Home

Thoughts on ESPN elite cards and value

This is a discussion on Thoughts on ESPN elite cards and value within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thoughts on ESPN elite cards and value

I grabbed an Edgerrrin James elite ESPN card for around 4k the other day. Do you guys think the value will go up on these over time? Apparently these wont be available for much longer. I'm trying to figure out if waiting is the best option instead of selling now. Appreciate the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Thoughts on ESPN elite cards and value

The value of everything currently out right now will go down over time. And if/when they release a new batch of higher ranked cards, they'll go down even more. At least on PS3, the market has almost tanked for guys up to 89 OVR because the 90+ OVR players are becoming more and more common. There's still some market for OL, CB and S, but those are about it. As it is, you can get 89 OVR players for +/-3500c.

Yesterday, you could not get an 88 OVR CB for +/-7500c. Today, they're down to +/-5000c.

If you've got a card you to unload, you better do it ASAP because tomorrow there may be a card more desired out there and folks will be selling instead of buying.

There is an "optimum" lineup out there and folks are all striving to get it.

RBs aren't "worthless", but they may be the least valued position after QB. 94 OVR Peterson still sells high. I've got a 96 OVR McFadden and 94 OVR Bettis and I'm not really sure what they're worth.

It "costs" 7500c to get a single Gold card. So, in theory, any Gold is worth that at minimum. But folks have sold them for a third or quarter of that.

Last edited by crowhop; 07-15-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I am getting the impression this game doesn't attract collectors as I am having trouble finding buyers for cards in collections on ah at low price.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

As of right now, the Collections aren't worth the effort. Silver Packs and Varsity Packs aren't worth ANYTHING once you have a good team of mostly Golds. Truly not even worth opening the pack.
No one cares about Unis, Playbooks, Mascots, etc. The rewards for collecting them is meaningless.

But the Gold Pack upgrade set is nice.
As they roll out new weekly collections, hopefully the rewards will be worth the effort.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
As of right now, the Collections aren't worth the effort. Silver Packs and Varsity Packs aren't worth ANYTHING once you have a good team of mostly Golds. Truly not even worth opening the pack.
No one cares about Unis, Playbooks, Mascots, etc. The rewards for collecting them is meaningless.

As they roll out new weekly collections, hopefully the rewards will be worth the effort.
This 100%. Pointless to even try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
Just started!

BigMajestic's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
I am getting the impression this game doesn't attract collectors as I am having trouble finding buyers for cards in collections on ah at low price.
That's because the collection right now are basically worthless to people with half decent teams because all you get is upgrade packs.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #7
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm trying to do the collections, mainly because I just like collecting players in this mode. It's fun to me. What's not fun is not being able to find most of the players from each set in the AH, and getting into fierce bidding wars with other collectors when I do find players that I need.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop

Actually, my brother posted up 2 73 McKelvins which are needed for the bronze CB collection, and sold them both for 5k. I was surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »