Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #793
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
I'm starting to think its a Pavlovian response to the fact that its about to be early July/the usual release date for NCAA. We're getting the itch. lol
I've never stopped having the itch, I just find new flaws that I always think I have to change! It just doesn't help with football right around the corner!
Old 06-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #794
MVP

jp18's Arena

Here it goes, I know it's only one game but first I thought no way all American is going to work, I've been playing this game nonstop since it's release and jacking up sliders every other day. Well Josh I made the mistake of doubting it would work. I was W. Michigan @ Iowa

Wm/Iu
Score 7-21
Fds 14-16
Offense 232 - 306
Rush 20-31 - 37-142 3tds
Pass 20/36-201 int - 18/30-164 2ints
3rd 2/12 - 8/16
Turn 1 - 2
Top 17:07 - 25:17

Pry the most fluid game I have ever played I will be giving these a serious test phase!
Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 PM   #795
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I've never stopped having the itch, I just find new flaws that I always think I have to change! It just doesn't help with football right around the corner!
It is pretty insane how much I play this game year round. 5-6 days a week lol. Finally enjoying playing an actual dynasty finally, at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #796
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
I'm starting to think its a Pavlovian response to the fact that its about to be early July/the usual release date for NCAA. We're getting the itch. lol
LOL...yeah, true, if NCAA 18 were a thing, it would probably be getting released around July 11 or so.

Truth be told, I've been tinkering with this sort of setup for the last few months because of my continuing work on Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Here it goes, I know it's only one game but first I thought no way all American is going to work, I've been playing this game nonstop since it's release and jacking up sliders every other day. Well Josh I made the mistake of doubting it would work. I was W. Michigan @ Iowa

Wm/Iu
Score 7-21
Fds 14-16
Offense 232 - 306
Rush 20-31 - 37-142 3tds
Pass 20/36-201 int - 18/30-164 2ints
3rd 2/12 - 8/16
Turn 1 - 2
Top 17:07 - 25:17

Pry the most fluid game I have ever played I will be giving these a serious test phase!
Hey buddy, I'm very happy you gave these a shot (I actually meant to send you a PM); I was genuinely curious if you would see the same sort of things. Looks like Iowa played a good ole' fashioned game of "keepaway" against you....pretty true to life.

I'm hoping that many of us see some pretty good variety from game-to-game. I can't guarantee it will work for all; but I am just not seeing any glaring issues which are consistently 'off'.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 PM   #797
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
LOL...yeah, true, if NCAA 18 were a thing, it would probably be getting released around July 11 or so.

Truth be told, I've been tinkering with this sort of setup for the last few months because of my continuing work on Madden.

Hey buddy, I'm very happy you gave these a shot (I actually meant to send you a PM); I was genuinely curious if you would see the same sort of things. Looks like Iowa played a good ole' fashioned game of "keepaway" against you....pretty true to life.

I'm hoping that many of us see some pretty good variety from game-to-game. I can't guarantee it will work for all; but I am just not seeing any glaring issues which are consistently 'off'.
I most definitely enjoyed the game, the deeper in I got the more my team wore down....I was thinking the entire time the cpu would let up instead iowas defense poured it on, very tight passing windows and no run game. I did go with the slightly weaker team hoping for this turnout! Nothing stood out in general on flopping and the cpu being way to aggressive the ratings played out the way they should. One of the more difficult games I've played. Had it not been for Iowa's 2 turnovers it might have been more like 35-0!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:56 AM   #798

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

You are definitely on to something here. I've played 3 games so far, and they were no doubt some of the smoothest games I've played. However, the glaring CPU playcalling issues were still prevalent to me. Countless HB screens and QB runs, and they are not testing my secondary downfield.

I'm going to keep playing with these because it is the best experience I've had with the game so far, but I don't know how deep I can dive back into this game due to playcalling.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 AM   #799
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
You are definitely on to something here. I've played 3 games so far, and they were no doubt some of the smoothest games I've played. However, the glaring CPU playcalling issues were still prevalent to me. Countless HB screens and QB runs, and they are not testing my secondary downfield.

I'm going to keep playing with these because it is the best experience I've had with the game so far, but I don't know how deep I can dive back into this game due to playcalling.
You know....this is one area where I think our years of trying to "fix the game" has cost us (at least to a degree). I'm starting to play around a bit with the initial game's roster which has default offensive/defensive aggression (I'm just globally editing the sub frequencies). Those aggression settings are quite a bit higher in many cases than what we many of us have migrated to in recent years. The result is more aggressive play-calling. But, it is also a double-edged sword as too much aggression can lead to issues as well (but I think with this setup, it could work).

Frankly speaking though, there may be no real way around it. Some teams heavily call some play types (Louisville/Bama PBs with "stick" plays). I'd had hoped that going with a balanced setup might alleviate some of it; My guess is that if there IS a legit global fix, it is going to somehow involve the coach aggression sliders.

Phase 1 is complete for me with these sliders (solid, balanced, ratings-based gameplay). Phase 2 will be where we see what else we might be able to milk out of the game with coach adjustments to see if we can get some better play-calling..
Old 07-01-2017, 02:35 AM   #800
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You know....this is one area where I think our years of trying to "fix the game" has cost us (at least to a degree). I'm starting to play around a bit with the initial game's roster which has default offensive/defensive aggression (I'm just globally editing the sub frequencies). Those aggression settings are quite a bit higher in many cases than what we many of us have migrated to in recent years. The result is more aggressive play-calling. But, it is also a double-edged sword as too much aggression can lead to issues as well (but I think with this setup, it could work).

Frankly speaking though, there may be no real way around it. Some teams heavily call some play types (Louisville/Bama PBs with "stick" plays). I'd had hoped that going with a balanced setup might alleviate some of it; My guess is that if there IS a legit global fix, it is going to somehow involve the coach aggression sliders.

Phase 1 is complete for me with these sliders (solid, balanced, ratings-based gameplay). Phase 2 will be where we see what else we might be able to milk out of the game with coach adjustments to see if we can get some better play-calling..

Josh...what values do you have set for the coaching sliders (Off/Def/no huddle)? Since you have your other sliders set to default I'm guessing these would be too. But I'm In YR 2037 so I don't know what the default values would originally have been.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »