Home

Playmakers CPU vs CPU Varisty level sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers CPU vs CPU Varisty level sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers CPU vs CPU Varisty level sliders

i decided to flip the qba and wr catch sliders around

didn't like the lower qba effecting their ypc.....

switched it back to default 50 and reduced wr catch to 35 and int to 65.

played pretty balance my last game between tennessee vs ucla....the vols won in overtime 21-18

manning comp 61% vs aikman 58% which i loved seeing despite their high accuracy ratings.

tennessee had 6 drops with wr catch at 35 which i didn't like but ucla only had 2 using the same settings.....so it may have just been a fluke game for the vols wr's.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-27-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Awesome slider set. Only thing I toned down was the penalties. Face mask to 58 and clipping to 58. I seemed to be getting about 16 to 18 penalties per game. Could have something to do with using a lower tiered team (Troy) and their lower ratings ....dunno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveranger13
Awesome slider set. Only thing I toned down was the penalties. Face mask to 58 and clipping to 58. I seemed to be getting about 16 to 18 penalties per game. Could have something to do with using a lower tiered team (Troy) and their lower ratings ....dunno?

I was hesitant to lower it because some games i do get low penalties but then in others i can get up 12-16 penalties which i do like because i can't tolerate a football game that renders no penalties LOL!

So i prefer the higher penalty settings....

I have seen both punt and kick returns called back for clipping so i may give your settings a shot for a few games

Thanks for heads up....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am sure I haven't had the number of games played to get a great sample size. I am going to go through more and see if there is a higher variance. Definitely did notice the majority of the penalties were face mask and clipping. Clipping on a lot of punt and kick returns

Old 08-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Cool thanks for the feedback....

This game is a such an addiction watching CPU vs CPU the exact total opposite when i 1st tried playing human vs CPU gameplay which just seemed to have more problems than i was willing to tackle anymore do to inconsistent slider behavior.

In my latest game i saw both cpu QB's fail to deliver on a deep ball by either over throwing the target or under throwing the target.....

I still see a few more drops than i would like but i'm going to continue to give WR catch at 35 about another weeks worth of games before possibly increasing it......

I love the fact that more WR's have difficulty making catches in traffic at that setting and yet i still see awesome SPC catch animations take place at the same time.

The Tackle & WR Catch sliders are the last two sliders that I'm unsure of right now before finalizing this set......

Old 08-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 5

Great to see you enjoying CPU v CPU. I've done this for a while as well.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The Sliders are broken down in two separate sections do to edited rosters not performing the same way as default rosters.

The 1st section posted is sliders i've tweaked using Buffeye's rosters and the 2nd section is sliders i've tweaked using Historic Clssic Rosters.

I think setting playbooks and coaching strategy works great and really enhances the playing experience as i found the CPU teams really stick with the gameplans you assign them.)

I'm still looking at penalties and may update them later but for the most part I've been using the same settings as my coach mode sliders.

SLIDER SECTION 1 SETTINGS (BUFFEYE ROSTERS)

PLAYMAKERS NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU GAMEPLAY SETTINGS

Gameplay Options:
Offense: Varsity
Defense: Varsity
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 0
HFA: Off

Penalties:
Offsides: 100
False Start: 100
Holding: 100
Facemask: 60
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PR Int: 50
Clipping: 60
Intentional Grounding: 50
Roughing The Passer: 50
Roughing The Kicker: 100

AI OFFENSIVE SETTINGS
QBA: 20
Pass Blocking: 55
WR Catching: 45
RB Ability: 45
Run Blocking: 20

AI DEFENSIVE SETTINGS
Pass Coverage: 45
Interceptions: 70
Rush Defense: 70
Tackling: 20

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power: 70
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 70
Kickoff Power: 50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SLIDER SECTION 2 ALUMNI HIORIC ROSTERS

PLAYMAKERS NCAA 14 ALUMNI HISTORIC TEAM CPU vs CPU GAMEPLAY SETTINGS

Gameplay Options:
Offense: Varsity
Defense: Varsity
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 0
HFA: Off

Penalties:
Offsides: 100
False Start: 100
Holding: 100
Facemask: 60
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PR Int: 50
Clipping: 60
Intentional Grounding: 50
Roughing The Passer: 50
Roughing The Kicker: 100

AI OFFENSIVE SETTINGS
QBA: 50
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catching: 35
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 35

AI DEFENSIVE SETTINGS
Pass Coverage: 35
Interceptions: 65
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 20

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power: 65
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 65
Kickoff Power: 50
I couldn't get the Sliders to perform universal with the heavly edited classic rosters I use and Buffeye's rosters I decided to seperate the two sets with the biggest change being at QBA......

Both sets are listed up above for comparison as i will continue to tweak every few weeks or so until i've reached a good stable base foundation.

The goog thing about CPU vs CPU Sliders is that once you get going in a good direction they don't consume all of your time making constant tweaks all year......which is a pain for Human vs CPU gameplay

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I couldn't get the Sliders to perform universal with the heavly edited classic rosters I use and Buffeye's rosters I decided to seperate the two sets with the biggest change being at QBA......

Both sets are listed up above for comparison as i will continue to tweak every few weeks or so until i've reached a good stable base foundation.

The goog thing about CPU vs CPU Sliders is that once you get going in a good direction they don't consume all of your time making constant tweaks all year......which is a pain for Human vs CPU gameplay
Man this mode is way better than i imagined. I edited a handful of this years SEC teams and have been using these sliders. good times. but they would be more beneficial with all time teams. I hate the way the cpu under utilizes the players on the roster. tonight i'm gonna watch nebraska/notre dame from you all time set with these settings. i'll post a game summary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »