Home

Snake's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Snake's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Snake's Heisman Sliders

Human Offense

QB ACC 11
Pass Block 15-18 (preference)
WR Catch 15
RB Ability 11 (you will be able to run)
Run Block 15

Human Defense
Aware 7
Knockdown 0
INT 10
Break Block 10
Tackle 10

CPU Offense
QB ACC 20
Pass Block 8
WR Catch 13
RB Ability 11
Run Block 15

CPU Defense
Aware 3
Knockdown 0
INT 10
Break Block 6
Tackle 10

CPU Special Teams

FG Length 9
FG ACC 7
Punt Length 10
Punt ACC 7
Kick Off Length 10

Human Special Teams are up to you really, I use the Kick Assist option in the easy play menu because the kick meter is insane. Just remember to turn all penalties back on and all the other easy play stuff off because it isn't necessary.

Analysis: These are derived from a base set by LikeWhoa of the UtopiaFootball forum. He put together a great foundation, of which I changed only a few things after playing with them for a full season.

Originally he had RB ability at 10, the default. I was able to run fine with it at that setting.. but I like adding atleast +1 to it just to give kick returners a better chance and help WRs with some YAC. The other major difference is I also brought the Human WR Catch up to 15 (from 13.) Just too many drops even at 13, 15 seems to be a decent middle ground between getting alot less B.S. drops while retaining balance in the vertical game.

The CPU offense is great.. often the CPU QBs will get hot and complete strings of passes in a row and they will kill you deep if you bite on playaction consistantly. I'm not in any way garaunteeing they will all throw for 60% or anything, because you will still get some guys throwing in the 40's or lower, but the majority of the time they will be more consistant. Especially with momentum on their side.

The great thing with Heisman level is the CPU's committment to the run game and seeing speedy QBs who pull it down and run often. I really feel no other level on this game is anywhere close to the playcalling AI of Heisman, on both sides of the ball.

You must be able to run the ball for atleast 80 yards a game or so to be successful.. otherwise you'll be pummeled with blitz packages. I play with a spread offense and I learned the hard way that you must atleast offer the threat of being able to run at times just to keep the pass rush off your back. I find crossing routes, quick in's, slants, and angle routes (by the RBs) to be reliable patterns. Don't throw the out unless you are certain you have a one-on-one machup to that side. Use wheel routes if you've got a fast slot WR who can stretch it down the sideline.

I find that a short controlled passing game mixed with PA and the occassional shot down the field works the best. This is especially true when the defense is pressing on a blitz or leaving any of their DBs on a island. You have to take advantage of those oppurtunities, especially in the redzone because the CPU's zone is very hard to break down inside the 20.

Always be aware of your safety valves in the flat or over the middle to counter the blitz. I also often use the audible-on-the-fly option to call two plays in the huddle, this can help you more flexibility at the LOS and allow you to make not only your reads, but critical adjustments. I really recommend this tactic to anyone who runs a spread type passing offense.

I play alot of cover-2 zone on defense.. mixed with man-under 2 deep, and the occasional blitz. The CPU will hurt you if you're overly aggressive, only play alot of man if you feel like your secondary can handle it. Again, the CPU will be able to generate a run game in most games, so that too will probably factor into your defensive playcalling.

Last edited by SnakeEyez; 08-30-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 01:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Volman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Snake's Heisman Sliders

how many mins. per qt. also hfa on or off thanks.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volman
how many mins. per qt. also hfa on or off thanks.
8-10

HFA ON (your preference however)
Old 08-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #4
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

What are your pancake stats like with these sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »