Home

Online has become a joke.

This is a discussion on Online has become a joke. within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online has become a joke.

I'm in season 8 atm. Once you get to season 5 and higher you have to start getting 8 wins to make the playoffs and 9 or 10 wins for the first round buy. I don't really remember all the way back to season 5, but I believe the reward is like 4 or 5k for making the playoffs and then the same for getting the bye. It keeps on going up each season until it's at 8000 for season 8. You also start getting packs for winning the semi finals and even quarterfinals. The packs get better too. There's the regular gold pack that I'm sure you've gotten. Then there's the "large" one which gives you two gold players. The biggest won is the "jumbo" one which gives you 3 gold players.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawtoothTiger
They needed online tournaments and more content to keep the loyal users content. I played season 8 about 5 times before I got bored. Sold all of my good players for cheap and traded the game in. Fifa is by far the most exciting EA game anyway and they know it, that's why they spend such little time fixing issues and perfecting ultimate team.

To be fair however, it's their first time with NCAAF ultimate team. Not saying I would have done better.
I haven't played FIFA, but MLB makes an excellent ultimate team mode as well. They did an outstanding job on it the first year too.

They use fictional characters(where you train them) and real MLB players and you cannot extend contracts, so it makes it a little more difficult to manage your team. They also have awards, stats, leaderboards, hall of fame, leaders, etc. It is like an online season mode with 10,000+ teams. The only thing it needs is some type of tournament or playoffs every month.

I think fictional characters, giving you the ability to edit them, makes the game stay fresh or else you start to see the same players, historic or not.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawtoothTiger

To be fair however, it's their first time with NCAAF ultimate team. Not saying I would have done better.
Honestly, I can say that I would have done it better. Having played Fifa UT I know what the "gold standard" is for UT. I don't get why the NCAA EA team didn't refer to Fifa while making their version of UT. Things like the trading block, the bronze and silver tournaments, being able to see your opponent's team in the loading screen, being able to play your friends in matches, not being able to auction things or send cards to collections from the reserves, etc. All of that is pretty obvious stuff that is in Fifa UT...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Rookie

DoEweWumb0's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDpresents
Just don't understand how 2k maybe 1 out of 30 games has lag, and every time there is the other person gets kicked. Yet in NCAA 8/10 games experience some type of lag or players move really slow. Never seen someone kicked in NCAA either.
Totally agree. 2k is rather smooth to play online (Minus unavoidable cheese) but like everyone said, NCAA's lag is infuriating. Mix with cheese & it makes for a sour experince.

But what makes the difference? Think maybe the 2K servers are better/faster?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueScrewOSU7
Honestly, I can say that I would have done it better. Having played Fifa UT I know what the "gold standard" is for UT. I don't get why the NCAA EA team didn't refer to Fifa while making their version of UT. Things like the trading block, the bronze and silver tournaments, being able to see your opponent's team in the loading screen, being able to play your friends in matches, not being able to auction things or send cards to collections from the reserves, etc. All of that is pretty obvious stuff that is in Fifa UT...
Seeing opponents team would stop everyone from pausing after kickoff and scrolling through the depth charts as well. Not being able to sell cards from reserves is a huge headache.

How could they miss those?

One thing about Fifa though, is that there are thousands of players from how many countries? NCAAF had to get into legends, like madden, because there's one country and only so many players you can choose from. Perhaps they could have introduced fake cards? It's true though they should have copied Fifa in terms of tournaments. We can only have one team which is lame. That makes me think there is no changes coming regarding that department.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #14
Rookie

txag2k's Arena

OVR: 1

I would love to be able to sign up for tournaments! Knowing you're probably not getting DC/glitched would be awesome. Right now, I expect only cheese games & glitchers in H2H
Old 07-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Just played a guy on the PS3, Mendew, whose players were all upper 90s rated. Seriously. This was on Season 1. He spent as much on his team as he did buying the game, maybe more. He had Herschel Walker, Andre Ware, Darren Mcfadden, Heath Miller, Tim Brown, Braylon Edwards, Pouncey at center, Ed Reed, Antoine Cason, Laurinaitis, Manti Te'o, David Pollack, Mark Barron, Graham Gano. Not sure how much online I am playing with upper 80, and a few lower 90 players if I am going to be running into College HOF teams over and over.

That being said I slowed him down, he was doing option after option. He had the ball for over 9 minutes but only passed for 95 yards and rushed for 85. So a two score game against my 90 team with his team of super stars. What a loser.

So this game, this fast, has gone the way of Madden Ultimate team where people think they are unstoppable because of skill.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Rookie

He may not have bought packs. If you play all day and take care of the AH it is easy to get good cards without buying your team.

What frustrates the heck out of me is the fact that I am getting glitched, yet I can run a little zone read from time to time because if I do it disconnects me from the game.

They need to fix the small things. I can deal with good teams, but I get tired of the nonsense glitching, running the same play over and over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »