Home

Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

This is a discussion on Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

-I would like to begin by thanking Jbrew. His suggestion to turn fatigue OFF is indeed the key to making this game great. That being said, I wanted to share the sliders that I believe compliment jbrews no fatigue approach and help provide a realistic and fun experience. Take note I am an average skilled player. I love to play with some old time teams (thanks Carl!) so I have included a set of sliders that i find produce more of the defensive run oriented style of past eras. If you try these give them 3 games to see if they are the ones for you.

I have settled upon the following sliders after a lot of games. They work very well for me and I hope they do the same for you!

Offensive Skill Heisman
Defensive Skill Heisman
Injuries On
Fatigue Off
Quarter Length 6
Play Clock On
Game Speed Very Slow
Min Threshold 25
Home Field Advantage Off

Offsides 80
False Start 30
Holding 50
Facemask 5
Offensive Pass Interference 51
Defense Pass Interference 50
KR/PR Interference 5
Clipping 50
Intentional Grounding 77
Roughing the Passer 30
Roughing the Kicker 0

SLIDERS FOR MODERN DAY TEAMS (1971-present):

User CPU
QB Accuracy 10 25
Pass Blocking 55 40
WR Catching 5 40
RB Ability 60 50
Run Blocking 0 30
Pass Coverage 35 40
Interceptions 35 35
Rush Defense 30 15
Tackling 20 25
FG Power 75 75
FG Accuracy 30 40
Punt Power 50 50
Punt Accuracy 70 70
Kickoff Power 40 45

SLIDERS FOR TEAMS OF the 1960's and before:

User CPU
QB Accuracy 10 15
Pass Blocking 35 25
WR Catching 0 40
RB Ability 60 50
Run Blocking 0 30
Pass Coverage 30 35
Interceptions 35 35
Rush Defense 30 15
Tackling 30 35
FG Power 75 75
FG Accuracy 30 40
Punt Power 50 50
Punt Accuracy 70 70
Kickoff Power 40 45

Last edited by Mizzoutiger; 12-01-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Changing a couple of sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

I will give these a go! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Anyone trying these out, or any slider set/settings, make sure you are trying them out in dynasty mode and not in play now games. Sliders/settings work differently between modes.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #4
Pro

Smile Re: Bob's Sliders for Jbrew's Fatigue off play

If anyone is trying these i would enjoy hearing of your experience. I for one find a significant difference in game play between the modern and old school (less scoring-more defensive) versions. Again, thanks much to Jbrew for his super idea about fatigue off-. This remakes the game for me !
Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
If anyone is trying these i would enjoy hearing of your experience. I for one find a significant difference in game play between the modern and old school (less scoring-more defensive) versions. Again, thanks much to Jbrew for his super idea about fatigue off-. This remakes the game for me !
First BIG THANK YOU to Jbrew for the heads up on fatigue off...I know Jbrew runs pretty much default except his preference is to lower the tackling to make it more realistic...that being said, when I wasn't playing my Coach Mode dynasty I ran Jbrews discovery through the paces and he was exactly right, THIS CHANGES THE GAME FOR THE BETTER...my only problem is that since I'm older (cough, 47, cough) my stick skills aren't what they used to be...video games, the other stick works just fine thank you very much...lol...anyways...default with lowered tackling is for those who want an extremely difficult challenge...As Jbrew warned us, it's tough, really tough, you better get used to losing and you better buy a couple extra controllers, cause YOU WILL THROW ONE! Been there done that...

That being said, yes I have tried yours and have ran them through 6 games so far in my year 1 New Mexico dynasty that I previously ran in Coach Mode...GREAT SLIDERS...They provide a really tough challenge, I was down by 14 in game 1 against UTSA and game back to win it. Won the next 3 and they all had variety to them, had to win according to my strength's and play smart because there was a feeling through each game that if I didn't bring my A game, or call a smart game I was going to lose...In games where I played teams that had a better O line than my D line, I was getting steam rolled against the run and had to bring 8 and 9 guys in the box to shut it down and then I would get caught cheating up and blown up for a long pass play...The other thing is that I really felt with these sliders that MY QB played closer to his ratings and real life...Neither myself or the CPU has gotten more the 60% completion percentage and I've had to earn the run game...

Speaking of that, I got absolutely hammered by UNLV game 5, lost by 18 points I believe, because I was used to leaning too heavily on my QB and New Mexico or any other 65 team just shouldn't be able to do that all season long. After a frustrating loss and (3) picks I decided to abandon my custom playbook and run the New Mexico pistol and play to the teams strength in the running game. Bounced back against Nevada and beat them by patiently running from the pistol and making smarter shorter passes. The bottom line of what I'm saying is that I couldn't make my team play outside their game because sliders allowed me to, the sliders played true to real life and I HAD TO MAKE THE ADJUSTMENT.

Good stuff and I will be playing out the season with these sliders. ;-)

PEACE

Last edited by RDMercer; 06-16-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #6
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
First BIG THANK YOU to Jbrew for the heads up on fatigue off...I know Jbrew runs pretty much default except his preference is to lower the tackling to make it more realistic...that being said, when I wasn't playing my Coach Mode dynasty I ran Jbrews discovery through the paces and he was exactly right, THIS CHANGES THE GAME FOR THE BETTER...my only problem is that since I'm older (cough, 47, cough) my stick skills aren't what they used to be...video games, the other stick works just fine thank you very much...lol...anyways...default with lowered tackling is for those who want an extremely difficult challenge...As Jbrew warned us, it's tough, really tough, you better get used to losing and you better buy a couple extra controllers, cause YOU WILL THROW ONE! Been there done that...

That being said, yes I have tried yours and have ran them through 6 games so far in my year 1 New Mexico dynasty that I previously ran in Coach Mode...GREAT SLIDERS...They provide a really tough challenge, I was down by 14 in game 1 against UTSA and game back to win it. Won the next 3 and they all had variety to them, had to win according to my strength's and play smart because there was a feeling through each game that if I didn't bring my A game, or call a smart game I was going to lose...In games where I played teams that had a better O line than my D line, I was getting steam rolled against the run and had to bring 8 and 9 guys in the box to shut it down and then I would get caught cheating up and blown up for a long pass play...The other thing is that I really felt with these sliders that MY QB played closer to his ratings and real life...Neither myself or the CPU has gotten more the 60% completion percentage and I've had to earn the run game...

Speaking of that, I got absolutely hammered by UNLV game 5, lost by 18 points I believe, because I was used to leaning too heavily on my QB and New Mexico or any other 65 team just shouldn't be able to do that all season long. After a frustrating loss and (3) picks I decided to abandon my custom playbook and run the New Mexico pistol and play to the teams strength in the running game. Bounced back against Nevada and beat them by patiently running from the pistol and making smarter shorter passes. The bottom line of what I'm saying is that I couldn't make my team play outside their game because sliders allowed me to, the sliders played true to real life and I HAD TO MAKE THE ADJUSTMENT.

PEACE
Man, you're convincing me to really begin running Coach Mode. Great write up!
Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer

PEACE
Glad to hear the sliders work for you!

Last edited by Mizzoutiger; 06-22-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #8
Pro

Hey guys,

I have made a couple of minor adjustments to the sliders--these are now reflected in the opening post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »