Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #1489
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
My own experience has been great as well so far through about 10 games in 3 different dynaties with 3 different level teams. With Colorado, I'm 3-4 having been beaten pretty soundly a couple of times, I lost a nailbiter on the road to Wisconsin as Nebraska (default rosters so Nebraska had high rating) and I just started 2-0 with Notre Dame (also highly rated in the game) with close wins over Miami (21-17) at a neutral site and beating Wisconsin on the road 31-28. I have yet to see the CPU fall off in the second half.

Frankly, with Nebraska and ND being rated so high in the game, I fully expected the game to be too easy with such teams on these settings. I guess it may prove to be too easy at home with HFA on. We'll see. I'm not adverse to playing 6 road games a year and turning HFA off for home games to make it more challenging if the need arises.

Playcalling by the AI on All-american seems a whole lot better than on Heisman on both sides of the ball. Much less reliance on Verts and screens on offense and no constant blitzing on defense. So far, this seems to result in better games. The coverage is certainly better when the CPU is not sending the house all the time. The CPU being less aggressive overall might help minimize the fatigue issue on that level as well.

So far I'm very pleased with what I have seen.
Second on the play calling and running QB’s I was caught off guard by how good both are. To see scrambles going in all directions and even when there’s a man open I’ve noticed if the running lane is big enough QB will take off. On the play calling side money plays that worked on Heisman don’t work on AA and that’s a good thing
Old 07-20-2020, 11:48 PM   #1490
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Been a while since I checked in here and by the looks of it there's some nice food for thought. Been playing as UConn (slow progression of course) and for the most recent year of my dynasty I've been pretty frustrated with the CPU Off. My Def is 82 rated and almost every offense I've played has been above that and while I know the overall rating doesn't tell all, I can say that most QBs have been 85+ Ovr with throwing ratings in the same range. But despite that the CPU has been playing like crap for most of the game and the playcalling has been pretty bad at times. I played at UCF with an 88 Off and they stubbornly ran the ball 70% of the time even after negligible gains on 1st and/or 2nd down and scored 7 points on me. Pathetic. The sliders I'm playing with (OS Community with some small edits like your MM off settings) seem pretty good but the CPU playcalling and awareness really sucks. CPU hasn't really been falling off in the second half, they've been crap most of the game.

So I come on the forum looking for possible remedies and the stuff you've found seems pretty interesting. Never thought I'd be playing HFA on again but here I am testing it. I played two games in another dynasty with UConn, both with the same sliders I usually use minus the MM off settings and with normal progression, and only the second with HFA on cause I didn't notice you had it on at first. First was UConn (81) vs Maryland (88), lost 14-20 at home. Seemed pretty decent, Maryland only scored 3 in the second half but they actually did something on offense which was nice. Second was UConn (81) at Buffalo (83), won 20-17 which was another good game where Buffalo didn't seem to be too bad on offense. They ran 3 slip screens in a row so idk what that HFA playcalling is, but even crazier was the third one got them 10 yards and a first down lol.

I have a couple questions. Can you go into more detail how exactly the hot/cold streaks are affected by normal progression vs slow? From my games on both it seemed to take less time for players to get hot on slow, but on both settings they kept at regular red the entire game after getting there (I mainly tested this on User defense cause that's where most of the hot streaks happen) and every now and then I'd see someone drop to yellow. My impact players would jump up to red very quickly on slow though. Other question, do you think HFA On as opposed to Off makes a big difference on how the game plays ratings and sliders-wise? I'm wondering if I can just turn on HFA for my current set and keep playing with CPU playcalling being the only thing that really changes as a result. The one game I played showed promise but things can change.

Thanks for all the testing and things you've found about this game, I may not be able to get a good realistic challenge out of your sliders personally but I've borrowed some stuff from your findings that have made my experience with this game more enjoyable.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 09-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #1491
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Huge fan of this thread. The OP is one of the best written posts I've seen, and excited me to dust off the PS3 and get an NCAA14 Dynasty going.

I don't have anything too insightful to add that y'all ITT have already added, but I will say I have tweaked the sliders, probably mostly because I'm not the best player and I don't want to lose as top #15 team to someone like Toledo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #1492
Just started!

Has anyone used these for Coach mode?
Old 10-04-2020, 09:07 PM   #1493
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton34bear
Has anyone used these for Coach mode?
Yes they work well. Only knock is QB completion percentage but if you look at college ball right now it’s fairly high
Old 10-19-2020, 07:10 PM   #1494
Rookie

Just wanted to say I went back to these after getting tired of the Heisman cheese and must say idk why I left using these. So far with a 59 overall teambuilder year 1 I’m 2-0 with a 45-20 win over NMSU the worst non-Idaho team and a 17-14 win over New Mexico. At first I thought they were too easy until I remembered in real life NMSU is pretty bad and they did put up a fight in the second half beating me 14-7 but they lost in the trenches. Against New Mexico I couldn’t run to save my life and got lucky that I won the turnover battle. The only change from OP is 10 user accuracy and 20 INT on both sides. There’s been roughly 6 picks in two games and I’m loving it
Old 02-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #1495
MVP

OVR: 6

When starting s dynasty with s new coach what should I set my coach sub frequency at ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #1496
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
When starting s dynasty with s new coach what should I set my coach sub frequency at ?
Josh strongly recommends setting it to 50 in the OP.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »