider set was designed more for dynasty mode which I probably should have put in beginning so I apologize for that but another question I have is did you use the updated sliders?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

I tried the updated sliders last night on All-American.

Florida vs Tennessee (me)
I won 20-7. However, I felt the game played pretty good. It was a close game at half time as UF missed a FG keeping it 10-0 at half. I pushed it to 13-0 before Florida scored making it 13-7 to start the 4th. I managed to go on a long, clock-chewing drive that put the score 20-7 with about 2 minutes to go. Florida finally decided to kick it into high gear and ran a no huddle offense. They got to the red zone before I intercepted them to ice the game.

Stats (these are going off memory but should be close):
UF:
Pass: 15/21 165YDS 1TD 1INT
Rush:
QB - 10RU 45YDS
HB - 18RU 95YDS

UT:
Pass: 11/20 101YDS 1TD
Rush:
QB - 10RU 50YDS
HB - 20RU 165YDS 1TD

Player of the Game: Soph. Todd Kelly Jr. (SS#6)
5 Tack, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Sack, 1 INT

Side Notes:
My RB's stats are a bit deceiving. At half he was averaging about 3.5 YPC and only had like 30-35 yards. Going into the 4th quarter, he still only had like 60 yards. He exploded in the 4th quarter. He had a long run of 65 yards which really broke the game open. The reason I ran so much with my QB was because my starter got knocked out the game just after half time. My backup was a freshman scrambler with accuracy issues. I ran basically a read option, run heavy offense in the 2nd half because of this.

Once again, the CPU WILL NOT KICK FG's in obvious situations! Early in the 2nd quarter, I was leading 3-0. Florida had the ball on the 25 yard line facing a 4th & 3. That's a long conversion to attempt when you're down just 3. Anyways, the RB got 2 yards before I stuffed him, equaling a turnover on downs. The next time down, Florida finally kicked a FG (about 50 yards) but missed to end the half. It's just weird. Had they attempted & connected on both, it's a 13-13 game going into the 4th quarter.

Pretty good game. My only complaint was the HUM tackling compared to the CPU and of course the HUM RBA. I left mine at 35. I think that's my minimum. I hate how the only thing that slider does is affect your HB's accel off the start.

Anyways, I felt like it was another fun game. The slider set isn't perfect, but it is getting closer. I didn't really notice it, but I would think with OPI & DPI being so high on the slider scale, WRs & DBs wouldn't fight for the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #16
Rookie

DarkOzzy1's Arena

OVR: 3

Is that passing percentage on par with real games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »