Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

I told her I was going to play one game and then get on my laptop to work, but she audibled to a better play. But I don't disagree with you about being paranoid. This morning I had to get into the mindset of "it's out of my hands, I can't do anything about it. Whatever happens, happens."

It sounds like you are still getting some reward, Silver. I've been having a second a best to get a pass off and I'm usually hit coming off the play action immediately. No time to even throw the ball away. My current line is all high-rated, senior, multiple-year starters. I worry what it's gonna be like with less experienced linemen in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm amazed you can leave your Xbox on that long just idle...I'd be paranoid lol. I usually only play when my I have the house to myself.

Interesting note on play action. I have had no issues with it. I've always found PA to be a high risk/reward type play, regardless of sliders. Either they're coming quick and you get sacked, or the blow coverage and you get a big gain. My only two 40+ yard passes this season are play action.

Last edited by ZN30; 08-23-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I told her I was going to play one game and then get on my laptop to work, but she audibled to a better play.

It sounds like you are still getting some reward, Silver. I've been having a second a best to get a pass off and I'm usually hit coming off the play action immediately. No time to even throw the ball away. My current line is all high-rated, senior, multiple-year starters. I worry what it's gonna be like with less experienced linemen in the future.

I also have this problem. The only PA I can run is PA Power O, in which I have to roll out...its the only chance I have to get the throw off, and sometimes even there i'm rushed into a bad throw or have to throw on the run, making it much more inaccurate. I just avoid them all together unless I have a lead and can take a chance.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #403
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
I also have this problem. The only PA I can run is PA Power O, in which I have to roll out...its the only chance I have to get the throw off, and sometimes even there i'm rushed into a bad throw or have to throw on the run, making it much more inaccurate. I just avoid them all together unless I have a lead and can take a chance.
You guys may already know, but you can tap R2 to cut the fake short. It still looks like a PA fake, and it is. It just gives you a little bit more time for your reads.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #404
Rookie

the red c's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
You guys may already know, but you can tap R2 to cut the fake short. It still looks like a PA fake, and it is. It just gives you a little bit more time for your reads.
Ohhh I did not know this and will have to try it out. I've totally abandoned the PA altogether. Like the others have said there is usually no time to get the pass off, much less make the right read. But if this works well enough it is going to open up my playbook a ton. I'm trying to emulate Auburns spread offense but it's kinda hard to do when don't ever feel comfortable running the PA. thanks for the heads up

And J-KITS, said it once and I'll say it again, the sliders are money man. I'm 2/3 of the way through my season and I'll give a final season update when I'm done. Last two games have both been walk off field goals. The first game South Carolina upset me after I went wayyy to conservative on offense in the second half. We were the better team but because I didn't put them away they came back and made me pay, winning 17-16. It was almost like you could feel them gaining confidence as the game wore on.

Second game I was the one who hit the game winning field goal when I came back and upset the #2 Crimson Tide, 17-16. We were down 16-0 midway through the 3rd quarter until a huge play swung the momentum for us. A 51 yard fumble recovery that one on my d-lineman took to the house. After that we had the Tide on their heels and our offense finally woke up in the 4th quarter. And you're damn right I milked the clock on my final drive to make sure I'd attempt the field goal with no time remaining.

So now I've had a shoot out, a defensive slugfest, taken care of two inferior opponents like I should have, beat a good Georgia team pretty handily, was upset by a lower rated team, and mounted a comeback win against an arch rival (although the game itself was pretty ugly). Loving the variety I'm getting.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #405
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red c
Ohhh I did not know this and will have to try it out. I've totally abandoned the PA altogether. Like the others have said there is usually no time to get the pass off, much less make the right read. But if this works well enough it is going to open up my playbook a ton. I'm trying to emulate Auburns spread offense but it's kinda hard to do when don't ever feel comfortable running the PA. thanks for the heads up
No problem. I understand since (it hurts every time I say it, but...) Auburn's playbook is my favorite in the game. You can also keep the RB in on protection and just run it as a pass, but that of course doesn't have the fake at all and kills it visually.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 08-23-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
!?!?WHAAAAAT!?!?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #407
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red c

And J-KITS, said it once and I'll say it again, the sliders are money man. I'm 2/3 of the way through my season and I'll give a final season update when I'm done. Last two games have both been walk off field goals. The first game South Carolina upset me after I went wayyy to conservative on offense in the second half. We were the better team but because I didn't put them away they came back and made me pay, winning 17-16. It was almost like you could feel them gaining confidence as the game wore on.

Second game I was the one who hit the game winning field goal when I came back and upset the #2 Crimson Tide, 17-16. We were down 16-0 midway through the 3rd quarter until a huge play swung the momentum for us. A 51 yard fumble recovery that one on my d-lineman took to the house. After that we had the Tide on their heels and our offense finally woke up in the 4th quarter. And you're damn right I milked the clock on my final drive to make sure I'd attempt the field goal with no time remaining.

So now I've had a shoot out, a defensive slugfest, taken care of two inferior opponents like I should have, beat a good Georgia team pretty handily, was upset by a lower rated team, and mounted a comeback win against an arch rival (although the game itself was pretty ugly). Loving the variety I'm getting.
Variety is what I love about these myself too. You gotta let us know how the season plays out man!? Im interested in your team stats are looking like so far?
Old 08-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #408
Banned

young22's Arena

Took my little teambuilder (high 70s, not sure exactly cause my overalls are knocked down because of injury rating edits) to a 35-33 bowl win over Iowa. Iowa is high 80s, but they were struggling, went 6-6 in the B1G, and we came out strong and punched em in the mouth, getting a few huge plays and a couple sustained drives to go up 28-7 at the break. Iowa came out swinging in the second half, and we weathered the storm to win it, as they were no good on a late 2 point conversion before scoring with 30 seconds left to make it 35-33. We recover the onside, and win it. I love how momentum really shows with these, and anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »