Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #1105
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Pardon me if it has been mentioned in this thread before, but I've read a ton of pages and couldn't find it. When you say "the game plays tougher with fatigue turned OFF in main menu and ON in dynasty", is this the same effect as when the CPU plays tough in the second half when you turn off fatigue in dynasty mode? Or we talking about two different effects altogether? I took jbrew's advice and turned fatigue OFF in the actual dynasty and loved the change in competiveness. I would love to have that as well as having fatigued players.

I also like the idea of keeping the penalties and AI sliders as close to default as possible since no set I've used has kept me from dominating anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #1106
Rookie

OVR: 1

Matt - I love the passing game on your sliders but I want to open up the running game more. I noticed that D-linemen get off their blocks and almost immediately break into sprints leading to a lot of second level tackles from them.

Is there a "safe" way to either make those blocks hold longer, the linemen accelerate slower or give the RBs more burst? I want to see guys like Derrius Guice or Barkley from Penn State be a threat to house it 50+ yards as they often do.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #1107
Rookie

Jazon654's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous_Amos
Matt - I love the passing game on your sliders but I want to open up the running game more. I noticed that D-linemen get off their blocks and almost immediately break into sprints leading to a lot of second level tackles from them.

Is there a "safe" way to either make those blocks hold longer, the linemen accelerate slower or give the RBs more burst? I want to see guys like Derrius Guice or Barkley from Penn State be a threat to house it 50+ yards as they often do.

You probably want to look more into ratings changes instead of slider changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #1108
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Pardon me if it has been mentioned in this thread before, but I've read a ton of pages and couldn't find it. When you say "the game plays tougher with fatigue turned OFF in main menu and ON in dynasty", is this the same effect as when the CPU plays tough in the second half when you turn off fatigue in dynasty mode? Or we talking about two different effects altogether? I took jbrew's advice and turned fatigue OFF in the actual dynasty and loved the change in competiveness. I would love to have that as well as having fatigued players.

I also like the idea of keeping the penalties and AI sliders as close to default as possible since no set I've used has kept me from dominating anyway.
Turning off fatigue in both main menu and dynasty: definite increase in competitiveness (albeit, unrealistically) but guys will never sub out.

Turning off fatigue in just the main menu: Game more realistic, CPU a bit tougher, but the big edge is that eliminates the user getting second-half comebacks every flippin' game. Guys will sub out as well.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:42 AM   #1109
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am not using your slider set personally, but I am using some of the key things you've mentioned such as slow in the main menu, normal in dynasty, fatigue off/on, etc. etc. These things have made a clear impact on my sliders for the better. I also just played a game against Arkansas State as Miami in my dynasty that I won 34-3, but the game felt like a battle all the way to the end. No score was easy and they were frustrating to stop at times, but I clearly had better talent. The gameplay was very nice thanks to the adjustments I used from your set.

The thing I want to ask about is should I be remembering the coaching sliders so that after the games I edit them back to what they were or is it fine if I leave Arkansas State's staff with 65 aggressiveness on offense, 30 on defense? If these things have a significant impact on sims and I should be editing them back then I can do that moving forward, but I wasn't sure if they're like injury ratings that when I edit the CPU before I play them I can leave them lowered and will have zero issues in sims.

Also, does anyone have a guideline they follow for setting those settings? Is it as easy as seeing my next opponent is 14th in the nation in rushing so I should keep their aggression at 60, but the team after them is a high passing team so should I set their aggression higher?

― Plato
Old 08-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #1110
MVP

OVR: 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32w8hF9PTM

and some days, i don't mind running my pure run-based shotgun spread. lol.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #1111
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Just picked up a 360 (E) yesterday and downloaded my previously purchased digital copy of NCAA14! Oh how I’ve missed the college game! And @JoshC1977 , your house rules for recruiting and coach skill tree are awesome. I’m at 1-Star UMass and just as your method would indicate, there is no one available.

The only thing I don’t do is over target though. I guess I could though and only sign as many as I have leaving but over the years I’ve just only targeted as many as I have leaving.

Thanks for your efforts bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #1112
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Josh - what would you suggest be the rate of progression for a created coach - very slow or slow? Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »