Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #25
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkyplaya
No stats, was too pissed last night for that lol. Lost to 60ovr Georgia State. Im 73 or 74 overall, my offense and defense are rated close to my overall so its not a huge plus to one side or the other. They were 60 across the board but still got a lead and I couldn't close the gap. Im ranked almost dead last in rushing defense, any other set I have tried I've been no lower than top 5. Any other sets Ive used I "DO NOT" use the in game coaching adjustments. I plug in the sliders and go and don't use them since I don't know if they mess with ratings or if the slider guru in question intended them to be used lol. Do you use them in your games that you posted stats from? I know you said not to use the rushing one as it jacks up the rushing stats. Second half I had set the defensive ones and was able to clamp down and hold them scoring. Offensive ones I set in 4th and was able to score more but was out of time. Final was 19-9 Georgia State
Niiice...I hardly ever use the in game adjustments for Catching, big runs, and holding. I think it's a bit cheesy, and they tend to jack up the player attributes to make it seem as if they're breaking more tackles, or catching more. I mean that's what the ratings are for, right? lol...But I will use the defensive ones b/c they're more tactical or decision making based. Such as QB committing on the option, or how my DB's play coverage, & strip ball/big hit. But yes, i have had to use them when getting thrashed by the cpu. But I say if it helps you win, and is FUN then carry on my friend..

But this makes for a cool narrative bro. Just think if you stick w/ your squad, and build'em up, can be a rewarding experience for ya. It's not until my team becomes a bit of a powerhouse do i expect National Championship each year. Until then bowl eligibility and conference championships are goals that are just as fun for me

Last edited by jkits; 07-19-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Niiice...I hardly ever use the in game adjustments for Catching, big runs, and holding. I think it's a bit cheesy, and they tend to jack up the player attributes to make it seem as if they're breaking more tackles, or catching more. I mean that's what the ratings are for, right? lol...But I will use the defensive ones b/c they're more tactical or decision making based. Such as QB committing on the option, or how my DB's play coverage, & strip ball/big hit. But yes, i have had to use them when getting thrashed by the cpu. But I say if it helps you win, and is FUN then carry on my friend..

But this makes for a cool narrative bro. Just think if you stick w/ your squad, and build'em up, can be a rewarding experience for ya. It's not until my team becomes a bit of a powerhouse do i expect National Championship each year. Until then bowl eligibility and conference championships are goals that are just as fun for me
Got it. Yea, seems like the offensive side is more of a reward without much risk where on defense it could go either way for you depending on if you make the right adjustment, but even still I will hold off until I see an obvious scenario where I am getting burned in one or multiple areas and need to adjust. I think I will reserve any changes for at the half and not allowed to change during game. Im a Penn State fan and they were a huge second half team last season. There are certain small things a real team can change during a game, but changing a whole approach team wise can only be done during halftime. Im sure my wife doesn't appreciate the loud cursing coming from the basement, but like you said, I can see where my flaws are on my roster and makes recruiting more goal oriented along with the recruiting rules Im gonna follow. Its gonna be a long hard season or two....hopefully BGSU doesn't can me before we make some progress. Im definitely feeling motivated that's for sure!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #27
Rookie

randolph531's Arena

OVR: 5

These are really really good. I find it difficult to get deep into offline dynasties because it gets way too easy too fast for me. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I finished NCAA '08 ranked #3 on all of Xbox Live. So, I consider myself a very good player even though I don't play this as much anymore.

After a year or so without touching this game, I got the urge to play again about a month ago. Again, even on Heisman with sliders making it more difficult, it was still way too easy. Just wasn't fun. I decided to give these a try yesterday and had great results. I made a teambuilder team with the Georgia State roster. They have the worst ranked roster at a 60 overall.

My first game was against Akron who has the second worst roster, and they beat me 31-27. What a refreshing feeling to have a difficult game against a bad opponent! Then next up was Georgia and UCLA, who proceeded to beat me up pretty good (52-24 & 44-17). It was actually really tough to play, and I could for once feel the difference in the teams rosters.

Loved the way the CPU runs the ball now. They really do run like they're being controlled by a user, which makes it difficult to stop. My other favorite thing is how aggressive the WR/DB battles are when the ball is in the air. I saw a few animations I don't think I've ever seen before. Bottom line, if you're finding NCAA too easy, use these sliders. They're definitely not for novice players, but it makes the game fun again for experienced guys like myself! These sliders along with using dynasty house rules for recruiting should make it a long and fun dynasty!

Last edited by randolph531; 07-20-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #28
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph531
These are really really good. I find it difficult to get deep into offline dynasties because it gets way too easy too fast for me. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I finished NCAA '08 ranked #3 on all of Xbox Live. So, I consider myself a very good player even though I don't play this as much anymore.

After a year or so without touching this game, I got the urge to play again about a month ago. Again, even on Heisman with sliders making it more difficult, it was still way too easy. Just wasn't fun. I decided to give these a try yesterday and had great results. I made a teambuilder team with the Georgia State roster. They have the worst ranked roster at a 60 overall.

My first game was against Akron who has the second worst roster, and they beat me 31-27. What a refreshing feeling to have a difficult game against a bad opponent! Then next up was Georgia and UCLA, who proceeded to beat me up pretty good (52-24 & 44-17). It was actually really tough to play, and I could for once feel the difference in the teams rosters.

Loved the way the CPU runs the ball now. They really do run like they're being controlled by a user, which makes it difficult to stop. My other favorite thing is how aggressive the WR/DB battles are when the ball is in the air. I saw a few animations I don't think I've ever seen before. Bottom line, if you're finding NCAA too easy, use these sliders. They're definitely not for novice players, but it makes the game fun again for experienced guys like myself! These sliders along with using dynasty house rules for recruiting should make it a long and fun dynasty!
You're the real MVP bro lol...Ecstatic that these are working out well for you man. I was just like you when I finally decided to create my own set, and now here we are. Appreciate you trying these out, and would love for you to share more of your results throughout your Dynasty!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph531

CPU running with these is insane for me to watch. Its like I am playing the game against a person at times. I don't know what you did j-kits but Im really excited for this game again. Im horrible with keeping the stats like you asked, but I played Akron last night as well. 27-17 me winning. They got off to an early lead and I couldn't do anything. I resorted to the coaching adjustments on both sides of the ball. You guys are much better than me obviously but I figure if I use the adjustments and win against a lower ranked team and its realistic, then I will be out of options against an even or higher ranked team, so basically I found my sweet spot to play at my ability and my teams ratings without having to mess with the sliders. This game came down to me playing keep away, chewing the clock and running 84 plays to their 55. They were moving the ball and it was fun being able to play bend but don't break defense. Before it seemed like my only option was stuffing them quickly for a punt or they scored at will. You weren't lying about the kicking game being a part of this set. Everything just feels right, I guess that's why this is your last set....why mess it up lol
Old 07-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #30
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkyplaya
CPU running with these is insane for me to watch. Its like I am playing the game against a person at times. I don't know what you did j-kits but Im really excited for this game again. Im horrible with keeping the stats like you asked, but I played Akron last night as well. 27-17 me winning. They got off to an early lead and I couldn't do anything. I resorted to the coaching adjustments on both sides of the ball. You guys are much better than me obviously but I figure if I use the adjustments and win against a lower ranked team and its realistic, then I will be out of options against an even or higher ranked team, so basically I found my sweet spot to play at my ability and my teams ratings without having to mess with the sliders. This game came down to me playing keep away, chewing the clock and running 84 plays to their 55. They were moving the ball and it was fun being able to play bend but don't break defense. Before it seemed like my only option was stuffing them quickly for a punt or they scored at will. You weren't lying about the kicking game being a part of this set. Everything just feels right, I guess that's why this is your last set....why mess it up lol
Man I'm glad you found your happy medium with these! And yea I used to stuff the CPU's running game like it was nothing. Now I have to choose the right defensive set to fill the gaps, and meet blocks to shift the RB in in a certain direction to contain him. Its made me play honest, and not over pursue the running game, as I've been burned by play-action passes b/c of it. Its a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what happens once you face a top tier team! Thanks again brotha
Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #31
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1

Jkits, just curious what you have the Main Menu sliders and settings set to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #32
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
Jkits, just curious what you have the Main Menu sliders and settings set to?
Wsup bro, I have both the main menu and my Dynasty sliders & settings set to the same thing.

**The superstition going around is to set your Main Menu Fatigue OFF, and to leave your Dynasty Fatigue ON. This supposedly gives the CPU 4 quarters of competitiveness, w/o fatigue'ing out too soon...But, I've tried this, and haven't seen much of a difference. So I don't do it...That option is totally up to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »