Home

How to Stream to your XBOX...and create .M3U playlists

This is a discussion on How to Stream to your XBOX...and create .M3U playlists within the NCAA Football Stadium Sounds forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
How to Stream to your XBOX...and create .M3U playlists

So I am posting this because I have seen the question alot and had to figure out myself on how to get this to work. I did not know a thing about .M3U files and this is how I was able to get everything to work. I hope this helps some of you out.

I used Foobar 2000 to set this up. (Foobar is what I used, there are other programs that make M3U's but this one is free and easy. Media Player makes M3U's but it didnt work half the time) I got a tip from SEC Elites thread and set up two folders, one labled Current Sounds and one labled NCAA sounds. Put all of your school folders in the NCAA sounds folder, and (for example) if you are playing at USC stadium, cut and paste the USC stadium sounds into the current stadium sounds. Make sure you open Windows media player and only share the Current Stadium Sounds folder with the XBOX....make sure it is the ONLY folder shared.

Now turn on your xbox and get into NCAA. Select the event and select playlist. If you dont see a playlist then you have to create them so your xbox knows what songs to play. Thats were Foobar comes in. I open Foobar and drag, one by one, a song in.

So lets say I choose a song and I want it played on first down. You drag the song into Foobar, click file, click SAVE PLAYLIST. Make sure you select the folder your song is located in. So if the song is in the USC folder make sure you are saving the playlist into the USC folder. Name the playlist USC First Down. Make sure you save it as a .M3U file. After you save then its time to make another event. right click the song in Foobar and click remove (you dont want more than one song in there so remove the old song before you start another event)......drag in the new song into Foobar....now if you want this song for Kickoff its the same thing. File, Save Playlist, name as USC Kickoff.m3u, save into same folder as the USC folder.......eventually your folder will contain the .mp3 and the .m3u for each song.

You can use the same song multiple times but it is easier to make a label for each event you want to use it for....for instance you like to the Darth Vadar drumline and you want to use it for Defense and for a missed field goal. Just drag the song into Foobar, file, save playlist, name it USC Missed Field Goal.M3U.......file, Save Playlist, name it USC Defense on 3rd......so the same song is attached to two different playlists now and as you are assigning the playlists in the game it makes it easier to find what you want for each event.

It is tedious but worth it. SEC is making zip folders in his database and he has taken the time to make the .M3U files for alot of the teams. I have made a few of my own as I go in my dynasty.

Now when you turn on your XBOX and start NCAA 12 you should see the playlists you have created and you can assign accordingly. always preview the file to make sure it is working correctly.

Now this is some quirky thing I have noticed with this game by accident. I am currently playing with WAZZU, I played my home games and the sounds worked perfectly. Played a game at Army and I didnt bother changing the sounds as I was not in the mood to mess with it. My next game was back at home so I didnt bother changing the sounds....and for some reason my sounds were not working. I had to go back and re-assign the sounds. Not sure whats up with that. Remember to make sure you are only sharing the Current Stadium Sounds file folder with the XBOX, if you dont then the XBOX will have to sift through a ton of songs and that is causing alot of the freezing issues people are experiencing with custom sounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds »