Home

Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread!

This is a discussion on Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #177
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not another NCAA 14 Slider Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
My man has officially joined the dark side I love it.
Lol I had to! I was clinging to fatigue with the reset I used to do, but after a while the challenge of that wore off, and subbing wasn't great anyway. Only positions you really NEED autosubs for are HB and Dline. I do a bunch of formation subs to rotate my own guys, and if the CPU has 2 good backs I'll just do a few subs so they split carries a bit.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #178
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
It still amazes me how much better the game is just on default Heisman. It is nice to not see halfback screen passes ever 3rd down. Had a game yesterday where the CPU had a elite QB-wideout combo and I could not stop them, never had that with fatigue on using other slider sets.
I haven't played on default at all, but I've also noticed that screens aren't called much. The only time they really were was when I played an inferior South Alabama team, but they were throwing them left and right cause they couldn't throw downfield and had a bad line. So makes perfect sense.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #179
MVP

young22's Arena

Wrong thread.

Last edited by young22; 07-29-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always had my fatigue turned off as it always seemed they subbed in and out too much and the stars were not playing as much as they would in real life with it turned on. Altho i think i started turning it off back in NCAA 98. It's something people wouldn't think about either way as I never noticed the problem of the CPU falling apart in the second half. It's amazing that a setting u would think has little impact changes the game completely.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:40 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 9

I am a convert to fatigue off. There is no single more effective way to make the CPU competitive and smarter than to just turn fatigue off.

CPU abandoning the run? Fixed
CPU throwing 10 HB screens per game? Fixed
Entire Human defense with pulsing red momentum indicators? Fixed
Falling behind 21-0 in the 1st quarter and winning 38-24? Fixed

In order to get invested into a team/dynasty, I have to really call my own plays and think hard about my playbook and matchups. Once you get even halfway decent at this, even Heisman sliders just become too easy. And I can't quite bring myself to just make Heisman sliders crazy hard; there are certain things like superhuman pass rush, sluggish HBs, 1st quarter bad QB plays that I just can't accept.

So I simply tried turning Fatigue off to get a challenge. After doing so about 1/3rd of the 10 games I've played were instant classics. I'm something like 7-3 where all three losses I was run out of the building by talented AI offenses. There are some compromises you just have to live with; the CPU QB can feel pretty robo-QB. I'm having to re-learn my defensive play-calling and recruiting strategies to avoid deficiencies. User controlled DL players get almost no push or block shedding in the pass rush anymore (although good pass rushers that are CPU controlled will be fine). And yeah, I'm probably not winning any championships with a 87 overall team.

But with fatigue off (using Von Dozier's sliders recently posted in the OS Community Sliders thread) I feel like winning a national championship will be a serious accomplishment. I will have to have a really good team and some luck. Good coordinators with playbooks that I really like, since I only use my coordinator's playbooks (and try to match my playcalling with their tendencies). I have my own progression scripts using the DB Editor that will make building a 99 OVR team very challenging, and somewhat lucky. So with all that, I could really see a very long dynasty coming out of the way I'm currently playing.

Some years I will have a terrible offense or defense based on my coordinator and I could easily see myself scraping through a 3-5 win season.

But if I get an air raid coordinator and a decent defense and my progression all comes together to have an upper-class heavy starting 22.... I definitely think I can win it all. But I'll have to work for it.

As I've posted elsewhere recently, I still wish a serious slider-guru would balance out a fatigue off set to give the defense a little more punch in the pass game. Though it may just be a limitation of the game engine we're hitting here. Still, I could play like this for months without getting bored, I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #182
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

OVR: 3

giving this a go! does anyone use this tip in 5 minute quarters? I like the game but cant sit down for too long and play. what do you guys suggest?
Old 10-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #183
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I am a convert to fatigue off. There is no single more effective way to make the CPU competitive and smarter than to just turn fatigue off.

CPU abandoning the run? Fixed
CPU throwing 10 HB screens per game? Fixed
Entire Human defense with pulsing red momentum indicators? Fixed
Falling behind 21-0 in the 1st quarter and winning 38-24? Fixed

In order to get invested into a team/dynasty, I have to really call my own plays and think hard about my playbook and matchups. Once you get even halfway decent at this, even Heisman sliders just become too easy. And I can't quite bring myself to just make Heisman sliders crazy hard; there are certain things like superhuman pass rush, sluggish HBs, 1st quarter bad QB plays that I just can't accept.

So I simply tried turning Fatigue off to get a challenge. After doing so about 1/3rd of the 10 games I've played were instant classics. I'm something like 7-3 where all three losses I was run out of the building by talented AI offenses. There are some compromises you just have to live with; the CPU QB can feel pretty robo-QB. I'm having to re-learn my defensive play-calling and recruiting strategies to avoid deficiencies. User controlled DL players get almost no push or block shedding in the pass rush anymore (although good pass rushers that are CPU controlled will be fine). And yeah, I'm probably not winning any championships with a 87 overall team.

But with fatigue off (using Von Dozier's sliders recently posted in the OS Community Sliders thread) I feel like winning a national championship will be a serious accomplishment. I will have to have a really good team and some luck. Good coordinators with playbooks that I really like, since I only use my coordinator's playbooks (and try to match my playcalling with their tendencies). I have my own progression scripts using the DB Editor that will make building a 99 OVR team very challenging, and somewhat lucky. So with all that, I could really see a very long dynasty coming out of the way I'm currently playing.

Some years I will have a terrible offense or defense based on my coordinator and I could easily see myself scraping through a 3-5 win season.

But if I get an air raid coordinator and a decent defense and my progression all comes together to have an upper-class heavy starting 22.... I definitely think I can win it all. But I'll have to work for it.

As I've posted elsewhere recently, I still wish a serious slider-guru would balance out a fatigue off set to give the defense a little more punch in the pass game. Though it may just be a limitation of the game engine we're hitting here. Still, I could play like this for months without getting bored, I think.
Go into my dynasty thread (signature), I have a set somewhere from page 9-12, if you can't find them just do a thread search.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-15-2020, 11:49 AM   #184
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Go into my dynasty thread (signature), I have a set somewhere from page 9-12, if you can't find them just do a thread search.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks, I believe it ended up being page 8.

Tried them out and I like it, seems pretty balanced. CPU Run game forces you to think about bringing players into the box, which I love. I hate being able to sit back in 2 man under all day with no consequences.

I threw a few picks that wouldn't have been picks before, so I'm really going to have to clean up my "throw the ball straight into coverage" situation. Although based on a couple hundred games of data, it seems likely that I'm due for 15 picks a year no matter what; throwing the ball right at a LB's face is just too tempting

I squeaked out a 34-31 win on a last second field goal against a slightly inferior team... I was thinking about going full coach mode or even just giving up and going back to CPU vs CPU, but I have play call sheets and spreadsheets and am engaged in this dynasty and don't want to give up playing the games. Hopefully your set will keep me going for a while. It definitely felt more balanced than some other fatigue off attempts that I've made. Felt like the defenses had a chance to compete.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »