Home

DAE find themselves playing completely differently with UT?

This is a discussion on DAE find themselves playing completely differently with UT? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
DAE find themselves playing completely differently with UT?

I find myself not caring about stats, as they do not carry over from game to game (unless you do an OD? I haven't tried it yet). In Dynasties I have always found myself playing for stats. With UT (offline games) I have been just playing for the W. I am often happy with 28-0 wins or in the case of the 99 team on AA, coming from behind to win 28-24 on my first try!

I have done something that I never even thought of in the past. I have Elite Peyton\Dmac in for my first 3 drives and will use him as a pocket passer carving up the D. I then switch over to Vick\Dmac for 2 or 3 drives running the option, and finish up with Ware\Bettis running the I form to milk the clock.

I also find myself using blitz+contain to stop the option, and relying on cover 2 man for the pass. Zone D just seems to fail consistently for me.

Is anyone else adopting a new gameplan, strategy, or other tricks in this new game mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: DAE find themselves playing completely differently with UT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
I find myself not caring about stats, as they do not carry over from game to game (unless you do an OD? I haven't tried it yet). In Dynasties I have always found myself playing for stats. With UT (offline games) I have been just playing for the W. I am often happy with 28-0 wins or in the case of the 99 team on AA, coming from behind to win 28-24 on my first try!

I have done something that I never even thought of in the past. I have Elite Peyton\Dmac in for my first 3 drives and will use him as a pocket passer carving up the D. I then switch over to Vick\Dmac for 2 or 3 drives running the option, and finish up with Ware\Bettis running the I form to milk the clock.

I also find myself using blitz+contain to stop the option, and relying on cover 2 man for the pass. Zone D just seems to fail consistently for me.

Is anyone else adopting a new gameplan, strategy, or other tricks in this new game mode?
Same here. Total game changer for me as far as how I play the actual games. If I'm playing the CPU in a solo challenge, I start winding the clock as soon as I take a lead. If I win 10-0, but the game ends ASAP, I'm actually more pleased with that than I would be if I blew them out.
Also, since there's no threat of anyone transferring if they don't get PT, I don't really care to get anyone other than the Starters in the games.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DAE find themselves playing completely differently with UT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
Also, since there's no threat of anyone transferring if they don't get PT, I don't really care to get anyone other than the Starters in the games.
I do this also. I only keep 38-40 players active on my roster anyway to keep the "game count" down. 3 QBs, 2 HBs, 4 WRs, 2 TE, 1 FB, 8 OL, 3 DE, 3 DT, 5 LB, 4 CB, 3 Safety, 1 k, 1 p.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »