Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Does this help make defending the pass any easier? That issue has always been what has kept me from playing this game. Playing man results in defenders not breaking on the receiver until well after he has made his cut. And zone defenses were always too soft allowing too much underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #66
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules50
These look like legitimately difficult sliders, which is what I was exactly looking for. I haven't played NCAA 14 for about a year, but wanted to pick it back up again and wanted something that would challenge me. Definitely going to give these a try.

2 Questions though:

1) Do the Coach sliders affect these any? Agressiveness, no-huddle, etc.

2) Has anyone tried these with running the Triple Option?
Nice man let us know how these work out for you bro. The coach sliders won't effect it either
Old 07-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #67
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Does this help make defending the pass any easier? That issue has always been what has kept me from playing this game. Playing man results in defenders not breaking on the receiver until well after he has made his cut. And zone defenses were always too soft allowing too much underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try these out bro, and let me know your results?
Old 07-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #68
Just started!

These sliders have been great so far! I haven't played dynasty yet because I'm waiting on this year's roster to be complete. I have had physical defensive games with Florida vs Michigan to high scoring games with Texas vs TCU. These really seem true to the ratings.

Sometimes the QBs need time to warm up, other times they've been on the money from the get-go. Sometimes RBs "warm up" and run faster after a big run, but I've also had games where they don't. The line play is excellent.

J-kits, great work on the sliders. I was wondering if you have any gameplay house rules other than no offensive coaching adjustments. No 4 verts? Read option? I usually avoid read-option, but I was getting smoked trying to run the Kansas State offense air raid style (Ok St was a lot better at it, go figure haha)
Old 07-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #69
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeisman
These sliders have been great so far! I haven't played dynasty yet because I'm waiting on this year's roster to be complete. I have had physical defensive games with Florida vs Michigan to high scoring games with Texas vs TCU. These really seem true to the ratings.

Sometimes the QBs need time to warm up, other times they've been on the money from the get-go. Sometimes RBs "warm up" and run faster after a big run, but I've also had games where they don't. The line play is excellent.

J-kits, great work on the sliders. I was wondering if you have any gameplay house rules other than no offensive coaching adjustments. No 4 verts? Read option? I usually avoid read-option, but I was getting smoked trying to run the Kansas State offense air raid style (Ok St was a lot better at it, go figure haha)
Wsup Bro! Thanks man for trying these out, I'm really glad its working well for you man!

To answer your question, Yes. I do have main house rules that I play by. I was even thinking of making another section under the sliders, of House Rules. Of course it'd be optional. I DO NOT use any "money plays" such as 4 Verts, and a few others that will cheese out the game for me. For option plays, I run them from under the snap instead of Shotgun. For outside runs, I do more tosses than stretch plays as well.

My house rules extend even further into my Dynasty. I use limited play-books, which are based on a OC & DC coach skill rating, and recruiting house rules. I even have rules based on my QB's awareness rating, which will determine if he can hot route, adjust the line protection, flip play, audible, etc...

It's overall made it such a challenge for someone like me, who aways finds a way lol. Thanks again!

Last edited by jkits; 07-28-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #70
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Wsup Bro! Thanks man for trying these out, I'm really glad its working well for you man!

To answer your question, Yes. I do have main house rules that I play by. I was even thinking of making another section under the sliders, of House Rules. Of course it'd be optional. I DO NOT use any "money plays" such as 4 Verts, and a few others that will cheese out the game for me. For option plays, I run them from under the snap instead of Shotgun. For outside runs, I do more tosses than stretch plays as well.

My house rules extend even further into my Dynasty. I use limited play-books, which are based on a OC & DC coach skill rating, and recruiting house rules. I even have rules based on my QB's awareness rating, which will determine if he can hot route, adjust the line protection, flip play, audible, etc...

It's overall made it such a challenge for someone like me, who aways finds a way lol. Thanks again!
Nice, I like those QB rules. A lot more goes into the position than arm strength and accuracy. The developers supercharged the read option, but when I have a mobile QB and scheme I'll try options from under center. Good to hear that it's not unfair
Old 07-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #71
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeisman
Nice, I like those QB rules. A lot more goes into the position than arm strength and accuracy. The developers supercharged the read option, but when I have a mobile QB and scheme I'll try options from under center. Good to hear that it's not unfair
Yea the read is too guaranteed for me too. Try the QB rules out and let me know what you think? Here's what I go by:

QB awareness Rules

64 & below: Motion
65-74: Motion, Flip Play (except runs)
75-84: Motion, Flip Play (incl runs), 1 Hot Route
85-90: Motion, Flip Play (incl runs), 1 Hot Route, Slide Protection
91 & Up: Motion, Flip Play (incl runs), 2 Hot Routes, Slide Protection, Audibles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #72
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules50
2) Has anyone tried these with running the Triple Option?

I used these in my Online Dynasty and they made the Triple Option basically useless, at least from the Flexbone. The Pitch man is consistently 5 yards behind the QB and seems to stop dead in his tracks when he gets the ball.

EDIT: After experimenting around a little more, the Wishbone Triple Option seems relatively usable, as do the ones from the Pistol and Shotgun formations (obviously). It's just the Flexbone that has an issue.

Last edited by T-Moar; 07-29-2017 at 06:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »