Home

Head to Head Seasons

This is a discussion on Head to Head Seasons within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
Idk. I think that's one of the things that ultimate team was missing and it was that TRUE online feeling. When you do a seasons game all you see is their handle. No record, DNF%, team overall, where they are in the season, etc. No leaderboards either to see how you compare to others. Maybe there will be an update or maybe it's just something to look for in 15. It would have been kinda cool if you could only play people in their first game of the playoffs also but if you think about it, that would kind of limit the ability to just put you in a game because let's say I play more than an average person and I am in Season 5 and no one else is, then I have to do something else until someone else joins me in season 5. So I think the way they did it just throwing you into a game and you control your season may be for the best. I just wish they'd offer more details.

Check out my Podcast here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Head to Head Seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoore 28
Idk. I think that's one of the things that ultimate team was missing and it was that TRUE online feeling. When you do a seasons game all you see is their handle. No record, DNF%, team overall, where they are in the season, etc. No leaderboards either to see how you compare to others. Maybe there will be an update or maybe it's just something to look for in 15. It would have been kinda cool if you could only play people in their first game of the playoffs also but if you think about it, that would kind of limit the ability to just put you in a game because let's say I play more than an average person and I am in Season 5 and no one else is, then I have to do something else until someone else joins me in season 5. So I think the way they did it just throwing you into a game and you control your season may be for the best. I just wish they'd offer more details.
I could see a matchmaking nightmare if it were to only search for people in a certain round of the playoffs, though I believe underneath it is sort of like FIFA. The relegation cutoff is probably 5, since that is your entrance into the playoffs. If there even is relegation.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

First season went 5-3... really 4-4 but one guy disconnected when he was up 4 scores in the 4th??? so i got that win... once i got to 5-2 i played one more game since i had a chance to make 8 wins for a bye, but after losing that game it skipped me to the playoffs

in the playoffs i drew this cheeser who hadn't upgraded his team at all and squib kicked every kick off, went for it every 4th, you know the drill... i was down 21-7 and frustrated... when i kicked off after my score i messaged him and told him "this is how you kick off" lol... so anyways I did bring it back against him and got up 28-21, but he tied it up with like 15 seconds to go (he also dropped all the cheese by this point, i had never seen someone stop because i said something and believe me i will say something)... so he scored first in OT because i was in a soft zone on 3rd and long and that was dumb. i couldn't convert and lost 35-28 but it was my #1 instant classic (only OT game so far)

probably just an anecdote but in my first game in season 2 i got a REALLY good match, the guy punted on 4th and short in his own territory and played real sim in other ways too, we traded stops most of the game and i won 10-7 (really enjoyed it)

I have Aaron Rodgers in the gun (i do really like to run option under center though) and Ryan Broyles has been big in the slot for me... I would highly suggest upgrading your defense first... sadly i don't think OL makes that much of a difference, i have saved it for last but am planning on getting some guys in the next couple of days.

Really nervous for when my games start expiring though... they seem more expensive than FIFA contracts, right?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
Rookie

tbone118's Arena

OVR: 8

Everything is going smoothly. I'm 4-0.

1st Game: 21-7
2nd Game: 21-14
3rd Game:21-14
4th Game: 17-14
Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Someone just DC glitched me. Yaaaay
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Eh, 0-1 right now because I'm nice, haha. Was driving in the 3rd into the 4th to take the lead and purposefully didn't run the clock down so I could give my opponent a fair shot to tie the game. Left him with a little over a minute, he scored and went for two instead of kicking for one. Ended up starting at about the 40-50 after the squib kick with one second left, but couldn't complete the Hailmary. Oh well, that's what I get for playing nice and not just being happy with getting a win, haha. Just want to hurry and get the trophies for UT Seasons because I detest playing online.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU
Someone just DC glitched me. Yaaaay
what is this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finished my first season and won the championship with just 1 loss. Thank god I pulled 97 speed Jamal Charles (92ovr) in my starter pack. He carried my team through all the games...so huge for me since I dont spend any real money to pull packs.

For those wondering these are the cards I got in the pack I recieved for winning the championship:
50 game contract extension
25 game contract extension (2x)
Mike the Tiger LSU Mascot Collectible
QB Matt Ryan (87)

I was hoping for a full 10 card pack with some silvers thrown in there too, but I should be able to make a decent coin off the Ryan card and I needed the collectible as well. Hopefully the packs get better for the higher level seasons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »