Home

Traded my game in because of HH Vick

This is a discussion on Traded my game in because of HH Vick within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Traded my game in because of HH Vick

I'll admit I was losing interest after going 135-38. I just got hired for a traveling job and was staying home all day waiting to start, so I played a lot. I had a 96 OVR team and was having fun.

Then, they glorified a dock torturer. I love my two dogs, they are part of my family. I forgave a lot of people in my life for being traiters, bullies and other wrongs, but I'd never forgive Vick.

I honestly will never buy another NFL or NCAA Football game until he is removed. EA should be disgusted with themselves.

I did notice he already had a card in the game and while I disliked it, I didn't encounter him that often so it wasn't on my mind. With this new HH card and promo, I feel EA is advertising Mike Vick as a great. Reggie Bush isn't included because he was paid to play for USC, but someone who goes to jail for torturing animals is included. Technicality or no technicality, I am too proud to spend my time playing this game. I'll wait for Fifa.

/rant

Last edited by SawtoothTiger; 07-29-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Traded my game in because of HH Vick

last i checked he paid his dues for that.. not saying what he did was right but the man did his time and is now back to what he does.. dont know if thats a good reason to boycott a video game..

if thats the case you probably wont be buying any sports game ever, all kinds of wrong doing goes on in sports..

Follow me on Twitter for up to date info
https://twitter.com/AP3XSonnyDeez
Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

In April, 2007, a witness observed Vick and 2 others kill 4 pit bulls by “hanging them with a rope. One of the individuals would hold the dog, while another individual would string the rope over a limb and tighten the rope. The individual holding the dog would drop the dog, thereby strangling it to death. “

The witness observed Vick and others drown pit bulls in a bucket. “One of the individuals would hold the hind legs of the dog while another individual would place the dog’s head in the bucket until the dog was dead.”

The witness also observed Vick “shooting dogs and killing them with a shovel.”

The witness saw Vick “breaking a dog’s neck and back by slamming it against the ground until it was dead.”

The witness saw Vick put the dogs that belonged to his daughters in the ring. “He thought is was funny to watch…pit bulls injure or kill these dogs.”

You don't get much worse than that. Paid his dues? I'm not buying that.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
Rookie

not trying to argue here, im just saying he served what our judicial system sentenced him too..what more do you want?? Hell in some peoples eyes Lewis got away with murder and he just went on to win another superbowl. Should we not buy Madden anymore??

you can make a case for any sports game on why not to buy it due to the actions of the athletes, is all im saying..

Follow me on Twitter for up to date info
https://twitter.com/AP3XSonnyDeez
Old 07-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Man has made some mistakes in his life, and has paid for them. I'm sure he has learned alot in his life. Remember, we are not him We do not know everything that was going on in his mind, life at the time. WE are not perfect, and sometimes things just spiral out of control.

Everyone deserves a second chance, no matter what. I am not defending or agreeing with his actions, I am just trying to say learn to forgive, forget, and let go.

We all have things we wouldn't want people to find out, or focus on. We should not judge a man on his past, but rather focus and applaud the man he has become not the man he once was.

It's easy to throw stones and pass judgement on a man. But why not help him up and show him what he did wrong. Help him learn from a situation and to become a better person.

Just my Personal Opinion on matter. Doubtful this topic stays open long anyways

Last edited by DirrtySouth78; 07-29-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
Rookie

While both of you make good mature counter arguments, I am just too emotional on the subject because I own dogs. I just hope he gets his someday.

Last edited by SawtoothTiger; 07-29-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Rookie

TDpresents's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawtoothTiger
While both of you make good mature counter arguments, I am just too emotional on the subject because I own a dog. I just hope he gets his someday.
As much as I agree and would never touch one of his cards, heck I don't even buy cards with players that have problems with the law. I would never buy a Pac Man Jones card. Maybe I'm taking it too far, because it's just a video game, but it's just the way I am. But the main reason why EA did this, is because Vick is very popular. Go on Youtube, hundreds of videos already of people trying to pull the card. So you know what that means, people are buying packs, and do you know what that means for EA? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDpresents
As much as I agree and would never touch one of his cards, heck I don't even buy cards with players that have problems with the law. I would never buy a Pac Man Jones card. Maybe I'm taking it too far, because it's just a video game, but it's just the way I am. But the main reason why EA did this, is because Vick is very popular. Go on Youtube, hundreds of videos already of people trying to pull the card. So you know what that means, people are buying packs, and do you know what that means for EA? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yeah, they know the fast QB's are the ones that generate interest. They already had a silver and gold Vick card though. The gold was a 90 or 91 ovr with a 90 or so speed. I used to be a fan of him but I find it hard to believe he's so popular after the dog incidents. Thanks for agreeing with me though, feel a little better.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »