Home

Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

This is a discussion on Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
You would think,after so often claiming that I had posted my "final" sliders, that I would have too much pride to make yet another adjustment. Apparently not.

LOL I have been adjusting my College Hoops sliders for years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

I am having a good experience with these sliders. However, I have NOT played with "Home Field Advantage" on. If anyone has tried this with my sliders or others I am interested in knowing if you felt it worked properly, or if it caused problems.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #27
Pro

I made a couple of tweets (lowered pass blocking for both Human and CPU--and raised tackling for both) for my "OLD SCHOOL SLIDERS". These slight alterations noted in the opening post have had a big effect lowering the pass completion of both Human and CPU. I have consistently seen both hit at or under 50% of their tosses.

In terms of running I still get some long runs but the average gain from scrimmage is lowered.
Taken together, these small additional changes have done a lot to reproduce the defensive battles characteristic of 1960's (and earlier) college football.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #28
Rookie

jedibob5's Arena

OVR: 0

Doesn't a quarter length of 6 seem way too short? I just hit the end of the first quarter in a game on these and each team has run 8 offensive plays each, which is on pace for 32 offensive plays per team for the entire game. That's about half of what it's supposed to be, isn't it?

Edit: In the end I had 49 plays to their 37, the difference owing mainly to several big plays on their part and an attempted two-minute drill on my part. Definitely going to up the quarter length next time. Furthermore, their RB just had 23 carries for 246 yds and 3 TDs on me without all that much of a difference in team talent. I don't understand why over the last 3 and a half years I STILL haven't found a way to at least slow down the run game, no matter what slider set I use or playcalls I try. Does anyone know the secret??

Last edited by jedibob5; 02-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #29
Pro

You might try the 'old school sliders" I posed . I think they hold the run game down pretty well.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #30
Rookie

jedibob5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
You might try the 'old school sliders" I posed . I think they hold the run game down pretty well.
I think I'm going to try "mix and matching" those sliders a bit. I like the way the passing game works with the original set, so I'm just going to change up the sliders relating to the run game and see what happens.

Edit: Just realized that run blocking, RB ability, and rush defense are all left unchanged in the second set. In that case, I am not sure how the second set actually affects the run game (other than tackling - maybe I'll bump that up). I have no idea how sliders work.

Last edited by jedibob5; 02-08-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #31
Pro

I think you will find that the tackle slider is higher in the "old school" sliders. I have found that alone makes quite a difference. You can still run --old school football was mostly that- However , for me (I'm only an average player) I see lower run averages-more run losses. I still get some long runs which is fun and I believe realistic.

At any rate-try playing at least 3 games with a set of sliders because they seem to vary widely-and one game can give you a distorted impression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #32
Pro

I received a personal message asking me if I turned on fatigue on the main menu. I thought others might want to know--that I do NOT---I have fatigue off on both the main menu and the dynasty menu. For me--the game plays quite well this way-with these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »