Home

Official Slider Sticky

This is a discussion on Official Slider Sticky within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #17

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official Slider Sticky

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Quote:

the_future420 said:
Bill, what makes default AA unplayable so that I won't even waste me time playing on it? Pass game, run game, offense, defense..??

Ag
I played 3 games last night as OSU playing against Michigan. Michigan couldn't run the ball, at all, in any of the games. We're talking like 12 carries for 9 yards. They also couldn't pass. In one game the UM QB started out 0-14 and finished 4 for 27. I mean...come on. Also, the drops on default AA is silly. I like dropped passes, especially in a college game, but on default AA it's way over the top. At least in the games I played last night. It is easier to catch a pass with three guys draped all over you than it is when you are wide open. So some serious slider tweakage I think will be required.

Agree with Bill on this one, 4 games last night and i got a ho-hum (cant wait for July 20th) type feeling. Maybe the sliders will help but so far i am kinda underwhelmed,
Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #18
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

I may be trading this game in own Madden.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #19
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
No sliders yet, but they are definately going to be needed. Default AA is pretty much unplayable.

Nice blog Bill, one thing I'd like to point out that has been mentioned before though is that accelerated clock won't really work in NCAA like it doesn in Madden. NCAA's playclock is only 25 seconds to start with. NFL's is 45 I think and that makes a huge difference when running down the clock. NCAA also has the clock stop for first downs and such so it would have to be totally reworked.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:31 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anyone played on heisman yet? I'm getting a little nervous about picking up this game now. Usually I pick up the game, name the players and wait for sliders to come out that everyone is raving about for heisman. Hope the initial impressions get better.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #21
Rookie

nyyfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

i dont know about heisman, this game is hard enough on AA, even varsity level is giving me a challenge, they have really made offense alot tougher, with all of the dropped passes, and the difficulty running. im trying to come up with a good slider set, just not sure what level aa or varsity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah, last year people often said the optimum level would be something between AA and Heisman. It seems to be like that now as AA is more challenging. I say that acknowledging that there are a few issues that are still up in the air like the CPU running game on AA...at any rate if they can be fixed I sense that this will be the best level and I have been a Heisman guy prior to this year.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #23
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Strangely enough playing one game last night (Texas A&M @ Utah) it was very nice. I played on AA default.

I ran 70 plays...they ran 62.
I had 290 yards of total offense, they had 260 (55+ rushing)
I int their QB 1 time, I threw none
I had one drop
I had no slowdown
I was down 10-0 at the half but ended up scoring 3 times in the 4th quarter to cruise to a 31-13 win. It was a great game...lots of fun !
Old 07-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

The CPU run game problem is fustrating, but (from limited playing time last night) I find it improved from last year. What I noticed is the CPU:

A.) Has to have success running early, I am sure they have built in script logic to learn from what plays are sucessfull for the CPU to pick.

B.) The score must be "run friendly". Down by too many points and it is pass city, but up by alot and it is run time.

The problem is getting the CPU to run well. I pick plays only on defense (AA level). I adjusted the sliders 2 clicks to the right for CPU run ability and run blocking, 1 click left for Human break tackle and tackling. My expereinces with the game so far has the CPU running the ball effectively and often, at least better than last year. The key is to adjust the sliders to give them better results running early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »