Home

Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness

This is a discussion on Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness

Ok, here is how I got a solid team without spending a lot of money like some have to do.

I won't put an order, but just some guidelines. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but these guidelines have helped me big time.

Spend 80 Microsoft points on the gold starter pack. If you can't spend $0.99 how did you spend $59.99 for the game? lol

Never do a quick sell unless it is a terrible bronze player. Always, use the auction house.

Look to get a kicker early. You can get a punter or kicker, but just make sure he has very high power. I got a 99 power kicker, and I can make FG's from 65 yards out. I don't have to worry about guys scoring TD's on kickoffs, and when I punt, I totally change field position.

Build through your defensive line. Try to get superior defensive lineman who can put pressure on the other team and stop the run without forcing you to blitz or play aggressive defense. Dwight Freeney has won 3 or 4 games on his own.

I'll add more later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rainey's Guide to Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
Ok, here is how I got a solid team without spending a lot of money like some have to do.

I won't put an order, but just some guidelines. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but these guidelines have helped me big time.

Spend 80 Microsoft points on the gold starter pack. If you can't spend $0.99 how did you spend $59.99 for the game? lol

Never do a quick sell unless it is a terrible bronze player. Always, use the auction house.

Look to get a kicker early. You can get a punter or kicker, but just make sure he has very high power. I got a 99 power kicker, and I can make FG's from 65 yards out. I don't have to worry about guys scoring TD's on kickoffs, and when I punt, I totally change field position.

Build through your defensive line. Try to get superior defensive lineman who can put pressure on the other team and stop the run without forcing you to blitz or play aggressive defense. Dwight Freeney has won 3 or 4 games on his own.

I'll add more later.
I knew I shouldn't have quick sold Epic Bo
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
MVP

Rainey's Arena

lol, I wonder if someone ever did that. Would they get a call from EA? "Are you on drugs sir?"
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

I spent a total of 15.00 over two weeksish. That seems to be the least you can buy and make a good team with, without taking too long. Though I did have an 85 ovr team within a couple of days by putting backup players of one position in another where they were higher than the actual starters.

15 bucks is nothing, once you do more, you're just hunting for pack finds.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
I spent a total of 15.00 over two weeksish. That seems to be the least you can buy and make a good team with, without taking too long. Though I did have an 85 ovr team within a couple of days by putting backup players of one position in another where they were higher than the actual starters.

15 bucks is nothing, once you do more, you're just hunting for pack finds.
I disagree here. I've spent $0 and have solely flipped cards and have gotten up to a 94 overall team in the last 4 days. I don't think anyone needs to spend money at all to have a good team. Just play the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
MVP

Rainey's Arena

I spent a dollar on the gold pack, and since I still had 200 points I used it on an All-Pro Pack (wasn't that great).

Once, you have a decent amount of coins (4000+) you can easily start to play the market. Just remember to have fun playing the game too, there are some guys who do nothing but do auction stuff and barely ever play.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Rookie

txag2k's Arena

OVR: 1

Good work Rainey! I look forward to more updates I'm now down to only keeping 75+ better rated cards since i know I can move them, even if for cheap.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins33stud
I disagree here. I've spent $0 and have solely flipped cards and have gotten up to a 94 overall team in the last 4 days. I don't think anyone needs to spend money at all to have a good team. Just play the market.
Though to be fair, not everyone has time to flip on the market. Now when you see people with multiple Heisman and high caliber talent, you have spent too much money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »