Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #713
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Just finished season 1 playing with Memphis. I think the set played well overall, I cannot comment for the user defensive side of the ball as I started my dynasty as the OC. The user run game was good overall, I actually gained yardage running the HB draw which I didn't see in the old slider set I was playing. Passing game was good, occasional wild throw with the QB, usually takes a couple completions for the QB to settle, DBs actually broke on the ball and undercut some routes leading to some picks that would have been completions for me previously. Only notice the RB running in quicksand on rare occasions, usually early in the game which I can accept or if I were playing dumb and jumping onto the R2 button immediately. The PC pass rush, especially against play action was brutal. Maybe a function of my poor offensive line, but often I'd find a D-Lineman in my face immediately after the play fake. That said, I also saw some great passes over blitzing linebackers off play action.

I did feel things got easier as the season went on, part of this was making better decisions with throws after getting picked earlier in the season. Finished the regular season 8-4(5-3) with losses to Duke, UCF, #24 Louisville, and a squeeker to end the season on the road at UConn 31-28. Saw two OT wins during the season including a 3 OT thriller at USF. Played in the Poinsettia Bowl against Nevada which turned out to be a matchup of two evenly matched teams and it played out that way. I finally sealed the W with
:08 left on the clock to claim the Poinsettia Bowl 35-28.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #714
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing OD with Georgia State and four other guys in the SunBelt. So I know we already have bad teams and anything I say may just deal with that.

1) I will say the newer ones don't seem as hard as the first, but to me still hard, ESPECIALLY on the tackling. AND how the QB can just zig zag and get plenty of yards, despite defensive players having better ratings.

2) This isn't much help, but I am on board with what you do, whether you adjust or not.

BUT, I do have a BIG question. The past two games, my best WR has not played the last quarter, quarter and half of games. But he's not injured and I see nothing wrong with him. I even changed the depth chart for a play and changed back, but he still didn't come back in. Any ideas what's causing this?

3) I will admit old faithful is VERY hard, and we all get pretty frustrated, mainly at tackling and the QB maneuvers. But I just shake my head. We have bad teams, so I just figure it's gonna happen.

Hope you can tell me what you think about my WR just sitting out.

I have not seen a difference on the things you are liking.

The things I'm liking are:
- slightly less USER ints
- more USER pocket time
- USER RBs aren't stuck in the mud
- Better speed representation b/c of threshold (seems this worse from my experience)

Not much easier if any to stop run
Not many user sacks for me
WRs catch everything
My secondary is absolutely HORRIBLE - like allowing 400 yards through the air, and I have bumped up the numbers to pay more attention to passing.

The common things I don't like are:
- It's easier to stop the CPU run game (will play with rush D, & CPU run block again)
- Too many USER sacks w/ average DLinemen (may bump CPU pass block)
- CPU WRs dropping too many wide open SURE catches (may bump up)
- USER DB coverage is too good in my opinion (will tweak around)

Last edited by Heyuimintojsus; 05-18-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:57 PM   #715
Rookie

Love the set. Definitely have seen playing with fatigue off to be a bit more challenging. I play mainly the offensive side of the ball, except occasionally big 3rd down plays or just cause randomly. Was wondering if anyone else has been seeing this as well. I'll sim the defense and when I watch the defensive series sim the CPU doesn't seem to be able to put up points, they'll have a semi-decent drive but fail to put points on the board. However if I just supersim to the change of possession then they often have a better chance of scoring.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this.

Regardless, thanks for the great set, definitely revitalized the game for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #716
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Are the original sliders posted on the first page or are they just the new ones?

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Old 05-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #717
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
Are the original sliders posted on the first page or are they just the new ones?
Right above the slider settings on the first page are the changes from the original, so you know what they were before.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #718
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Would anyone know why my best receiver sometimes is out the last quarter, quarter and half when he’s not injured? I even changed depth chart and back to see if that would work but it didn’t. Was just curious if anyone had dealt with this before or have a guess at why this happens.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #719
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
Would anyone know why my best receiver sometimes is out the last quarter, quarter and half when he’s not injured? I even changed depth chart and back to see if that would work but it didn’t. Was just curious if anyone had dealt with this before or have a guess at why this happens.
If you have fatigue on, then his remaining stamina was too low to be subbed back in.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #720
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
That would be the broken fatigue system that isn't worth having on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »