Home

What formations work best for you?

This is a discussion on What formations work best for you? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
Rookie

TDpresents's Arena

OVR: 0
What formations work best for you?

What formations work best for you guys? Maybe you run a 3-4 or a 4-3. What about on the other side of the ball? Do you run the Pistol, 5 wide? What do you run, and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What formations work best for you?

4-3 all the way... ace formations and shotgun formations on offense
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

more successful with the 3-4 and for offense I use UGA's pro style playbook, has a nice selection of Ace, Shotgun, and I-form as well as Pistol and Power-I

also gonna rant a little for a sec.. I play a friend's copy and only play ultimate team.. I've just about given up on defense because of the ridiculous momentum the cpu offense has it seems, I can't stand that nearly every QB scrambles like Vick and no matter what the ball carrier falls forward in an animation, completely unrealistic especially with that new physics engine, are there no gang tackles at all?? as soon as the ball carrier gets touched it's an animation that can't be stopped.. and then the pristine blocking nearly every play too, makes me have to cheese with the LE to get sacks.. could be different in other modes or whatever but damn it, playing defense makes me want to smash baby kittens
Old 08-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

4-2-5, so many teams run the spread that I find it easier just to run a defense with a bunch of DBs out there. Got tired of having my LBs get beat.

I'm using Texas State's playbook, its pistol heavy, and from my cursory looks has the greatest variation of Triple Option plays out of the Pistol. Wish I could find a pistol offense that has the 2 Flexbone Pistol formations (only found in The Academies and GT's playbooks). The triple option out of the pistol Flexbone is so dangerous, but the passing attack in those offenses are so limited as pretty much all the formations have a RB lining up at WR instead of your 3rd WR, which is a pain if you are trying to move down the field through the air (they'll drop easy catches, and don't run the routes well).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I generally run Ace on offense, as I like having 3WR's and a TE and never really had a FB that did much.

On D, I run 4-2-5 almost exclusively, except when my opponent is inside my 10 yard line, or there is less the :30 left and my opponent is going to be throwing deep, then I go quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Offense, I use all the types of the i-form with 2 receivers, and I occasionally go split back to switch it up. Once in a while, I use Ace, but usually when I go 3-4 wide, I go out of the shotgun.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

mavericku812's Arena

OVR: 1

D: 4-3 but specifically 3-3-5 Nickel D and Dollar D (mixing zone coverages with Man and throwing in a QB Spy will do wonders)

Also when you really believe a pass is coming, using the Left Trigger and prepping your D for pass helps a lot. (forgot exact name of feature)

O: Pistol and Shotgun (I prefer playing with a Scrambling QB, throwing in multiple option type plays, play action, zone runs, and this gives you the ability to get down the field quickly passing )
Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

Run a 4-3 on Defense and have one or both of my d-ends keep contain on the outside if oppenent id runing a lot of option play. Helps get more pressure and throw more blitzs than out of the 3-4 which I tried but didn't do well with.

I run Miami's pro style offnse, but have recently tried and liked Oregon's spread offense. Lots of read options available, but you need a speedy rb and speedy QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »