Home

Old 08-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Emmitt Smith?

Played through a couple of games with Emmitt Smith.

Dude is a beast between the tackles. He can make lots of defenders miss on the inside and is an above average to good runner on the outside. I've noticed that I've been able to make defenders miss by making hard cuts and not even using the juke stick.

I'm definitely holding on to him. I will keep him the feature back and run DMC outside the tackles when the situation calls for it. I'm going to be honest, it was hard switching back to DMC after running inside with Smith. He glides between lineman with ease, which DMC cannot do without using the juke stick.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #10
Rookie

Looks like the price shot back up on him this weekend, so it seems I came away with a great buy @ 53K.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #11
Rookie

I knew I should have bought the one for 35k on thursday. I to have DMC (gold) and (HW)Ingram and I do prefer DMC over him. If Emmitt is still a tad high I am going to sell the Ahman Green i pulled last night and buy elite DMC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
Rookie

TDpresents's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcat8907
I knew I should have bought the one for 35k on thursday. I to have DMC (gold) and (HW)Ingram and I do prefer DMC over him. If Emmitt is still a tad high I am going to sell the Ahman Green i pulled last night and buy elite DMC.
I'm contemplating buying Emmitt right now but it looks like DMC, Alexander and Trent Richardson almost have just as good stats but for a lot cheaper.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcat8907
Elite DMC is good, very cheap on the block too. Sooo good on the outside and off the tackles.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDpresents
I'm contemplating buying Emmitt right now but it looks like DMC, Alexander and Trent Richardson almost have just as good stats but for a lot cheaper.
Not sure what's going on with the Smith market on PS3. Guys couldn't get him sold under 60K and now he's back up to 80-100K. I'm guessing somebody bought all of them when they were low and trying to corner the market.

I'd run DMC out there in the meanwhile, I know his value is going to drop again.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDpresents
Depending on your style of play, Richardson might actually be better than Emmitt, and DMC/Alexander are about even. Richardson would be better in a power running scheme with his high trucking. In a spread/outside running scheme, Smith would be better, with DMC close behind. Alexander is a balanced guy who can do inside almost as well as Richardson, and outside almost as well as Smith. Its all about preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

I finally picked one up, dude is a beast inside the tackles. Very shifty. He and Heisman Winner Eddie George are the two best backs I have played with.

The backs I have are:
Elite Emmitt Smith
Heisman Winner Eddie George
Heisman Winner Herschel Walker
Elite Garrison Hearst
Elite Jerome Bettis
Elite Darren McFadden
And Gold DeAngelo Williams, Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, and Montee Ball that are all 90+ guys.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »