Home

***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA***

This is a discussion on ***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do these sliders feel for gameplay?
Great 12 70.59%
Ok 0 0%
No difference 0 0%
Horrible 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA***

I tried these out and I think that they are great. They really showed ratings, a 99 OVR team put a beating on a team that was much worse like they should have. Lots of big plays to, good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: ***FUNdamentally Sound Sliders / NCAA***

Hey Ceejay I had a question. With your set up and fatgue ON do you see the CPU fading in ability in the 2nd half, or is it still competitive? Put another way-do you think fatigue ON gives the human an advantage? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #27
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Ceejay, I noticed something yesterday that I might have been missing. I started watch the replays of all big plays (anything over 20yds). I noticed a huge reduction of reaction time. Players looking at the play, watching the ball carrier/receiver just standing still until the player was even with them. At that point they had no chance to make a play. This was allowing guys to get free and just ran past everyone. I broke 3 runs for 60+ yards and every time the ad-back that should have made the tackle was just watching the play unfold in front of him without any reaction. I was able to cut away from where he was before he reacted allowing for the huge gain.

I tried the same thing with running a "9 route" or "go" with an outside receiver. The DB would just wait on the receiver to get 2 steps (3-4 yards) past him before turning to run. This was enough space to drop the ball over for a huge gain.

So my conclusion is that reaction times are decreased through the penalty sliders. Once I went back to the default setting I noticed a normal reaction time. The open play feel I enjoyed in my first two games might have been due to slower reaction times. If this is making games better for you and others then keep doing what you are doing, but I will be moving away going back to just playing on default with fatigue off as it offers me the best game play at this time.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #28
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Hey Ceejay I had a question. With your set up and fatgue ON do you see the CPU fading in ability in the 2nd half, or is it still competitive? Put another way-do you think fatigue ON gives the human an advantage? Thanks!
Hey, and thanks for your question. No, i do not... What some fail to realize is the game is in fact a game and was programmed to be played "OUT THE BOX" for competitive effect. The EFFECT creates triggers to 1. keep games close or 2. add to difficulty.

So turning Fatigue OFF is adding TRIGGERS also creating supermen, allowing move special moves, acrobatic catches, all because they never tire. These sliders again have a realism foundation... nothing else matters...

The art of football fundamentally, is acceleration and deceleration. Without fatigue how do you achieve this. The game was programmed for fatigue WE are programmed to fatigue... AGAIN DONT EXPECT SAME RESULTS IF THIS IS OFF.

Lastly, again the game was programmed to offer football strategy. After halftime BOTH SIDES make ADJUSTMENTS... which leads some to think fatigue plays a role in that but no it does that with fatigue on as well... Just like in 2k5 fatigue is the ENGINE to the game... it helps not hinders

Last edited by ceejay314; 05-18-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #29
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
So my conclusion is that reaction times are decreased through the penalty sliders. Once I went back to the default setting I noticed a normal reaction time. The open play feel I enjoyed in my first two games might have been due to slower reaction times. If this is making games better for you and others then keep doing what you are doing, but I will be moving away going back to just playing on default with fatigue off as it offers me the best game play at this time.
Happy your enjoying NCAA 14.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #30
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

I have decided to give this theory a try. I have played a total of 10 games so far with S. Alabama. Currently sitting at 9-1 while running a pro style offense. I am not going to get into the stats as I have beaten the likes of Ole Miss, Arizona State, and Iowa. I believe my team is rated in the mid 70s while the others being significantly higher. All games were competetive and fairly close. I have seen some great animations such as diving ints, diving swats, big hits while the runner is trying to hurdle etc. I have also seen some really boneheaded plays which occur irl. While Imo it does play well I am being giving scoring opportunities at will by some of the reactions of the cpu players such as the cb stopping on routes, lbs never reacting to the run, and an overall lack of aggression. To me this setup kinda has a scripted feeling. Seems I make long drives for scores and 3 plays later the cpu will score which isn't the problem its how they score. For example I take a 7-0 lead over Arz st and they get the ball at the 20. Taylor Kelley? Takes a read option on the first play trucks my best lb and cb runs down to my 10, next play they take a dumb sack. Next they do another read option for a td the only player on my defense that reacted was the safety I was controlling. Fast foward to the 4th quarter I am up 42-28 I procede to fumble on 3 straight possessions and find myself down 3 with just over a minute to go. I start at my own 16 and drive the length of the field to score the winning td. The coverage was as good as can be but the dbs never reacted or tried to make the key tackles. Overall they are fun and I plan to finish the season to see how it plays out even though I do feel I should be a .500 team. I did have fatigue on for 5 and off for 5 games.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #31
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I have decided to give this theory a try. I have played a total of 10 games so far with S. Alabama. Currently sitting at 9-1 while running a pro style offense. I am not going to get into the stats as I have beaten the likes of Ole Miss, Arizona State, and Iowa. I believe my team is rated in the mid 70s while the others being significantly higher. All games were competetive and fairly close. I have seen some great animations such as diving ints, diving swats, big hits while the runner is trying to hurdle etc. I have also seen some really boneheaded plays which occur irl. While Imo it does play well I am being giving scoring opportunities at will by some of the reactions of the cpu players such as the cb stopping on routes, lbs never reacting to the run, and an overall lack of aggression. To me this setup kinda has a scripted feeling. Seems I make long drives for scores and 3 plays later the cpu will score which isn't the problem its how they score. For example I take a 7-0 lead over Arz st and they get the ball at the 20. Taylor Kelley? Takes a read option on the first play trucks my best lb and cb runs down to my 10, next play they take a dumb sack. Next they do another read option for a td the only player on my defense that reacted was the safety I was controlling. Fast foward to the 4th quarter I am up 42-28 I procede to fumble on 3 straight possessions and find myself down 3 with just over a minute to go. I start at my own 16 and drive the length of the field to score the winning td. The coverage was as good as can be but the dbs never reacted or tried to make the key tackles. Overall they are fun and I plan to finish the season to see how it plays out even though I do feel I should be a .500 team. I did have fatigue on for 5 and off for 5 games.
I thank you for your feedback... hope you find something that works for you...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #32
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

By penalties off do you mean setting them All to 0?

Gonna try this set up out of curiosity
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »