Home

Head To Head is unplayable

This is a discussion on Head To Head is unplayable within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Head To Head is unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueScrewOSU7
All you have to do is commit a LB to being a spy and you shouldn't have any problems with QBs running on you.
no this doesn't work when the qb immediately runs toward the sidelines after the snap. there's a delay, and with their speed its too much
Old 07-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Spies don't work that well with options either, but they usually work well when they try to take off on a passing play. You need to set your defense to aggressive for option and containment.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Rookie

NCStateWolfpack7's Arena

OVR: 2

LOL at the OP. Dude throwing 4 INTs isn't a game problem, that's a you problem. Choose better plays, make better decisions. The vast majority of interceptions I throw when I make a bad throw choice.

There is almost always at least one receiver open at some point during a pass play, you just have to pick the right one and make the right throw at the right time.

The passing drills, as dumb as it may seem, really do help with learning how to use the "lead" passes. They can help a TON.

My record is like 26-15 on Ult. team so take my advice FWIW.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveburger
no this doesn't work when the qb immediately runs toward the sidelines after the snap. there's a delay, and with their speed its too much
If they do that then I just put the D-line on contain which usually slows him down enough for the LB to respond and get in position to make a play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Spies don't work that well with options either, but they usually work well when they try to take off on a passing play. You need to set your defense to aggressive for option and containment.
They only work on options if the QB keeps it for me at least.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
Rookie

I kind of agree because I have been playing the series on ps2 since the 05. I just got my xbox in feb. It is IMPOSSIBLE to stop the run. I play with the ducks, and they aren't known for it. But in other games I've played with other teams and you can't stop the run. They need a patch. If you're getting picked off a lot....practice!!!! The only times I get picked now are either I read the D wrong...or I try to force something.

bluetiger5150 on xbox....add me whoever plays a lot and doesn't cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
Rookie

I have to agree with the way people cannot handle a loss. Now that everyone has figured out that if you disconnect, nothing happens to your record and you screw the person out of a win. If my game is 21-0 at any point they are sure to disconnect. I have been stuck on the 6th game in the series the last 2 days.

*Out of curiosity, if they disconnect, do you still get the coins or do you get nothing?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveburger
i play for realism, 9 in a zone... yea...
I actually meant 8 in a zone. I rush 3 and play 8 in zone. For a second there I thought there was 12 on defense.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #24
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not just the game itself that's making H2H a nightmare, it's the people that I keep playing, too.

I was down 21-16 in the 4th with about 1:30 left. I forced my opponent to 4th and 20 from his own 26. Of course, the moron decides to go for it. He drops back, lobs it downfield. His intended receiver is Braylon Edwards, but he's double-covered. I take control of the CB to bat the ball down, and just as the ball gets there, Edwards jumps above both defensive backs to catch it and end the game. Neither defensive back did anything to stop it.

I'm sick of this game mode rewarding people who pull this crap. Playing like a normal human being is bad strategy when people can just go for it anywhere on the field and make it 50+ percent of the time when you're in good position to stop it. It's just extremely frustrating.

And yes, I think that INTs need to be toned down. There's a problem when receivers drop more passes than linebackers and defensive backs do. In the last few games that I've played, the defenders have caught everything that gets close to them, every single time. It's nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »