Home

Head To Head is unplayable

This is a discussion on Head To Head is unplayable within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Head To Head is unplayable

Bring back fair play, 6 min quarters with acc clock...would be great.

I don't see any problem going for it. Some coaches actually believe in taking their chances and it has actually been proven that it is more beneficial to do this. The problem is that in NCAA or NFL it isn't very realistic for coaches to do this, especially when it is like 4th and 20 and you are in your own territory. It'd make for a better game if this was adapted. Only allow them to go for it if is under 2 min in the 4th or if they are down 14+ or something along those lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't have a problem with people going for it under normal circumstances. Heck, if I have 4th and 1 or less in my own territory, I'll probably try and get the first down. My issue is with the guys who just lob it up on 4th and 10+ because the cruddy defensive back AI won't even try to defend against the deep passes.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I think the main reason is the fact the game is only 3 minutes, so it feels like if you have to punt then you are dramatically decreasing your chances to win. I go for it a lot more often than I should in NFUT, but I hardly go crazy during regular ranked games.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Defense is so broken in this game that the only way to get a stop is hope you're opponent screws up which is just wrong. With quarters being so short in UT you literally have to score every time you get the ball because there as so many less opportunities for your opponent to make that mistake. It is almost unplayable
Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #29
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDale5
Defense is so broken in this game that the only way to get a stop is hope you're opponent screws up which is just wrong. With quarters being so short in UT you literally have to score every time you get the ball because there as so many less opportunities for your opponent to make that mistake. It is almost unplayable
I think defense is easy this year. It may just be the nature of UT kicking in to make games more offensive oriented, but I've been keeping guys under 15 ppg for regular ranked games by just playing smart, bend but don't break defense.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #30
Rookie

tankey14's Arena

Anyone having a problem even getting an opponent for H2H? it always says it cant find anyone around my rank and after while tell me to try again later, as if no one else was online.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #31
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I think defense is easy this year. It may just be the nature of UT kicking in to make games more offensive oriented, but I've been keeping guys under 15 ppg for regular ranked games by just playing smart, bend but don't break defense.
I dunno what level you are in H2H but i'm on level 4 in season 5 and every single game is against people with 95+ overall teams. It is an absolute STRUGGLEFEST trying to stop someone who has Michael Irvin, elite Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, and elite Winslow 4 downs in a row, and if you ever do actually cover all those receivers they are going to scramble with Charlie Ward or someone like that.

the problem with playing bend but don't break D against these kind of teams is they can burn an entire half in 1 drive. I've figured out that a lot of the time in the second and 4th quarters it's better to just give up a score and get the points back on offense because if you try to stop them and fail you don't get the ball back and you lose by 3 a field goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #32
Rookie

Energ2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone else having issues connecting to a h2h game today??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »